Canada's Drag Race Season 2 | New Panel of Judges

Honestly as a Canadian I really don't understand why this show was even warranted? like just let Canadians participate in Drag Race US

In terms of culture, especially gay culture in Canada, there is very little originality, its all shared US cultural references. Just look at snatch game, only ONE girl chose a Canadian to portray (who isn't even a uniquely Canadian cultural icon) :deadbanana4: Contrast that to UK drag race where there is a distinct culture and almost everyone was doing uniquely British icons. 

Since the 1980s theres been literally nothing distinct about Canada culturally from the states, the provinces are almost indistinguishable culturally the same as the states they border (except Miss Quebec). Especially when it comes to Toronto which is literally just a wannabe NYC :deadbanana4:

I struggle to find the point with "Canada's drag race" when its really just Drag Race US on a tighter budget 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jpow

• FAN

• hétérosexuelle

• genetic fail

7 hours ago, hétérosexuelle said:

What is Priyanka “BRINGING”?

Good lip-syncs? Sure, I’ll give her that

Looks? Hit-and-miss, never totally stands out bar the Celine Dion look

Comedy? Cringe, she has no understanding of comedy at all :clown: And she proved this over and over and OVER. Even Trixie was sometimes funny.

She is severely overrated by the fans at this point, even BOA was better in challenges. She is mediocre. Period.

Her confessionals are also predictable **** mimicking US DR, nothing original to say but “OH MY GOD, THE GIRLS ARE FIIIIIGHTING MAMA” 

Yawn :sleep:

MTE. She’s overrated and obnoxious. 

3 hours ago, LookinIn said:

Honestly as a Canadian I really don't understand why this show was even warranted? like just let Canadians participate in Drag Race US

In terms of culture, especially gay culture in Canada, there is very little originality, its all shared US cultural references. Just look at snatch game, only ONE girl chose a Canadian to portray (who isn't even a uniquely Canadian cultural icon) :deadbanana4: Contrast that to UK drag race where there is a distinct culture and almost everyone was doing uniquely British icons. 

Since the 1980s theres been literally nothing distinct about Canada culturally from the states, the provinces are almost indistinguishable culturally the same as the states they border (except Miss Quebec). Especially when it comes to Toronto which is literally just a wannabe NYC :deadbanana4:

I struggle to find the point with "Canada's drag race" when its really just Drag Race US on a tighter budget 

Well I mean their motivation is money at the end of the day, so really its just another way for them to make more of a profit off the Drag Race franchise, and on the plus side it gives Canadian queens a better chance at WW exposure than if they had to audition for DR US

29 minutes ago, GVet said:

^ Exactly. 12 Canadians get exposure in 1 season versus just 2 Canadians in 12 seasons.

Wait, aside from Brooke who was the second Canadian?

---

I am honestly living for the regionalization of RPDR, can't complain because more and more content for me to enjoy. Plus like, these international queens are always bringing it more because they have something to prove really, it's not just "so and so's drag daughter's best friend who gets carried to mid-season although bringing nothing looking to increase her booking fee" ... meanwhile every girl here is trying to make a name for herself and have an iconic legacy in the CDR syndication. 

jimbo would have easily won if it wasnt for that ugly ass outfit

glad he dragged rita baga, she keeps winning but is such a non-event and several wins are undeserved

glad lemon won at least that runway was iconic :ahh: it literally looked like those toddlers n tiaras show :ahh: 

• ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, LookinIn said:

You're right for the most part, but it's funny how the winner of Snatch Game UK was someone playing Donald Trump :rip:

4 hours ago, Nii. said:

Jackie Cox is from Halifax and said on S12 that she couldn't vote in this year's US election because she's still a Canadian citizen.

