Canada's Drag Race Season 2 | New Panel of Judges

11 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Not you serving Chanel level of race issue with Lemon :skull:

Most of the fans don't even know she's friend with Jan and are judging her based on what they see on TV, which to be honest is a good looking young queen with a lot of raw talent and charisma, she just needs to improve on her make up and looks (just like Shangela did in S3, since you're pulling that comparison). I really couldn't give a sh*t about her when they did the cast reveal, but she's grown on me just by watching the episodes

Preach. :clap3:

Lemon's reading challenge and Snatch Game really made me love her. Hope she does well for the rest of the season.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jpow

• FAN

• hétérosexuelle

• genetic fail

brooklyndaddy

I pray Rita doesn't "win" another challenge. She's not a bad queen but she's total filler and lacks in wow factor (especially when it comes to the runway :rip:)

Rita and Ilona have no C.U.N.T imo :coffee2:

jimbo has all the requirements 

Priyanka has Charisma and Talent
Lemon has Charisma and Talent

Scarlet has Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent

my ranking of the current queens:

1. Jimbo

2. Scarlet

3. Priyanka

4. Lemon

5. Rita

6. Ilona

Period

1 hour ago, Bicassie said:

Rita and Ilona have no C.U.N.T imo :coffee2:

jimbo has all the requirements 

Priyanka has Charisma and Talent
Lemon has Charisma and Talent

Scarlet has Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent

my ranking of the current queens:

1. Jimbo

2. Scarlet

3. Priyanka

4. Lemon

5. Rita

6. Ilona

Period

You summed it up pretty well. Lemon would slay so hard on All Stars. 

GlamourCadaver
On 8/11/2020 at 4:43 AM, Hephaestus said:

Not you serving Chanel level of race issue with Lemon :skull:

Most of the fans don't even know she's friend with Jan and are judging her based on what they see on TV, which to be honest is a good looking young queen with a lot of raw talent and charisma, she just needs to improve on her make up and looks (just like Shangela did in S3, since you're pulling that comparison). I really couldn't give a sh*t about her when they did the cast reveal, but she's grown on me just by watching the episodes

Well for a show that eliminated all the Black queens in the first 5 episodes, and proceeded to push several overrated garbage white queens, this is, most certainly, a season of Drag Race. :dies:  Lemon wouldn't get away with half of what she has so far (particularly her actually abhorrent runways) if she wasn't thin, white, and pretty, in and out of drag.

Anyway, Priyanka for the win.

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, GlamourCadaver said:

Well for a show that eliminated all the Black queens in the first 5 episodes, and proceeded to push several overrated garbage white queens, this is, most certainly, a season of Drag Race. :dies:  Lemon wouldn't get away with half of what she has so far (particularly her actually abhorrent runways) if she wasn't thin, white, and pretty, in and out of drag.

They really are so bad, I don't get it :deadbanana2:

230?cb=20200709062247230?cb=20200722072303230?cb=20200729162750

230?cb=20200804210938230?cb=20200811222715

ReverseWarholian
On 8/10/2020 at 10:19 AM, jpow said:

No :rip: They gave her the bag of cheese curds and she pulled it out as a reveal.  It's not like she was holding that ziploc bag the entire time she was on the stage, it was just a cute little moment that reflects the style of drag that Rita does.

Y'all are doing too much on Rita.  She recently lost weight and now is wearing clothes that are shorter and tighter than what she used to wear because she has the body for it.  At least they are all mostly polished if uneventful.

This. I think she deserved her first two wins. She isn't a filler queen, nor in the very top either imo. I think she'll rank 3rd or 4th place. 

Edited by ReverseWarholian
4 hours ago, GlamourCadaver said:

Gurl, it's not RuPaul's Race Race. If a black or POC queen does bad, she'll be eliminated, point blank period. I get that the show is rigged and some queens are pushed further than others, but we had three POC winners in a row, so let's not act like POC people are a continuously mistreated and misrepresented niche in the show.

