Canada's Drag Race | Season 2 Coming Soon

50 minutes ago, GlamourCadaver said:

You are willfully blind.

Girl... if the shows treatment of BIPOC queens bothers you THAT much just stop watching. The fact you clearly continue to support the show (since you are still always posting in these threads) makes me question the legitimacy and sincerity of your arguments.

It really just comes across like you are trying to make yourself feel/look better by tearing other people down in the name of white guilt or SJWdom. The vast majority of the people on this forum are perfectly capable of having objective discussions RE the show and the queens regardless of race, nationality etc. If you really care about race issues please shut the **** up and go outside into the real world and actually help fight the good fight, and stop wasting everyone's time (including yours) on an "issue'" that in the scheme of things (aka the systematic racism thats literally resulting in the deaths and imprisonment of BIPOC folk worldwide ) isn't that serious. 

CoolPolishedFrenchbulldog-small.gif

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jpow

• FAN

• hétérosexuelle

• genetic fail

GlamourCadaver
1 hour ago, CroNich said:

Girl... if the shows treatment of BIPOC queens bothers you THAT much just stop watching. The fact you clearly continue to support the show (since you are still always posting in these threads) makes me question the legitimacy and sincerity of your arguments.

It really just comes across like you are trying to make yourself feel/look better by tearing other people down in the name of white guilt or SJWdom. The vast majority of the people on this forum are perfectly capable of having objective discussions RE the show and the queens regardless of race, nationality etc. If you really care about race issues please shut the **** up and go outside into the real world and actually help fight the good fight, and stop wasting everyone's time (including yours) on an "issue'" that in the scheme of things (aka the systematic racism thats literally resulting in the deaths and imprisonment of BIPOC folk worldwide ) isn't that serious. 

CoolPolishedFrenchbulldog-small.gif

We're literally in the Drag Race thread, it's relevant to the show, and I'm directly responding to people that are claiming that racism isn't an issue within it. I wasn't even the member to first start talking about race in this discussion. :rip: The myopic views in here that also fail to think that we can be concerned with this, AND with issues outside of this show at the same time, is just as concerning. All this came up to defend Lemon, and that is something that does not happen for queens of color.

Lucid Dreaming

I'm 5 episodes in and i'm really enjoying this season.

The critiques are...choices, to say the least. BOA should have lipsynced at least 4/5 episodes and i think i'm being nice:rip:

I feel like they were too harsh on Tynomi (while giving other girls several passes); she only deserved to lipsync on E2. The other two episodes she was on the safe part IMO.

2 hours ago, GlamourCadaver said:

We're literally in the Drag Race thread, it's relevant to the show, and I'm directly responding to people that are claiming that racism isn't an issue within it. I wasn't even the member to first start talking about race in this discussion. :rip: The myopic views in here that also fail to think that we can be concerned with this, AND with issues outside of this show at the same time, is just as concerning. All this came up to defend Lemon, and that is something that does not happen for queens of color.

tenor.gif?itemid=7954085

I don't think anyone is flat-out denying that racism isn't an issue in the fandom. Racism is a huge issue everywhere, so of course its going to be reflected in the RPDR universe as well - people are just tired of every single ****ing opinion and preference being made about race when that is simply not the case. The Lemon praise in this thread is warranted given that she has a likeable personality and is performing well in most of the challenges. You are the one coming in here perpetuating the idea that people are praising Lemon purely because she is a pretty, white queen. There have been plenty of praise for multiple POC queens on this season throughout this thread including Priyanka, Anastaszia and Kiara, all which are totally warranted as well. This is a killer cast with amazing personalities and enormous talent. Please can we just enjoy this season without being shamed for liking certain queens and disliking others, and save these important conversations for when racial bias is actually at play (e.g. Eureka/The Vixen, Shangela being robbed etc.)  