Inner Insanity

Pri brings personality and entertainment. She has an it factor only matched by Jimbo and Lemon. Also she's never branded herself as a comedy queen. Unlike unfunny cringefests Cracker, Trixie, and Pandora. I also thought she was hilarious in the episode 2 acting challenge so clearly she can be funny, she's just not as good at thinking on her feet which is a hard skill. Still more worthy of winning than Rigga Baga Morris. :clown:

2 hours ago, Inner Insanity said:

Pri brings personality and entertainment. She has an it factor only matched by Jimbo and Lemon. Also she's never branded herself as a comedy queen. Unlike unfunny cringefests Cracker, Trixie, and Pandora. I also thought she was hilarious in the episode 2 acting challenge so clearly she can be funny, she's just not as good at thinking on her feet which is a hard skill. Still more worthy of winning than Rigga Baga Morris. :clown:

Lemon wishes she was on Priyanka's and Jimbo's level 

2 hours ago, Inner Insanity said:

If she worked on her comedy/improv skills she would be unstoppable... same with Lemon and her runways. Would love to see them both on AS sometime in the future.

Edited by CroNich
Inner Insanity
41 minutes ago, CroNich said:

If she worked on her comedy/improv skills she would be unstoppable... same with Lemon and her runways. Would love to see them both on AS sometime in the future.

Neither Pri or Lemon is perfect but both ooze charisma and star power which is something you can't just learn or buy. You either have it or you don't. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Inner Insanity said:

Neither Pri or Lemon is perfect but both ooze charisma and star power which is something you can't just learn or buy. You either have it or you don't. 

tea, mostly with priyanka.  theres a reason why shes the narrator of the season. 

hétérosexuelle
1 hour ago, Madame X said:

tea, mostly with priyanka.  theres a reason why shes the narrator of the season. 

Lemon has the funnier more enjoyable confessionals :siptea:

I feel like if any of these Canadian Queens were on the US version, they would be out so quick. Like their "style" (fashion, look, lip sync) and everything doesn't match the American girls -- they're far ahead of the game. Jackie Cox and Brooklyn really shows that (since they basically started their career there). The Canadian Drag Scene is nothing compared to America.

14 hours ago, Nii. said:

That one queen who keeps sending me d*ck pics on Grindr in Hell's Kitchen :mandown:

Inner Insanity
1 hour ago, Feather said:

I feel like if any of these Canadian Queens were on the US version, they would be out so quick. Like their "style" (fashion, look, lip sync) and everything doesn't match the American girls -- they're far ahead of the game. Jackie Cox and Brooklyn really shows that (since they basically started their career there). The Canadian Drag Scene is nothing compared to America.

At least these girls have shown they can perform the house down. Unlike the UK, all of them have delivered great lip syncs. :foxaylove2:

2 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

That one queen who keeps sending me d*ck pics on Grindr in Hell's Kitchen :mandown:

girl sharing is caring 

3 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Nnn. Rpdrgonewild awaits you.

5 hours ago, Inner Insanity said:

At least these girls have shown they can perform the house down. Unlike the UK, all of them have delivered great lip syncs. :foxaylove2:

And yet the UK version is far superior ... Miss Charlie Hides wasn't lying the UK isn't a lipsynch-heavy scene - drag comes from a different background :eli: 

Lucid Dreaming

The way i'm expecting Scarlett to snatch these final two challenges and take home the crown:chick1:

I'm fine with any of the 5 winning, each one of them is going to be an 'OK' winner in my book. None of them really wowed me, except for Jimbo in some aspects , although i find her quite overrated by the fandom. All of them have strenghts and weakness (i hope we get a Rita v Jimbo lipsync, it's going to be a hot mess to watch lmao).

Inner Insanity
5 hours ago, Serendipity said:

And yet the UK version is far superior ... Miss Charlie Hides wasn't lying the UK isn't a lipsynch-heavy scene - drag comes from a different background :eli: 

I wouldn't say FAR superior but it was overall better, yes.

publikcitizen

Well... I'm sad Lemon went home this week. Especially since she has two wins and Scarlet doesn't have a win yet. I'm glad Priyanka won. She did pretty well tonight.