Lemon is being kept around because, no matter the ugly runways, she serves pure talent and charisma in the challenges. Can the same be said about the eliminated queens so far? I don't think :sorry:

this season is obviously rigged for Rita to win just like how they rigged Drag Race UK for The Vivienne...

Rita’s EP1 win already tells us enough...

gross....

Edited by Bicassie
Inner Insanity
6 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

this season is obviously rigged for Rita to win just like how they rigged Drag Race UK for The Vivienne...

Rita’s EP1 win already tells us enough...

gross....

Except Viv deserved all her wins unlike the other two in the final 3 with her. :fan: And she has the talent and star power to back it up. Something Rigga Baga Morris severely lacks. 

33 minutes ago, Inner Insanity said:

Except Viv deserved all her wins unlike the other two in the final 3 with her. :fan: And she has the talent and star power to back it up. Something Rigga Baga Morris severely lacks. 

The Vivienne did well on her own and most of her wins were deserved but let’s not act like her being the UK ambassador for Drag Race prior to the competition wasn’t her having a leg up on the others...Viv made it easy for production to paint her in the top spot on her season...it was still rigged!

Edited by Bicassie
1 hour ago, Bicassie said:

The Vivienne did well on her own and most of her wins were deserved but let’s not act like her being the UK ambassador for Drag Race prior to the competition wasn’t her having a leg up on the others...Viv made it easy for production to paint her in the top spot on her season...it was still rigged!

Mmm I’d have to disagree too, she was the strongest one there, I would’ve preferred to see Davina win as she was nicer but Viv was the strongest competitor.

8 minutes ago, JoeRobert said:

Mmm I’d have to disagree too, she was the strongest one there, I would’ve preferred to see Davina win as she was nicer but Viv was the strongest competitor.

I was team Divina all the way and I thoroughly believe that she was ROBBED and that Viv won cause of favoritism and riggory! 

period

Edited by Bicassie
4 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Gurl, it's not RuPaul's Race Race. If a black or POC queen does bad, she'll be eliminated, point blank period. I get that the show is rigged and some queens are pushed further than others, but we had three POC winners in a row, so let's not act like POC people are a continuously mistreated and misrepresented niche in the show.

Lemon is being kept around because, no matter the ugly runways, she serves pure talent and charisma in the challenges. Can the same be said about the eliminated queens so far? I don't think :sorry:

:clap3:

I'm not denying there is still a race problem with the show and particularly the fandom but I'm over every single little thing being made into a race war. I feel like lately every time a white queen (particularly a skinny, young one) does well on the show its reduced to racially-motivated riggory. Like yes there's been times where the skinny young queen does get pushed (Gigi for example)... but lets not pretend like there hasn't been any POC queens that have also been pushed further than they should in the competition (Silky and Vanjie for example), it happens on both ends and for differing reasons. 

Anyway I hate even preaching this kind of stuff because for many of us, we judge the show and queens purely on C.U.N.T, and we are in such a critical point in  society where we need to keep pushing and fighting to end for POC (particularly Black folk), to make radical and long-lasting change for future generations.  But this forum for many of us is a fun, light-hearted escape from the ****ed up **** going on around the world right now, and just exhausting and draining having to see the same sermon getting spewed everywhere on this site, and being made to feel bad or being called a racist for liking a queen based on her performance on (or off) the show. 

Anyway, Priyanka or Jimbo for the win :flower:

Edited by CroNich
GlamourCadaver
8 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

You still fail to see that queens of color are NEVER given second chances ("If they **** up, they go home, and it's deserved") but white queens can come out in GARBAGE and people will only focus on their redeeming qualities. :laugh: 

Anastarzia, Kiara, and Kyne were all robbed, and production instead chose to invest in Rita Baga & Lemon. This is a problem.

The bolded/underlined is actually trash. It happens, on all versions of this show, all the time. Stop denying it. 

