Canada's Drag Race Season 2 | MTQ (Premieres Oct. 14)

IlianVargas

11 hours ago, Bicassie said:

Rita was obviously the original winner but the public outrage and the quite obvious rigging/favoritism was too much for fans to embrace her as their winner...

So they chose the fans favorite queen instead who also had her bit of favoritism but less noticeable :mandown:

If they just gave Scarlett and Jimbo the same type of favoritism and rigging then we’d have a way more worthy winner right now :cries:

but Priyanka is ok I guess:celestial5:

the winner edit was obvious :fan: 

The show wasn't live though, there's no way production could have foreseen who was a "fan favourite", plus the show I believed filmed end of 2019/2020 (that's when Priyanka left her job in 2019 to film the show). 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FAN

• genetic fail

• khalyan

• hétérosexuelle

16 hours ago, Hector said:

I'm over the moon that Pyrianka won. She and Jimbo were the only winners I would have accepted this season, period. She looked absolutely stunning tonight paying tribute to her culture and she slayed the U Wear It Well performance.

Scarlett did the best You're A Superstar lipsync but she peaked way too late for me to accept her as a winner and thank goodness they didn't crown the payolaed and unremarkable Rita. Great finale.

Thisss! I didn't care about her until the lip sync, but it was too late.  She did amazing during that lip sync! (Doesn't beat Priyanka's Celine lip sync though). 

23 minutes ago, Feather said:

The show wasn't live though, there's no way production could have foreseen who was a "fan favourite", plus the show I believed filmed end of 2019/2020 (that's when Priyanka left her job in 2019 to film the show). 

assuming canada's drag race follows the template of US drag race (and since world of wonder producers all of them i would imagine it does), they film all of the top 3/4 crowned and decide which version to air later. the queens themselves don't know who won until it airs.

2 minutes ago, teresaguidice said:

assuming canada's drag race follows the template of US drag race (and since world of wonder producers all of them i would imagine it does), they film all of the top 3/4 crowned and decide which version to air later. the queens themselves don't know who won until it airs.

WTH?? They do that?? So they get everyone to act like if they won??? :rip:   

I never knew reality shows did that. Not even ANTM does that. 

Just now, Feather said:

yes, they've done that forever. they usually film the queens finding out they won by watching the finale as it aired:

so fan reaction definitely plays a part in who wins. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
13 minutes ago, Feather said:

It kinda started with spoilers leaking every single season since 3 and since this multi-million dollar production company still cant seem to keep spoilers under wraps, the multiple endings were born.

And now its just a convenient way for them to change who won based off fan response now. :rip:

1 hour ago, Feather said:

They filmed multiple crownings and they obviously looked online in the last few weeks to see if people were here for a Rita win. The fans were kinda rejecting her, so they then picked the fan’s favorite pick to win instead...they for sure changed their minds at the last minute cause of the public outrage.

but Priyanka also had her own rigging/favoritism 

1 hour ago, Feather said:

Lmao you didn’t know this? That’s why we had leaked pics of Shea, Cracker and Juju all winning AS5 before the finale aired :deadbanana:

Peiyanka is BLOWING up on social media today it’s crazy, she’s about to pass Jimbo as the most followed on the show. Fandom reaction to her winning has been great.

29 minutes ago, feuxtography said:

i wonder when JBC is going to come back to twitter. think he'll make a statement?

I'm not sure what is going to happen with JBC :deadbanana: He is mostly universally disliked but if they fire him it's kinda like they gave into the racist trolls.. But he truly was horrible as a judge. I feel the production will keep him just as a F U though . 

• #FreeBritney Activist
3 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

I’m still SCREAMING at how the producers lost this year. They way the fanbase said NO to their favorites (Gigi/Cracker/Rita) :ahh:

The way the public said NO to rigging :clap3: Hopefully S13, UK S2, and Holland S1 are judged fairly,  but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

What a great final episode! Priyanka is an AMAZING winner. Pri and RIta looked exquisite in their final looks. Bobo looked really basic, but she turned the performances. And the returning queens all mostly looked spectacular minus like, Kain.

16 hours ago, jpow said:

I mean Yvie had only one shared win and Sasha only had two shared wins. 

Except that Yvie and Sasha had 5 highs and 1 low each and Priyanka just 1 high. :mandown:

7 hours ago, FAN said:

So what’s the tea on Lemon? Is she actually in a throuple with Christian Berry and Connor MacKenzie or are they just joking? Oh what I would do to see the 3 of them...

I believe Lemon is just dating Christian. He and Connor are best friend. This is what I see from IG. Lemon and Christian seem to be more intimate in their words with each other whereas it’s not with Connor. 

9 hours ago, Feather said:

It all started when Perez Hilton leaked Raja winning DR. So starting with season 4, they filmed multiple endings to prevent spoilers of who wins. 

Watching it back, Priyanka did her thing, Scarlett had the best rumix outfit though

QUESTION !

who was the first ever queen to walk into Drag Race north of the scene?
QUESTION !

what was the name of the queen who went from Toronto to north supreme?

80Vlg5v.gif

$100,000 Canadian $ is ~$77,0000 USD 

Priyanka is going to have a great glowup. She’s going to look more refined and beautiful. 

Lemon will definitely have a glowup because of the  $5,000 ABH makeup prize she won. 

On 9/3/2020 at 10:24 PM, jpow said:

I can't wait to see Rita and Jimbo on an AS season! 

Girl, no. No one wants to see this. And after the backlash she's getting for undeserved wins, she probably regrets going on the show and won't come back for AS :rip:

On 9/4/2020 at 5:53 AM, HotFriedChicken said:

I don't understand what the point of having a final challenge, runway and lipsync is if the winner is clearly predetermined.

Scarlett was stunning on the runway while the other two looked a mess, she ATE that lipsync and stomped all over in the performance, yet for some reason the worst performing queen in the top 3 with no identifiable strengths gets the crown?

Did you even listen to the UWIW performance? :skull: I'm a prison abolitionist but Scarlett deserves JAIL for those lyrics :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4:

• ATRL Moderator
24 minutes ago, jgorny said:

$100,000 Canadian $ is ~$77,0000 USD 

Priyanka is going to have a great glowup. She’s going to look more refined and beautiful. 

Lemon will definitely have a glowup because of the  $5,000 ABH makeup prize she won. 

Canadians don't have to pay taxes on tv show winnings, so the $77k that Priyanka won is around the same of what US winners end up taking home.