Wikipedia

The ADHD Lounge

Recommended Posts

Wikipedia

* Feel free to move this to the Member's Lounge if it should be over there 

 

I noticed that there's a lot of ATRLers that have ADHD so I thought I'd make a thread for us :flower:

 

Some online resources:

ADHD subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ADHD/

Women with ADHD: https://www.reddit.com/r/adhdwomen/

Another women with ADHD subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXADHD/

How to ADHD: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-nPM1_kSZf91ZGkcgy_95Q

Dani Donovan: 

ADHD Alien: (She has more comics than the ones in this thread below btw)

 

CHADD:https://chadd.org/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nido

The fact that it took me..several attemps and multiple distraction alone just to finish writing this and then hit Submit Reply :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Haus
Posted (edited)

i do not even wanna talk about it

 

college senior living alone in my apt i cant afford struggling w my online classes and v lonely and my time perception is ****edddddd. :chick3:
 

 

nice resource list tho, i was actually meaning to check the adhd subreddit again earlier but forgot (lol) to see how ppl are coping. reddit is an extremely underrated resource. also dani is awesome. 

Edited by Haus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BGKC
31 minutes ago, Nido said:

The fact that it took me..several attemps and multiple distraction alone just to finish writing this and then hit Submit Reply :skull:

Girl. It can take me an hour or more for me to decide if posting a comment is it even worth it sometimes. I’ll start typing out my thoughts on a subject, do a long drawn out google search on that subject, skim through multiple articles just to go back and perfect what I previously wrote because of the new found facts I just learned, to taking a hit from the bong and then dramatically re-enacting what i just typed under my breath, to then deleting all of it because now I’m high and extremely critical of everything I do, so to keep it simple I then look for a very specific gif on google to describe my feelings on the subject all just to give up and go on p0rnhub. 
 

@Wikipedia I hope the thread sticks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nido
7 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Girl. It can take me an hour or more for me to decide if posting a comment is it even worth it sometimes. I’ll start typing out my thoughts on a subject, do a long drawn out google search on that subject, skim through multiple articles just to go back and perfect what I previously wrote because of the new found facts I just learned, to taking a hit from the bong and then dramatically re-enacting what i just typed under my breath, to then deleting all of it because now I’m high and extremely critical of everything I do, so to keep it simple I then look for a very specific gif on google to describe my feelings on the subject all just to give up and go on p0rnhub. 
 

@Wikipedia I hope the thread sticks! 

Same thing with me doing research on something I wanted to buy. For example, shoes, I always go through multiple websites, comparing prices and color options, reading reviews &  watching unboxing videos for reviews & fit, taking hours and hours to mentally decide only to end up not wanting to buy said item anymore :deadbanana4:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimes

I think I’ve got it. Most of the things people mention about it are sooooo common for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BehindBlueEyes

I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 6.
It looks like people can deal with ADHD boys but hate ADHD girls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wikipedia
On 5/13/2020 at 3:48 PM, Haus said:

i do not even wanna talk about it

 

college senior living alone in my apt i cant afford struggling w my online classes and v lonely and my time perception is ****edddddd. :chick3:
 

 

nice resource list tho, i was actually meaning to check the adhd subreddit again earlier but forgot (lol) to see how ppl are coping. reddit is an extremely underrated resource. also dani is awesome. 

I had to drop my classes cause I couldn't handle it :psyduck:

On 5/13/2020 at 5:47 PM, Grimes said:

I think I’ve got it. Most of the things people mention about it are sooooo common for me. 

Are you able to get a diagnosis? Things got a lot better for me once I got on meds.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:58 PM, Nido said:

The fact that it took me..several attemps and multiple distraction alone just to finish writing this and then hit Submit Reply :skull:

I tend to impulsively post comments and then think of all the better things I could have written for the next 5 minutes :skull:

On 5/13/2020 at 3:49 PM, BGKC said:

 I hope the thread sticks! 

I love it sticks too :duca:

 

On 5/13/2020 at 6:23 PM, BehindBlueEyes said:

I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 6.
It looks like people can deal with ADHD boys but hate ADHD girls. 