1 hour ago, GlamourCadaver said:

You still fail to see that queens of color are NEVER given second chances ("If they **** up, they go home, and it's deserved") but white queens can come out in GARBAGE and people will only focus on their redeeming qualities. :laugh: 

Anastarzia, Kiara, and Kyne were all robbed, and production instead chose to invest in Rita Baga & Lemon. This is a problem.

The bolded/underlined is actually trash. It happens, on all versions of this show, all the time. Stop denying it. 

As expected, you extracted that sentence from the the bigger picture and distorted it to (try) to prove your point when, in the same breath, I pointed out that not one, not two, but THREE queens of color have won the show IN A ROW. Do you see people complain about white queens not being represented enough after three POC winners here (or anywhere else, for that matter)? And before you reveal your trap card "reverse racism doesn't exist" let me clarify that this is not reverse racism, people simply don't care about the nonsensical stuff SJWs like you write for woke points. They're here for the show and to have a good time and they'll support a queen, no matter the skin color, if they like her. That's how it works and it's really not that deep.

Going back to your post, Anastarzia, Kyne and (to a certain extent) Kiara all did poorly or were a sub par in the episodes they were on. None of them actually excelled in the challenges or the runways to a point they should have given them a second chance. The same can't be said for Rita or Lemon since they brought it at least in one of the two segments. Let's not forget that Drag Race mainly focuses on challenges and outfits are just something else they get to showcase, otherwise we'd have an ANTM or Project Runway copy. But I'm sure that if they'd slay the runway and do good in the challenges you'd still find something complain about.

Also, POC ARE GIVEN SECOND CHANCES and the fact you don't see it shows how blind and biased are towards them. Widow was given some chances because of her first episode performance even if she didn't perform very well after it, Heidi was given some chances because the judges saw something in her, Vanessa Vanjie was literally brought back and carried to the top 5, Silky was totally saved in her lip sync against Nina, Latrice had an entire episode dedicated to her (undeserved) come back on AS4, and the list goes on. So yes, POC queens get passes the same way white queens do.

People like you ruin the experience for everyone else with your continuous complaining about rAcisMé RAciSMé rACisMÉ and diminish real race related issues' impact when you're constantly pulling out the race card. Please stop, it's exhausting and we're sick and tired to have every single conversation turn into a race war just for the sake of it. As the great poet Alyssa Edwards once said:

SpotlessPastelHarlequinbug-size_restrict

6 hours ago, CroNich said:

I'm not denying there is still a race problem with the show and particularly the fandom but I'm over every single little thing being made into a race war. I feel like lately every time a white queen (particularly a skinny, young one) does well on the show its reduced to racially-motivated riggory. Like yes there's been times where the skinny young queen does get pushed (Gigi for example)... but lets not pretend like there hasn't been any POC queens that have also been pushed further than they should in the competition (Silky and Vanjie for example), it happens on both ends and for differing reasons. 

Anyway I hate even preaching this kind of stuff because for many of us, we judge the show and queens purely on C.U.N.T, and we are in such a critical point in  society where we need to keep pushing and fighting to end for POC (particularly Black folk), to make radical and long-lasting change for future generations.  But this forum for many of us is a fun, light-hearted escape from the ****ed up **** going on around the world right now, and just exhausting and draining having to see the same sermon getting spewed everywhere on this site, and being made to feel bad or being called a racist for liking a queen based on her performance on (or off) the show. 

Thank you, that's exactly my point too :flower:

GlamourCadaver
41 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

As expected, you extracted that sentence from the the bigger picture and distorted it to (try) to prove your point when, in the same breath, I pointed out that not one, not two, but THREE queens of color have won the show IN A ROW. Do you see people complain about white queens not being represented enough after three POC winners here (or anywhere else, for that matter)? And before you reveal your trap card "reverse racism doesn't exist" let me clarify that this is not reverse racism, people simply don't care about the nonsensical stuff SJWs like you write for woke points. They're here for the show and to have a good time and they'll support a queen, no matter the skin color, if they like her. That's how it works and it's really not that deep.

