justjess

'Inuyasha' Spin-off [TRAILER RELEASED, OUT OCT 3RD]

justjess
Posted (edited)

Quick synopsis: 

Spoiler

VIZ Media announced that Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon, a sequel to the beloved InuYasha anime/manga series, is in development. The series focuses on twin demons Towa and Setsuna, the daughters of Inuyasha's brother Sesshomaru.

The twins are separated from each other during a forest fire, and Towa wanders into a mysterious tunnel that takes her to present-day Japan. Towa is then raised by Kagome Higurashi's brother Sota. Ten years later, Towa reunites with Setsuna, who has no memories of her sister and has become a demon slayer. The two are joined by Moroha, the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome. They travel between past and present to unravel the mystery of why the tunnel has reopened, while Towa and Setsuna struggle to reconnect.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr.com/viz-media-yashahime-princess-half-demon-anime/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr.com/viz-media-yashahime-princess-half-demon-anime/amp/

So what do you guys think? I cried upon reading this news. "Inuyasha' was my first anime as a child growing up...so you know I'm gonna follow this like a b*tch. Omg :cries::jonny2:

Edited by justjess

Von

Sounds like fan fiction :noparty: I’ll check it out but I think everyone would prefer the OG cast

justjess
3 minutes ago, Von said:

Sounds like fan fiction :noparty: I’ll check it out but I think everyone would prefer the OG cast

It does. I don't blame you for thinking that. But supposedly they have the composer from the original series (Kaoru Wada) coming back so if they can get the original cast to return it might just be able to capture the same magic the original series had. :jonny6:

Starshine
Posted (edited)

:jonny:

Bleach, Death Note, and now Inuyasha coming.

Edited by Starshine

grAntVRIL

Yasssss :gaycat4:

IBeMe
19 minutes ago, Jay-Zicario said:

Since you give it points during the Anime Rate I guess, I can tag you here :flower:

thank you for letting me know :jonny: I am in SHOCK! If they ever do it they gotta do it well...I'm literally almosti n tears just at the thought of a continuation of my favorite anime ever. I did not read the collapsed part though because I dont even want to know a slight premise. I want to be surprised. If they do come back I really need the ppl who did the original soundtrack to come back as well as the original voice actors (at least for most of the cast...especially Kikyo's amazing voice actress) :'( 

justjess

These are the original staff/production members returning (supposedly): 

Director: Teruo Sato

Screenplay: Katsuyuki Sumisawa

Supervisor: Rumiko Takahashi

Animation Director: Yoshihito Hishinuma

Music: Kaoru Wada

Studio: SUNRISE

I think we're in for a treat. Bless Takahashi-san :sosad:

Dessy

Perched for this :clap3: 

ChatshireCat

Sesshomaru better have not ****ed Rin is2g

TheArgonaut
55 minutes ago, Starshine said:

BLEACH WHERE????? 
:jonny6:

marsblyr

Omgggg yes bitch

ChatshireCat

WAIT ARE THEY DEAD???

AbeHicks
1 hour ago, Starshine said:

What? Death note is coming  back? :eek:

Winnie.
3 hours ago, ChatshireCat said:

My first thought, that pairing is so disgusting and I’ll literally implode if they make it canon 

Vitaly

I am half excited and half apprehensive. Boruto traumatize me that much. It is so baaaaadd! :(

I hope this one is much better than that one, and not just a cash grab. 

Starshine
4 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

What? Death note is coming  back? :eek:

Just a new chapter is releasing with a brand new main character. 

Eternium

I have been following this since they first announced it. Inuyasha deserves a resurgence so bad. My favorite anime ever :jonny5: 

Vrx.

ONG WHAT BIIIIIIIITCH

IAM SHOOK

Harranger

Does this mean Sesshomaru has a wife? Rin? :o

justjess
4 hours ago, Winnie. said:

My first thought, that pairing is so disgusting and I’ll literally implode if they make it canon 

That's the one thing I'm apprehensive about. :deadbanana4: I always saw them as father/daughter, not anything else.....

dirrtydiana
9 hours ago, Jay-Zicario said:

Since you give it points during the Anime Rate I guess, I can tag you here :flower:

Thank you for letting me know!

it sounds more like a spin off than a sequel but I’m surprised and excited nonetheless! :duca:

Venice B
10 hours ago, Jay-Zicario said:

Thanks for tagging me, this is really big news :eek:

10 hours ago, ChatshireCat said:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!

I've always given the writers the benefit of the doubt about this duo because I really wanted to believe they didn't have any intentions to make them get into a romantic relationship so if I find out they have children together I- :psyduck:

justjess

I really hope we see InuKag at some point and that we're provided an explanation as to what happened to them. Otherwise I'll be devastated. :jonny2: