IlianVargas

Canada's Drag Race | The Jimbo Show

Hector
10 minutes ago, rN820 said:

what time does this premiere?

9pm ET tonight if you have WOW+'s streaming service.

rN820
Just now, Hector said:

9pm ET tonight if you have WOW+'s streaming service.

perfect, thank you! 

GVet

I haven’t laughed that hard on a mini challenge in a long time. If this is how the season is, we’re in for a treat! 

FAN

So excited :clap3: do we know if there will be S2? How will we track the success of the show? 

Fitzswiftie
On 6/15/2020 at 6:24 PM, Hector said:

and Drag Race in the US is a Viacom property so connections must have been made?

Undoubtedly, half of the Celeb Drag Race cast were from ViaCom shows, gotta keep that corporate vertical integration strong.

Jordan Connor — Riverdale (The CW)

Jermaine Fowler — Superior Donuts (CBS)

Nico Tortoetella — Younger (TV Land) & a tattoo show on MTV

Loni Love — The Real (BET)

Tami Roman — Basketball Wives (VH1)

Dustin Milligan — Schitt’s Creek (PopTV)

Hakunt

the sneak peek looks awesome :clap3:

FAN

Lemon, Jimbo and Kyne are looking like the stars of this series regardless of placement. I’m excited to see there followers grow. 

FAN

Instagram followers on premiere day! 

Kyne 63.4k
Tynomi Banks 33.5k

Rita Bagaz 25.8k 
Priyanka 25.4k

Ilona 23.2k

Lemon 23.2k 

Juice Boxx 22.7k 

Scarlett 21.8k

Kiara 12.4k

BOA 12.6k 

Jimbo 10.8k 
Anaquway 7.003k

@dperkins can you please update moving forward? 

jpow

The first episode is on WOW+!  I'm watching it now!

BOA and Jimbo are HILARIOUS :ahh: 

mxoonlight

Brooke Lynn better **** Jeffrey chile :jonny: 

Bimbo

This kinda dry...

Galang

Kyne didn't deserve the BT3. Boa should not be high and Jumbo was robbed. But overall  it was a nice episode

brooklyndaddy

This episode was AWFUL. Quite possibly the worst Drag Race episode I've ever seen. It just felt... off. And what in F**K was that judging :psyduck: Boa's look deserved to send her home... it was literally an eyesore and not in the artsy Crystal or Yvie way, it was a MESS. Also I thought Kyne's outfit was really great despite her attitude. Juice Boxx definitely did have a very poor outfit but I'm sad to see her go :emofish:

I know it's only episode one but it felt soulless and very very dry

jpow

I thought this episode was great!  

Kyne definitely should have been bottom 2 instead of Lemon IMO.  The outfit was a cheap mess that was falling apart on the stage and her attitude serves Serena Chacha.

For someone who brags about being a dancer, I thought Lemon was such a disappointment in the lipsync.  Where was the dancing?  Where was the dance technique?  It seems that I can dance better than her and I have a grand total of 6mo of dance training :rip: 

Juice Boxx was definitely deserving of the first boot, but I was screaming at her having a panic attack on stage during critiques.

Jimbo is an ICON.  I thought they should have won both the mini and the maxi challenge!  So so good and so funny.

I thought BOA was in the bottom when they announced her name but I think she's absolutely hilarious so I didn't mind them putting her in the top.  The outfit honestly wasn't bad except for the placement of her boobs.

Priyanka was also hilarious and I'm really looking forward to more from her.

Rita Baga did well but was kinda boring IMO.  She serves the kind of pompous attitude that Montreal is known for and I'm not the biggest fan of that.

jpow

I thought having a guest host instead of a guest judge was an interesting idea.  It'll be odd to see a different person walk the stage and announce the judges each episode, but it's a better solution to not having Ru versus just having Brooke Lynn walk down the runway every time.

Stacey McKenzie is such a legend, it's so nice having her on the show.  She has the most soothing voice too I could listen to her talk for hours

JBC is slightly annoying.  He definitely tries way too hard to be funny at times IMO.

Feather

Ugh missed the premiere so I have to wait for it to be on Crave (I'm from Canada) :weeps: 

Gwegend

Lol juice box won that lip sync...

Feather

Production wise, how was the show? Did it look low budget?

Canada's Next Top Model looked like a tight a** budget mess when it aired back in the day :rip: 

jpow
3 minutes ago, Gwegend said:

Lol juice box won that lip sync...

My BF said the same thing.  I guess they didn't want to let the other queen go so soon

2 minutes ago, Feather said:

Production wise, how was the show? Did it look low budget?

Canada's Next Top Model looked like a tight a** budget mess when it aired back in the day :rip: 

Same production as the US version basically!  

Gwegend
Just now, jpow said:

My BF said the same thing.  I guess they didn't want to let the other queen go so soon

Same production as the US version basically!  

I’m a CRJ STANNNN- she served the song. Lemon, who I do like overall and don’t think should have been bottom 2, was not doing anything right for that song. Great splits but didn’t fit the song and she hopped out of them so quickly it was just so weird. Her whole lip sync was in slow motion or something it was weird lol.

the episode was poorly edited too but overall it was ight 

dperkins

I loved the episode. I can’t at some people saying it was bad. Some of y’all just complain about everything. :skull: 

However... the judging was a disaster. The right queen went home I feel like though. I felt they both did well in that lipsync and it could’ve gone either way, but Lemon had NO business being in the bottom anyways. I honestly thought it was gonna be BOA and Juice Boxx when I saw the looks. :skull: Jimbo should’ve won. Kiara should’ve been Top 3. Rita should’ve been read for that UGLY blue dress under that coat. When she took off that beautiful look to reveal that ugly unfinished dress, I was appalled. The unfinished hemline and basic cut.. :skull: I also really liked Tynomi’s look. 

WIN: Jimbo

HIGH: Kiara & Tynomi

LOW: BOA

BTM2: Kyne vs Juice Boxx

Kyne’s attitude was enough to put her in the bottom, and then when the balls fell off after she was called safe... EMBARRASSING. :skull: 

pxxxtrick

I LOVE Jimbo. She was robbed of wins in both challenges.

Boa's look... girl :rip: 

Inner Insanity

I love Jimbo. Loved her from the moment she started talking in her MTQ. Definitely robbed of the win. I thought her personality shined and her outfit from head to toe was better than Rita's. 

Questionable judging aside, this was a nice introduction to the season. We got some decent drama and lots of likeable queens. I'm excited for the next episode.

dperkins
7 hours ago, FAN said:

Instagram followers on premiere day! 

Kyne 63.4k
Tynomi Banks 33.5k

Rita Bagaz 25.8k 
Priyanka 25.4k

Ilona 23.2k

Lemon 23.2k 

Juice Boxx 22.7k 

Scarlett 21.8k

Kiara 12.4k

BOA 12.6k 

Jimbo 10.8k 
Anaquway 7.003k

@dperkins can you please update moving forward? 

I’ll try. :fan: 

Tim£

Omg the judging is a mess the guy needs to go, he has zero credentials and tries way too hard!!!

I thought Kyne’s look was in the top and BOA was in the bottom lel