Going back to your post, Anastarzia, Kyne and (to a certain extent) Kiara all did poorly or were a sub par in the episodes they were on. None of them actually excelled in the challenges or the runways to a point they should have given them a second chance. The same can't be said for Rita or Lemon since they brought it at least in one of the two segments. Let's not forget that Drag Race mainly focuses on challenges and outfits are just something else they get to showcase, otherwise we'd have an ANTM or Project Runway copy. But I'm sure that if they'd slay the runway and do good in the challenges you'd still find something complain about.

Also, POC ARE GIVEN SECOND CHANCES and the fact you don't see it shows how blind and biased are towards them. Widow was given some chances because of her first episode performance even if she didn't perform very well after it, Heidi was given some chances because the judges saw something in her, Vanessa Vanjie was literally brought back and carried to the top 5, Silky was totally saved in her lip sync against Nina, Latrice had an entire episode dedicated to her (undeserved) come back on AS4, and the list goes on. So yes, POC queens get passes the same way white queens do.

People like you ruin the experience for everyone else with your continuous complaining about rAcisMé RAciSMé rACisMÉ and diminish real race related issues' impact when you're constantly pulling out the race card. Please stop, it's exhausting and we're sick and tired to have every single conversation turn into a race war just for the sake of it. As the great poet Alyssa Edwards once said:

SpotlessPastelHarlequinbug-size_restrict

Because crowning queens of color does not erase the very clear-cut patterns and history the show has with racial gaslighting, discrediting of queens of color (even on the same seasons where they crown one), and the way that VH1s greed has regularly led them to constantly changing the form and format of the show to cater to whoever has the biggest fanbase (which with the exceptions of seasons 11 & 12, have always been a white queen).

You resort to strawman arguments (no one would EVER claim that white queens are underrepresented or misrepresented by this show considering that they are almost always benefactors of producer manipulation). You cannot continue to claim that we must take race out of the equation when on the very season that crowned Jaida Essence Hall, they called a queen in a Black Panthers tribute costume "angry" and asked if an Iranian queen was supporting misogyny and homophobia because she wore a hijab.

Racism and the regular offenses this show makes (often in the name of the fanbase) is not just a matter of who wins and who doesn't, but even then, the show has awarded almost $1.2 million dollars to white queens when the total cash prizes still doesn't even add up to $2m.

Queens of color ARE given second chances, so my sweeping generalization that they are not was unfair, yes, but your refusal to acknowledge the way that they face much harsher criticism while queens like Brooke, Gigi, Sherry, Aiden, BOA, and Lemon are all saved from multiple times when they were absolute trash. Heidi being C.U.N.T. personified didn't save her from being in the bottom 4 times (even though only 2 were deserved, one of which was literally because of her runway, so they do matter more than you claim, but only when they say so). Kiara and Priyanka gave us the BEST lip sync of the season and it's reduced to "Well objectively one has to go home" when the show has no issue changing the rules to save white faves if they care to (as they did when they saved Eureka & Aquaria after both bombing a lip sync).

The show made a villain out of the first Black queen to talk about the racial dynamics of the show on camera, and you still act like these are minor incidents that aren't deserving of attention. The show has a responsibility to not continue this cycle. "Your complaints about racism are ruining my viewing experience!" Grow up.

Ironic, yet, that you ask me to stop talking about this when YOU brought ME up when another member was rightfully clocking the way that Lemon gets away with things because she's thin and white.

giphy.gif

Because crowning queens of color does not erase the very clear-cut patterns and history the show has with racial gaslighting, discrediting of queens of color (even on the same seasons where they crown one), and the way that VH1s greed has regularly led them to constantly changing the form and format of the show to cater to whoever has the biggest fanbase (which with the exceptions of seasons 11 & 12, have always been a white queen).

