• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jpow

• FAN

• hétérosexuelle

• genetic fail

1 hour ago, JoeRobert said:

I think next season Jeffrey needs to be gone and they bring on two new judges...the more of them there are the higher chance we might have some organic banter and chemistry on the panel maybe!

i know some are saying it’s racism making people hate Jeffrey more than Brook but honestly I think he’s been meaner and more than anything I’d completely unqualified to be a judge, at least break knows what it takes and is in the industry of drag...that said no one deserves such a landslide of hate...keep it to petty forums like here!

It’s a shame Jimbo went home but the insta numbers speak for themselves, he’s the real winner of the season.

Yea I don’t think it’s racism. If anything it’s internalized homophobia because he just comes across as that typical annoying gay and I think that’s why I can’t stand him. :deadbanana:

I finally watched the episode in full and the Scarlett win was deserved imo.

That lipsync was lowkey one of the worst of the season :rip: Jimbo constantly putting her headpiece back in place bothered me so much but she would've gone home anyway with Rita against her.

The 'Nope, doesn't make it better' of Michelle at Priyanka's Ice Queen Eleganza, I hollered :bibliahh:

I also didn't expect them to do the portrait thing this episode, I thought they would keep it for the finale.

Can't wait to see Priyanka demolish the U Wear It Well remix next week :jonny6:

I am absolutely livid at the result. Jimbo should be top 3 and even the way she exited that runway proved that. Jimbo's looks were great and she was robbed of so many wins that went to Rigga this season and the agenda the judges had against her would always prove to be a tough obstacle to get over.   It doesn't feel like Scarlett should be in the top 3 at all despite the judges finally justifying a reason for her to be there.

I am 1000% team Pyrianka for the win,  she is EVERYTHING! And even though Rita is unremarkable, she ate that lipsync compared to Jimbo. 

During the lip-sync, I felt like the giant crown you were wearing was a hindrance. Why didn’t you just throw it off? Was the wig attached or something?

Yes. The the wig and the crown are one piece. So I was not anticipating lip-syncing, and my dress was too long. I had run out of time to hem it. My boots were sticking to the dress, and my crown was too heavy. It was probably the most on un-ideal, cumbersome thing, during the most important moment of my life. I really wish that I could throw it off. … I know I don’t like as a viewer and as a drag queen watching the queen fall apart on stage, so shoes was coming off or the hair coming up and, you know, they can be moments where it’s powerful, but in the end it looks very sloppy to me. So it was really important for me to keep my dignity and keep my hair on and the illusion alive, even though I may have been able to move better with no hair on.

I think you made the right decision. I don’t like when the queen takes off her wig and there’s no wig underneath.

Yeah, I just don’t like it.

One thing I keep seeing online is that fans being like, “Jimbo was robbed on this, robbed on that.” Is there a specific challenge that you think that you’re like, “Yeah, I was robbed”?

The denim challenge. I was 100% robbed, and the makeover challenge, I was 100% robbed. But I mean… What can you say? Everyone has their own opinion, and I went there to win. And so all of the looks I brought, all the intention that I had brought, the way I conducted myself—that was all with the intention to win. In not winning, I, as you know, that’s not part of my fantasy, that wasn’t part of my intention. For the denim challenge, I had come up with that concept. I brought the costume that basically wrote the whole thing and directed the whole thing. And then I presented in the most denim, the most legendary look, and to not be seen was disappointing, especially given [the judges’] critiques were so positive. I was really confused about how that occurred, but that’s just the way the cookie crumbles. And I’m so proud of myself. I’m so proud of the art that I’ve displayed in the level to which I displayed it. So… “robbed,” I guess I don’t really know if I’d say I was robbed. But I wish that had gone differently in many different ways.

Jimbo spilling nothing but facts :clap3:

And also kinda confirming that the producers tell Jeffrey what to say :mandown:

Spoiler

I was wondering, have you heard from Jeffery Bowyer-Chapman after your read of his… well, ability to read? Did he look up “glamour” in the dictionary?

I wrote to him right after to apologize and just say of course I love him. I was exhausted. And, you know, it didn’t really come out… My frustration doesn’t come out in the best way. So I wrote that, and I just wanted to let him know that I love him, I respect him, and I was sorry for being a little bitch. But sometimes you just gotta be a bitch, so like, what can you say?

And did he accept the apology?

Oh yeah. He wrote back and said, “James, I’m the biggest Jimbo fan. I love you so much. You are so inspiring. You were a joy to watch.” And he sent only love. And he said, “Of course I know the pressures you were under, and I don’t take any of it too serious or too personally.” We all just laughed about it.

http://www.newnownext.com/jimbo-canadas-drag-race/08/2020/

• #FreeBritney Activist

This is season is probably the worst thing associated to RuPaul's Drag Race, what a **** show

4 hours ago, FAN said:

Yea I don’t think it’s racism. If anything it’s internalized homophobia because he just comes across as that typical annoying gay and I think that’s why I can’t stand him. :deadbanana:

With bad makeup.

feelslikeadream

This is the weakest top 3 in Drag Race history, yes? I'm rooting for Priyanka, but compared to US winners, she's really not a super strong or polished queen :rip:

18 hours ago, Cheers said:

All of Scarlett's looks were basic so wtf were the judges thinking?

