Canada's Drag Race | Season 2 | Episode 2: Under the Big Top

IlianVargas

If Rita wins she's gonna be the winner with the worst runway performance of all time. Even winners who weren't look queens on their season at all like Jinkx, Bob and Bianca did much better than this mess. They were also much stronger in other areas. 

I really don't hate Rita but she's just not a winner to me.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FAN

• genetic fail

• khalyan

• hétérosexuelle

Has Scar gone in the bottom instead of Lemon then Lemon would have potentially had the best overall run and could have made the most sense as the winner but now we have Scar with no bottoms but only one win, and then Rita and Priyanka with 2 bottoms each when no winner in drag race history has ever been in the bottom twice but they both have more wins. 

i think they'll give it to priyanka since she's the last fan favorite left on the show. people respond well to scarlett bobo as well but i'm not seeing the same enthusiasm towards her.

9 hours ago, .Chad. said:

Lots of complaining, but as far as the last few episodes go, everything went p much how it should.

Lemon was way too unpolished to make it any further. Had she been safe last week, she would have been cut this week. The praise that's heaped upon her by fans is only because she's a white twink.

Jimbo IS the star of the season. She was robbed of like 4 wins. The first makeover, the denim runway, the paper dress & the refugee makeover challenges all belonged to her. Anytime Rita won, Jimbo deserved. However, she definitely tanked when it mattered most.

Priyanka is great but too messy for a crown.

Scarlett had kind of a Naomi Smalls run. Slow start, never bad enough to go home, picked up steam at the end. But has no chance of winning.

I guess Rita wins by default?

i do not care for lemon in the slightest but dismissing her talent just because she is "a white twink" is not okay. she has performed quite well, she has great presence and she is actually quite creative and funny. she did well on the acting challenge and all the improv challenges. she was a stand out in a lot of mini challenges like the reading challenge and the puppet. so yeah, her whiteness might not be the reason the viewers supported her. the only area she truly lacked in was the runway.

Edited by Hakunt

20 minutes ago, LuLuDrops said:

Imagine if the Canadian partners are reconsidering having a season 2 :rip:

Well, Drag Race UK S2 is still coming out at the end of the year and they only finished half if it when the pandemic started :rip:

We need less payolaed runs like Rita & Gigi if they're going to consider a Canadian S2.

15 minutes ago, Hector said:

Well, Drag Race UK S2 is still coming out at the end of the year and they only finished half if it when the pandemic started :rip:

We need less payolaed runs like Rita & Gigi if they're going to consider a Canadian S2.

Sherry’s dirty laundry and Corona forcing home performances throwing a wrench in the production’s crowning plans :rip:

If Rita at least listened to some basic critiques (padding) but girl :rip:

Jimbo's entrance was iconic.

Jimbo's exit was iconic.

Can't defend that lipsync. It was awful.

After being clocked for having zero personality in the puppet challenge, this week poor Rita finally gets clocked for her body proportions and she is the one who won both design challenges.

a8ed6e04d6a9c8510c91b745ec45c13d.10.-Pri

But I have to say I was too harsh on her and she doesn't deserve the hate she is getting from me or anyone else. The production should be punished for pushing her this far and boosting her ego while she is being medicore at her best.

I don't know who should win between Priyanka and Scarlett. Scarlett was more consistent and served some polished looks and Priyanka has charisma and great tv presence.

One thing is for sure - whoever wins this season can help The Vivienne a bit in exchange for some tips.

A lot of the problems Canada Drag Race is having can be fixed if they adopted some of the stuff from Drag Race Thailand. For example, have the judges just be Brooke and Stacey ala Art and Pangina. Drop JBC and guest host format, just have two guest judges each week who will contribute to the scoring of contestants. And stop acting like Rupaul! It’s hurting the show. Another fix they can adopt from Thailand is make the runway its own challenge so that way in each episode a contestant will have a chance to win a mini, maxi, and runway challenge. I think this would address the issue we’ve been having with how a contestant can do well in the maxi challenge but gets eliminated because of a poor runway (ie Lemon). So a runway challenge can be factored into the scoring and make the judging/elimination more fair. Everyone should watch season 2 of DR Thailand on WoW present plus if you wanna see what I’m talking about. 

Priyanka is my fave and I'm so happy she's made it to the top, but Rita is objectively the winner this season. She'd be the greatest representive for Canada's Drag Race & she's multifaceted. 