ADHD presents differently in women and so a lot of us go under the radar or get misdiagnosed. I'm lucky to not have that happen. I got diagnosed at 18 but I also did the test for depression and bipolar (which came back negative).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Jeans

My friend with benefits/Idk who we are has clinical ADHD

It’s so confusing to be with him. One time he’s all over me, the other time it’s like her forgets and ignores me :rip: I can’t read him. I still can’t figure him out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wikipedia
On 5/14/2020 at 10:05 PM, Blue Jeans said:

My friend with benefits/Idk who we are has clinical ADHD

It’s so confusing to be with him. One time he’s all over me, the other time it’s like her forgets and ignores me :rip: I can’t read him. I still can’t figure him out. 

That sounds like something I would do I can't confirm that though cause i've never been in a relationship

People with ADHD tend to hyperfocus when they first meet someone. That hyperfocus can stop suddenly. I use to be obsessed with Rami Malek for 4-5 months. Then I didn't care about him AT ALL for the next several months. Now I just am a casual stan that occasionally checks in. Maybe your FwB is going through something similar? If he's someone that uses avoidance to cope, then that could also explain why he forgets you. I know cause I do the same thing :rip: It's not that I'm forgetting them, it's that i'm putting off responding to them.

 

In the end, I wouldn't take it personally. I know that's easier said than done though. You should make a post on /r/ADHD. They'll give you better advice cause unlike me, they've actually been in relationships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar

After a long process, I was diagnosed with ADHD. Tbh, thinking back in my life I did have like some things of it but it wasn’t affecting my life until I hit college.

 

I thought part of the issue was me, but in reality I had this whole other issue. I was unable to focus, I’d forget things, I’d forget what I was going to say, even if I’m in a middle of a conversation. I easily fill with anger and frustration. 

 

What made me realize it, when I spent the last two years dealing with my anxiety and depression. Both are now manageable for the most part. But even when those two weren’t prominent I was still kinda off. Then on top of it I started back at school, it was pretty obvious by then :skull:  

 

I tried Ritalin (Concerta) but it barely worked. I got angry very easily. Today I was perscribed a low dose of Adderall (not sure whether extended or instant). So I’ll see how this turns out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar
On 5/13/2020 at 12:58 AM, Nido said:

The fact that it took me..several attemps and multiple distraction alone just to finish writing this and then hit Submit Reply :skull:

 

On 5/13/2020 at 1:49 AM, BGKC said:

Girl. It can take me an hour or more for me to decide if posting a comment is it even worth it sometimes. I’ll start typing out my thoughts on a subject, do a long drawn out google search on that subject, skim through multiple articles just to go back and perfect what I previously wrote because of the new found facts I just learned, to taking a hit from the bong and then dramatically re-enacting what i just typed under my breath, to then deleting all of it because now I’m high and extremely critical of everything I do, so to keep it simple I then look for a very specific gif on google to describe my feelings on the subject all just to give up and go on p0rnhub. 
 

@Wikipedia I hope the thread sticks! 

It used to take me weeks to write a paper that would normally take someone 1-2 days. It was like nails on chalkboard, just by looking at the paper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar
On 5/14/2020 at 7:55 AM, Wikipedia said:

I tend to impulsively post comments and then think of all the better things I could have written for the next 5 minutes :skull:

this is me with everything :rip: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pop culture

I definitely have an undiagnosed attention disorder, not sure if ADHD or something else, anyway it's the reason I didn't go to university. Some days it's manageable and doesn't impact my life that much, other days I can't even watch a movie without having to pause it every 2 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M André

I honestly think I have ADHD, how can I verify? I should go to psychologist or a psychiatrist??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wikipedia
3 hours ago, M André said:

I honestly think I have ADHD, how can I verify? I should go to psychologist or a psychiatrist??

A psychiatrist diagnoses + gives you meds (if you need them)

4 hours ago, Caesar said:

I tried Ritalin (Concerta) but it barely worked. I got angry very easily. Today I was perscribed a low dose of Adderall (not sure whether extended or instant). So I’ll see how this turns out.