Edited by CroNich
brooklyndaddy

They're really milking this Scarlett being safe narrative, huh? Lemon did great but Jimbo deserved to win based on the challenge alone. Her runway wasn't even that bad. She could have been more synched but it wasn't a huge deal imo... lemon literally had no shape to her either 

GlamourCadaver

This challenge was actually kinda great, but I was mad there wasn't an ending reaction shot of all the girls :rip: Lemon & Jimbo were hysterical.

• ATRL Moderator

The judging was so hilarious bad tonight.  They said Jimbo was the best in the challenge, Rita was the best runway, and Scarlett was the best overall.   But then Lemon won?! :rip:  

I really like Ilona but it was her time to leave the competition.  I hope Priyanka can recover for next week!

I was LIVING for the way Jimbo read JBC in Untucked, saying everything we’ve been thinking this whole competition 

GlamourCadaver

Rita had an amazing runway, but she bombed the challenge, and was saved from the bottom, again. Jimbo should've won; Lemon was appropriate, though. Scarlett was horrible in the challenge and her runway was cute in concept (and in some places), but overall, not convincingly glamorous or in-character. It was Ilona's time, and Priyanka gave us another amazing lip sync.

Another week of Jimbo getting robbed. I liked her runway and I thought that she did great in the challenge. Lemon did a good job as well. Bobo’s reaction to her being safe again gave me Jan finding out she’s safe again look realness.

It was Ilona’s time. Super talented 

Jimbo SPILLING like that :ahh:

This show needs judges that know what the **** they're talking about. Brooke going off on Jimbo's look like she isn't gonna look like **** next episode :dies:

There was also nothing wrong with her hair. I hate the way the judging ruins this season.

Jimbo had me in TEARS the entire episode. Miss Behavin' was AMAZING! When she read Rita to ****ing filth omfg :ahh: I couldn't stop cackling. "It looks like a grandma threw your wig in a toilet" bitchhhh :ahh: :ahh: HOWWWWWWW did it even make sense for her to be bottom 3?!?!? Like... WHAT?! Jimbo stays being robbed because Drag Race never planned for her to make it far and it's obvi.

Limon winning... ummm.... girl? How? The runways was shapeless as always. Compared to the other girls, she looked terrible. She should have been a cute safe. She wasn't even that funny? Should have at least given Scarlet the win who had a better runway AND pageant than her. She's such a kiss ass so it's no wonder she's still in the competition.

How was Rita in the top when they dragged her pageant? Make it make sense

If Lemon had better runways I'd almost stan. The way she has 100x more personality than Priyanka and Rita and they're supposed to be professionals :skull:

• ATRL Moderator

I thought that scarlet was kinda awful in the challenge tbh....

jimbo robbed, again.  They didn’t get her runway at all 

The fact that Jimbo didn't win this week was CRIMINAL... and Scarlett was awful in the challenge, I dont get they were hyping her up for the win. Imo:

Challenge:

1. Jimbo

2. Lemon

3. Rita 

4. Scarlett 

5. Priyanka

6. Ilona (annoying cause Miss Erible could of been so funny if she made it more subtle ala April in Parks and Rec) 

Runway: 

1. Scarlett 

2. Priyanka 

3. Rita 

4. Jimbo

5. Lemon

6. Ilona 

brooklyndaddy
7 minutes ago, Iceland said:

Lemon robbed again...

it’s clear that the production has already a winner.

And it's so weird because Rita literally screams filler. Maybe there's something that's not being carried across on a screen that does live? I really don't know. Honestly, I'm not sure who is most fit to win. In a perfect world, Jimbo would have her deserved 3 wins by now and would be the frontrunner. Priyanka has been losing steam, they seem to really not be having Scarlett for some reason (though she's not amazing she is a strong competitor and could easily have been given a couple wins. And there is NO way that Lemon is going anywhere near the crown :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

I could see Rita being a good host and putting on a good live show.  And at least this week she looked AMAZING.  Jimbos  drags were iconic but I actually liked her hair lol.  

I think they really just expected a milk type run for jimbo but she was slaying things left to right