They basically confirmed they only care about the 3rd look by giving her the win :skull: That executive look did NOT fit the challenge (it would be cute for a paper-themed runway) and the second look was a bodysuit :skull:

16 hours ago, FAN said:

I will never get over it not being a Priyanka/Lemon/Jimbo finale. 

Imagine these three doing the final challenge together :jonny5: I'm already bored by Bobo's and Rita's verses and haven't heard them yet.

Divina De Campo (second place on Drag Race UK) dragged Rita & the judging for filth :ahh:

Speaking on FUBAR Radio tonight (August 27), she said: "Some of the judging has just been really off. It’s just not been good.

"I mean I love Rita Baga but that blue monstrosity that she had on in the first week that looked like a sack of potatoes, and they said, ‘oh it’s real couture, it’s so fitted and glamorous’. What?! It’s not even hemmed! It doesn’t even have a hem on it! It’s awful!"

Speaking further about the quality of judging, she said: "I do think some of it’s been really off... it’s not been that helpful. It’s a bit more similar to how the judging was in series one of Drag Race US. There were some critiques that weren’t necessary."

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a33822917/drag-race-uk-divina-de-campo-canada-drag-race-judging/

Lots of complaining, but as far as the last few episodes go, everything went p much how it should.

Lemon was way too unpolished to make it any further. Had she been safe last week, she would have been cut this week. The praise that's heaped upon her by fans is only because she's a white twink.

Jimbo IS the star of the season. She was robbed of like 4 wins. The first makeover, the denim runway, the paper dress & the refugee makeover challenges all belonged to her. Anytime Rita won, Jimbo deserved. However, she definitely tanked when it mattered most.

Priyanka is great but too messy for a crown.

Scarlett had kind of a Naomi Smalls run. Slow start, never bad enough to go home, picked up steam at the end. But has no chance of winning.

I guess Rita wins by default?

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

This is the weakest top 3 in Drag Race history, yes?

Not at all.

S4, S8 (minus Bob), S10, S11 <<<<

IMO Priyanka and Rita were the bottoms last night.

Priyanka’s first and last outfits were a mess. Especially the last one. The epitome of last minute craft store product :rip: 

Rita’s first one was cute but basic. The second was ugly. The third, while good, was a worse version of Jimbo’s. 

Scarlett was the clear winner, but none of Jimbo’s outfits were worse than Priyanka’s and Rita’s for the respective categories.

Jimbo flopped the lip sync though obviously. At least we got possibly the best exit of all of Drag Race though. 

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

IMO Priyanka and Rita were the bottoms last night.

Priyanka’s first and last outfits were a mess. Especially the last one. The epitome of last minute craft store product :rip: 

Rita’s first one was cute but basic. The second was ugly. The third, while good, was a worse version of Jimbo’s. 

Scarlett was the clear winner, but none of Jimbo’s outfits were worse than Priyanka’s and Rita’s for the respective categories.

Jimbo flopped the lip sync though obviously. At least we got possibly the best exit of all of Drag Race though. 

i loved priaynka's first look!!!!! i saw the spoiled screencaps and it looked horrible, but in motion it made sense.  that beig said, the final look (aka the most important one, th eone that they made....) hers was the worst by FAR.  imo, if they wanted to put jimbo in the bottom for her walk/holding her hair up, fine, but then dont spend time saying rita/priyanka also had a hard time walking in theirs, it makes their critique of jimbo less strong, you know?

oh well, she will be the robbed queen and go on

tbh, this season has had REALLY strong challenge ideas and a great cast, but the judging is so bad :dies: 

Wow just finished watching the last ep. So Rita is def getting the crown ala Drag Race UK. I should be surprised but I'm not 

20 hours ago, Madame X said:

Ok I mean we saw jimbo walk the runway and on the rap challenge.  We all knew she would be toast if she was in the bottom 2.  At least she got a couple funny moves in but yeah the elimination was fair for the b2 

As the biggest Jimbo fan, I agree with this. I'm glad she had the headpiece excuse, because I know she is not a good performer for that kind of songs and would've lost regardless.

Still, is a bummer that she lost the crown for that, when we have great winners like Bianca that can't lipsync to ANYTHING lol Jimbo is very well-rounded, she can have a weakness there and still be a legendary winner.

I think I'm satisfied with the outcome, because depending on how long the series last Jimbo is gonna go down as a bonafide star. She definitely flopped where it mattered most, and while Rita's looks were a lot worst... Jimbo pulled a Charlie Hides with that lip sync. :skull: 

Of the three I guess I hope Priyanka wins..? Rita I'd be okay with, and even Scarlett wouldn't be a horrible winner given her consistency and underdog arc.

Gutted Jimbo is not top 3 but... she was the worst by FAR this week. 3 hideous looks and her makeup was cruunchy. Overall though it was a weak ball, I hated so many of the looks

GlamourCadaver

Jimbo truly gave us the best exit of all time :jonny: 

Her collapsing on the stage, crawling away, saying "**** you" to Brooke, serving a little actual emotion in the exit interview, then the hysterics of the lip stick and cackling...

Honestly, seeing the screenshots and knowing the results prior, I expected it to be a bit more sinister; I thought Michelle would drag Jimbo more (but Priyanka seemed to be the target of her critiques).