Don't understand the criticism of her "lacking personality", she's been unconventional, charismatic and hilarious all season. 

Jimbo's questionable treatment this season will only serve to increase her fan support, so she's going to come out of this a winner in her own right anyway. Also, that exit was a MOMENT.

Scarlett has had such a unique run, having never been in the bottom. Happy for her & she deserved the ball win, every look she served was great. That money pant suit was a total "shoot". 

I love this entire cast so much, that I'm not even mad at whomever ends up snatching the crown. 

Scarlett deserves to win imo. Not only has she never been bottom, she’s never been low, and she’s been high in a lot of week. I actually love Priyanka too tho, so I’d be fine with her, but she deserved bottom this week as well. 

If Scarlett wins, she’ll be the only winner besides Bianca who never ended up low/bottom! :clap3: 

I’m still sad about Jimbo. Even if he’s brought to US All Stars, I feel like he’ll just be mistreated again for not being a super popular US queen. 

Also what is with the Lemon slander? Lemon was good! Say what you want, but Lemon SAVED Not Sorry Aboot It. I don’t think she necessarily deserved top 3 over Pri/Bono/Jimbo, but I did think Lemon was better than Rita.

Love Jimbo to death, but she did deserve bottom this episode and lost the lipsync, so she kind of had to go.

I just don't get how Priyanka escaped the bottom... Her 2nd look wasn't as great as they made it out to be and the 3rd one was HORRID :doc: 

Rita was worse in the first category than her, but she was a lot better in 2nd and 3rd (especially 3rd, which should matter most).

I honestly don't know who I want to win...

Though she did have some payola, I think Rita still deserves the crown. I know the fanbase loves Priyanka, so they will probably pick her, but I don't get what the hype is about. Scarlett is my fave in the top3, but her winning would just be weird. I think she would still be more deserving than Pri, but the fans would destroy her, so let's not have that happen.

• ATRL Moderator

Lemon is still trash that deserved to go home first :alexz3:

Jimbo will demolish an AS competition.  She's the most popular queen from this season of CDR and started off with nobody knowing who she was.  She excels in acting challenges, Snatch Game, and does well enough in design challenges that I don't see anything really stopping her unless they pull some messy production stunts.

Priyanka is obviously the winner at this point. 

I kinda want Rita to win just so we can get Priyanka on an All Star season. She’s only been doing drag for what, like 2 years? It would be interesting to see how much she’ll grow in a few years.

Do we really take Bobo's safe track record as a consideration when she should of been in the bottom multiple times? She definitely has the best drag out of the girls but her performances have been very lack luster.

I don’t really want Rita to win but it feels weird having Priyanka win and Scarlett winning would be a joke. They should have just given jimbo another win and she would be the obvious pick :rip: 

I will never understand the obsession with Lemon. Honestly I feel like she lost her first lipsync (her movements felt a second or two behind, a little lazy) and the only time she gagged me was against Rita when she did that split. The definition of a somewhat talented white girl that the fan base overhypes into their new pariah when other queens have done what she’s done 100x better (on her own season at that). She’s cute tho I guess 

:dies: the way they threw Scarlett this undeserved win. Her first look wasn't even the category and the last one was worse than Priyanka's tbh. :toofunny2:

Given the edit, it's pretty obvious the Priyanka will win. :michael: even when she bombed (like in snatch game) the way the edited her as the underdog and the lipsync "epic" like Brooke vs Yvie's snatch game lipsync. 

On 8/28/2020 at 11:24 AM, Anthurium said:

WOW Instagram

Priyanka : 6.5k

Rita : 3k

Scarlett : 3.9k

The fanbase wants Priyanka to win (and rightfully so).

Update 

Priyanka : 15k (+8.5k)

Rita : 6.9k (+3.9k)

Scarlett : 9.6k (+5.7k)

Yeah, Priyanka's winning.

23 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

an AS season for CDR and DRUK could happen in probably next three years or so, so I need the cross over all stars now!

I’d prefer for each franchise to have their own All Stars....if they even last a few seasons  :coffee2:

2 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

I’d prefer for each franchise to have their own All Stars....if they even last a few seasons  :coffee2:

i much preferred that too, but i'm worried most won't get renewed :skull: 

17 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

i much preferred that too, but i'm worried most won't get renewed :skull: 

If they dont last...then they could do a special edition of an All Stars