So what are the necessary steps to erase said history? They're clearly trying to make up for some mistakes of the past by giving POC queens more space and time to shine, if that's not enough to you maybe you should start a petition for a season of Drag Race with only POC as contestants.

You resort to strawman arguments (no one would EVER claim that white queens are underrepresented or misrepresented by this show considering that they are almost always benefactors of producer manipulation). You cannot continue to claim that we must take race out of the equation when on the very season that crowned Jaida Essence Hall, they called a queen in a Black Panthers tribute costume "angry" and asked if an Iranian queen was supporting misogyny and homophobia because she wore a hijab.

I'm not grasping at straws, I'm analyzing a behavior you tend to have on alleged race issues on Drag Race. You know what you wrote is not what was meant, don't try to twist the narrative in your favor. Yes, maybe the questions could've been asked in a better way and yes, maybe something didn't come out in the best way, but it's clear to me that there was no intention to demonize the queens for their outfits. If anything, they were trying to educate the viewers about those issues. It may have been a failed attempt, I can totally see and agree on that, but you immediately labeling it as racism is quite telling on the way you perceive things. The show is a platform for drag queens to succeed made by a black self-made drag queen, you need to take things a little more light-heartedly.

Racism and the regular offenses this show makes (often in the name of the fanbase) is not just a matter of who wins and who doesn't, but even then, the show has awarded almost $1.2 million dollars to white queens when the total cash prizes still doesn't even add up to $2m.

You thought you were smart by doing this? The first seasons had way lower budgets and prizes, if they had the same cash prize the situation would be different. Not extremely different, but different nonetheless. Oh, and the first three winners were POC too.

Queens of color ARE given second chances, so my sweeping generalization that they are not was unfair, yes, but your refusal to acknowledge the way that they face much harsher criticism while queens like Brooke, Gigi, Sherry, Aiden, BOA, and Lemon are all saved from multiple times when they were absolute trash. Heidi being C.U.N.T. personified didn't save her from being in the bottom 4 times (even though only 2 were deserved, one of which was literally because of her runway, so they do matter more than you claim, but only when they say so). Kiara and Priyanka gave us the BEST lip sync of the season and it's reduced to "Well objectively one has to go home" when the show has no issue changing the rules to save white faves if they care to (as they did when they saved Eureka & Aquaria after both bombing a lip sync).

Don't try to twist the narrative, hun. I answered with receipts to something you said and now you're deflecting on "harsher criticism". I get your point, I really do, but I don't feel the same way about it. I think Heidi and Widow's bottom placements were deserved because they clearly weren't bringing it, not on the challenge nor on the runway. Kiara VS Priyanka was a very good lip sync, but very one-sided; maybe they didn't have enough budget to save both queens (so one more episode to be produced), who knows. They saved both Heidi and Jackie though, which are definitely not white by USA standards. Aquaria VS Eureka, on the other hand, is a different situation since Eureka and Kameron were both saved once during S10, while Aquaria was not.

The show made a villain out of the first Black queen to talk about the racial dynamics of the show on camera, and you still act like these are minor incidents that aren't deserving of attention. The show has a responsibility to not continue this cycle. "Your complaints about racism are ruining my viewing experience!" Grow up.

The issue with The Vixen wasn't what she was trying to talk about, but they way she did it. She had an extremely bad attitude while trying to convey her message, that's why people didn't vibe with her. And yes, I stand by what I said: your continuous attempts to turn every discussion into a race issue are ruining other people and mine's experience of the show on this forum.

Ironic, yet, that you ask me to stop talking about this when YOU brought ME up when another member was rightfully clocking the way that Lemon gets away with things because she's thin and white.

I didn't @ nor quote you, it was just a light read using your usual attitude as a basis for comparison. Believe me, I have zero interest in entertaining a fight over the same arguments every time you join the discussion.

TheseDisastrousBufflehead-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Hephaestus