Ritalin made me super angry too :rip: Hope your new meds work out

4 hours ago, Pop culture said:

I definitely have an undiagnosed attention disorder, not sure if ADHD or something else, anyway it's the reason I didn't go to university. Some days it's manageable and doesn't impact my life that much, other days I can't even watch a movie without having to pause it every 2 minutes.

I can't watch movies properly either. I either have to pause them or watch them + scroll on reddit/twitter. My attention span is terrible.

4 hours ago, Caesar said:

 

It used to take me weeks to write a paper that would normally take someone 1-2 days. It was like nails on chalkboard, just by looking at the paper

That's partially why I switched degrees :deadbanana4: Wayyy easier for me to do math problems/assignments than to structure and write an essay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar
4 hours ago, Pop culture said:

I definitely have an undiagnosed attention disorder, not sure if ADHD or something else, anyway it's the reason I didn't go to university. Some days it's manageable and doesn't impact my life that much, other days I can't even watch a movie without having to pause it every 2 minutes.

I thought my anxiety and depression was stopping me but it really was the ADHD for the most part :rip: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar
3 hours ago, M André said:

I honestly think I have ADHD, how can I verify? I should go to psychologist or a psychiatrist??

Psychatrist

 

You can use this source if you live in the US to find one, or ZocDoc. Hospitals most likely have one, but at times they are hard to reach because they are all booked up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar
6 minutes ago, Wikipedia said:

Ritalin made me super angry too :rip: Hope your new meds work out

I got into so many arguments that weren’t even necessary f

 

6 minutes ago, Wikipedia said:

That's partially why I switched degrees :deadbanana4: Wayyy easier for me to do math problems/assignments than to structure and write an essay.

English is so hard for me. I’d take a math test over a english paper any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wikipedia
1 minute ago, Caesar said:

I got into so many arguments that weren’t even necessary f

 

English is so hard for me. I’d take a math test over a english paper any day.

I kept angrily hitting my laptop :deadbanana4: lowkey scared me tbh cause i've never acted like that before

 

Math>English

At least with math, there's order and structure. It makes it a lot easier for me to think things through cause there's steps you know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M André
1 minute ago, Wikipedia said:

A psychiatrist diagnoses + gives you meds (if you need them)

Ritalin made me super angry too :rip: Hope your new meds work out

I can't watch movies properly either. I either have to pause them or watch them + scroll on reddit/twitter. My attention span is terrible.

That's partially why I switched degrees :deadbanana4: Wayyy easier for me to do math problems/assignments than to structure and write an essay.

Thank you sis. I was always thought I was lazy and that was most people told me. But it’s a nightmare trying to do simple chores. I just can’t do them, my whole career has been just so ugly, many essays I couldn’t even do in time and had to do rushing within hours of the limit, many times I have forgotten I had exams, the lack of concentration that made some of my teachers publicly humiliate me uwu. 
I will make an appointment by the end of quarantine, I just cannot live like this anymore, it has really make me hate my career and feel so anxious every time I’m working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wikipedia
1 minute ago, M André said:

Thank you sis. I was always thought I was lazy and that was most people told me. But it’s a nightmare trying to do simple chores. I just can’t do them, my whole career has been just so ugly, many essays I couldn’t even do in time and had to do rushing within hours of the limit, many times I have forgotten I had exams, the lack of concentration that made some of my teachers publicly humiliate me uwu. 
I will make an appointment by the end of quarantine, I just cannot live like this anymore, it has really make me hate my career and feel so anxious every time I’m working.

Sounds like me pre-diagnosis :chick3:

Meds won't fix everything but they do help. Be sure to go to therapy if you're struggling and need healthy coping mechanisms. Good luck :hug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar
13 minutes ago, Wikipedia said:

I kept angrily hitting my laptop :deadbanana4: lowkey scared me tbh cause i've never acted like that before

 

Math>English

At least with math, there's order and structure. It makes it a lot easier for me to think things through cause there's steps you know?

I agree. Order and structure is more easier for me aswell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caesar

@Wikipedia what type of ADHD do you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites