Canada's Drag Race Season 2 | New Panel of Judges

feelslikeadream
13 minutes ago, Inner Insanity said:

You know Jimbo is only starring in the video right? :rip: It's not her song at all.

I actually learned this last night because I was looking for the song on Spotify, and when it was only the artist's name, I realized she was just in the video :ahh: But I blame the person who posted it on Twitter saying, "Jimbo can sing!!" for misleading me.

Edited by feelslikeadream
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jpow

• FAN

• hétérosexuelle

• genetic fail

2 hours ago, LionH3art said:

Lemon was the deserved winner this week, she slayed the challenge + runway. Jimbo did great at the challenge as well (second best after Lemon imo) but felt short with her runway. Why is Scarlett still here, they keep calling out Ilona for being one note, while Scarlett is being her grumpy as self every episode. Thought her performance in the last couple of episodes was the worst of the bunch. Literally so uncharismatic.

I feel like now that Ilona is gone, Scarlett is either going to SERVEEEE win etc and be like "now that sissy is gone my head is so clear" or (more likely imo) is going to still underwhelm and get sent home after trying to blame all of her issues on Ilona

Inner Insanity
38 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I actually learned this last night because I was looking for the song on Spotify, and when it was only the artist's name, I realized she was just in the video :ahh: But I blame the person who posted it on Twitter saying, "Jimbo can sing!!" for misleading me.

Just making sure. The wording of your post almost had me misled too. :dies: Still a great song though. 

hétérosexuelle

Priyanka is basically Canada’s Miz Cracker who can lip-sync :swan:

If you’re not funny, don’t label yourself as a “comedy queen” 

Just watched the episode, more thots to follow :keir:

hétérosexuelle
36 minutes ago, josesuxx said:

This ain't it :biblio:

Sorry (NOT sorry) but she has BOMBED every single comedy or acting challenge so far (even last week and week #2, where they pretended she was funny) — She is consistently unfunny

She is SO not funny, it’s uncomfortable to watch her try (oh so hard). Being loud and screaming and doing a bad accent and acting messy without narrative is NOT funny :mazen:

Top 5 -

Rita: 3 wins, No B2

Lemon: 2 wins, 1 B2 

Jimbo: 1 win, No B2

Priyanka: 1 win, 2 B2

Scarlett: No win, no B2

3/5 never being in the bottom. Has that every happened before in a season? 

hétérosexuelle

1. Another week of Jimbo being on another level, and not getting his props. I wasn’t super mad this time, because I got accustomed to the horrible judging :toofunny2: It’s gotten THAT bad

The dress looked crafty, but it was a fun look. They always nitpick at Jimbo and we are SICK of it

Jimbo UNLEASHING a series of drags upon Rigga had me in STITCHES :ahh:He gave NO ****s, and I get it, Rigga ALWAYS, ALWAYS gets a pass

2. Lemon once again proving that she is not to be underestimated. She’s pushing through the competition with charisma and performance ALONE. I said it before, but a high-budget/polished Lemon would be some next level ****

Also, Lemon’s confessionals are kinda funny :soda: Who knew a bleached white twink can be this charismatic and naturally charming?

3. Rigga was awful in the challenge, but good look. Awful wig, glad Rita did what the judges (bar Legend ALLIE X) couldn’t deliver :fan: 

4. Allie X was amazing and Hello is a whole ass bop. Queen, truly. Lemme revisit her discog real quick and bop to “Vintage”

5. Scarlet was unfunny, as per usual. She is a less polished Trinity Taylor, and even less funny.

They tried it with the Jan Sport edit :skull: as if she deserved the win and got snubbed, and for what?

6. Ilona wasn’t THAT bad in the challenge, but yes the runway was boring and basic. It was her time nonetheless

7. Priyanka; great gowns beautiful gowns :swan: I liked the runway, but she BOMBED yet another challenge. She has bombed every single challenge so far, she was mediocre at best in EP #2 and god knows the design challenge metal dress she was shocked herself for any positive critique, says enough

She’s no comedy queen. Focus on being a look queen who can lip-sync.

Footnote:

I was READY for them to call Jeffery to the stage and put him in the bottom to lip-sync against one of the queens for that HORRENDOUS performance on the pageant  :clown: HE was worse than the worst of them.

The cringy fake voice,  the stomach-turning faces, the bulging eyes, the try-hard failed attempts at campiness and “comedy”, the psycho smiling

He should’ve GONE HOME. Period. :clown: 

Sooooo.... I agree that the judges. That is a bad jimbo look. I think it looked wrinkled, her make up was powdered and old, and that wig was not it either, looking like she is waiting for it to be curled. Plus her getting so defensive, I've fallen put of love of her.

I do wish Scarlett won this week. I think k she did better then Lemon. 

I need Priyanka to step it up! I don't need my fave to be eliminated ughhh

Finally  I think k that Canada's drag race has been keeping pace with how great its been like with UK drag race. I do however think we need some tweaks to the judges.

publikcitizen
1 hour ago, Yourfavefan said:

I think k that Canada's drag race has been keeping pace with how great its been like with UK drag race. I do however think we need some tweaks to the judges.

I think Stacey is fine. She’s the strongest of the three judges. Brooklyn is a hit or miss. I think she needs to try to drop the ru mannerism and be her own person on the panel and give better constructive criticisms. JBC can either go or fix his judging style by dropping the ru mannerism and improve his drag knowledge

4 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Priyanka is more like the Jackie Cox of CDR. The unfunny "campy" lipsync route every damn time :rip:

Except Priyanka oozes charisma and doesn't beat her heritage to the ground using white man's stereotypes about said culture. And her Celine lipsynch wasn't campy at all???

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Priyanka is more like the Jackie Cox of CDR. The unfunny "campy" lipsync route every damn time :rip:

Priyanka has lip synced twice and only one of them did she do a campy lip sync :rip:

I was team Jimbo all the way through until she attacked Rita like that. Seems she likes to chuck a tantrum when things don't go her way. Grow up :coffee2:

Despite that, Jimbo and Lemon were the only two that were even watchable in that terrible pageant. Jimbo didn't belong in the bottom two because of a bad runway. 

1 hour ago, Claymore said:

Except Priyanka oozes charisma and doesn't beat her heritage to the ground using white man's stereotypes about said culture. And her Celine lipsynch wasn't campy at all???

Agreed.

On the assumption there’ll be a second season does anyone think jbc will actually be asked back? Even if production tried to give him a redemption season surely the queens would have even less respect for his opinion the second time around, it might just make it even harder to take seriously.

39 minutes ago, JoeRobert said:

Agreed.

On the assumption there’ll be a second season does anyone think jbc will actually be asked back? Even if production tried to give him a redemption season surely the queens would have even less respect for his opinion the second time around, it might just make it even harder to take seriously.

They’ll probably replace him like Merl/Santino!

Brooke could get better for S2 and Stacey’s fine.

GlamourCadaver

Priyanka is not like ANY of the queens you clowns in here mentioned, but you all are similar in that you have very small reference pools :laugh: 

Jimbo & Priyanka are the only ones actually BRINGING it to this competition. Even Priyanka's flubs have been redeemed by her giving us the two best lip syncs of the season.

• ATRL Moderator

priyanka is a queen.  shes the effortless narrator of the season and has a lot of star power, shes sorta like a chi chi devasyne of the season. 

mxtthewdelrey
18 hours ago, FAN said:

Top 5 -

Rita: 3 wins, No B2

Lemon: 2 wins, 1 B2 

Jimbo: 1 win, No B2

Priyanka: 1 win, 2 B2

Scarlett: No win, no B2

3/5 never being in the bottom. Has that every happened before in a season? 

it's happened on Season 1, Season 12 and UK Season 1! It makes sense that it would happen on Season 1 of US, UK and Canada considering that they're shorter seasons. Interestingly, Sharon, Jaida, Yvie and Viv are the only regular season RPDR winners to have been in the bottom before Top 5. Alaska and Bebe both made Top 5 without being in the bottom twice. 

Season 1 - Bebe, Nina and Ongina

Season 2 - Tyra and Pandora

Season 3 - Raja

Season 4 - Chad and Latrice

Season 5 - Jinkx and Alaska

Season 6 - Bianca and Courtney

Season 7 - Violet

Season 8 - Bob and Kim

Season 9 - Sasha

Season 10 - Aquaria and Cracker

Season 11 - none

Season 12 - Crystal, Gigi and S*****

All Stars 2 - Alaska

All Stars 3 - Bebe

All Stars 4 - none

All Stars 5 - none (but would be Juju and Alexis without the dumb twist)

Thailand 1 - B Ella

Thailand 2 - Bandit

UK1 - Divina, Baga and Cheryl

Lemon, Pyrianka and Jimbo have been carrying the other girls in terms of charisma and star power. Even Lemon & Priyanka’s “bad” runways have still been better to watch than the others because of the way they work the runway. 

The producers are definitely setting Scarlett up for a challenge win with how many times it’s been mentioned in the last 2 episodes that she hasn’t won anything but had done really well the whole competition. 

5 hours ago, GlamourCadaver said:

Priyanka is not like ANY of the queens you clowns in here mentioned, but you all are similar in that you have very small reference pools :laugh: 

Jimbo & Priyanka are the only ones actually BRINGING it to this competition. Even Priyanka's flubs have been redeemed by her giving us the two best lip syncs of the season.

I mean I love Priyanka as the next person and before the most recent episode aired I wanted her to win, but now I don't know if i'd say she's necessarily been BRINGING it. She's served some great runways, funny werk room moments and good lip syncs, but she has been mediocre at best in almost all of the maxi challenges. Atm I would put her right behind Jimbo and Lemon (and Rigga based purely on track record), but I'm hoping she kills it over the next couple of weeks to secure a top 3 placement (and hopefully the crown).

brooklyndaddy

Jimbo is honestly the only deserving winner in my opinion, she should have 3 wins by now. 

Rita only deserved one win and should have been sent home early on, complete filler. Scarlett is decent but just doesn't really do anything interesting. Lemon is genuinely charismatic and talented but seems very unseasoned. Priyanka started off great but has been losing steam unfortunately. 

hétérosexuelle

What is Priyanka “BRINGING”?

Good lip-syncs? Sure, I’ll give her that

Looks? Hit-and-miss, never totally stands out bar the Celine Dion look

Comedy? Cringe, she has no understanding of comedy at all :clown: And she proved this over and over and OVER. Even Trixie was sometimes funny.

She is severely overrated by the fans at this point, even BOA was better in challenges. She is mediocre. Period.

Her confessionals are also predictable **** mimicking US DR, nothing original to say but “OH MY GOD, THE GIRLS ARE FIIIIIGHTING MAMA” 

Yawn :sleep:

7 hours ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Jimbo is honestly the only deserving winner in my opinion, she should have 3 wins by now. 

Rita only deserved one win and should have been sent home early on, complete filler. Scarlett is decent but just doesn't really do anything interesting. Lemon is genuinely charismatic and talented but seems very unseasoned. Priyanka started off great but has been losing steam unfortunately. 

tenor.gif