TMZ

Olivia O’Brien - “Josslyn”

itsmee
1 minute ago, dangerousalex said:

No one identifies her a singer because no one knows her in the music industry and that is not her fault :rip: go blame Island Records for not pushing her and getting her more established, not her hanging out with her Instagram friends because it seems that’s the only type of promotion she gets 

yeah it's her fault , her career her responsibility 

no one knows her because instead of showing her personality and create a brand for herself on social media she is out there acting like all the other insta thots

this might be a stupid comparation but Billie at one point was in the same position as her, a young unknown singer having a hit while no one knew who she was (ocean eyes) 

billie than kept on releasing music, building a fanbase, and creating a brand and reputation for herself and from than it was like snowball effect 

Olivia went the opposite direction she took the blueprint of instagram models and started acting looking dressing and talking like them nothing stood out about her and that's why no one knows who she is 

she also doesn't interact or care about her fans which is like shooting herself in the foot

again instead of focusing on her career and building a brand she is out there getting with internet f* boys than writing songs about them and at the end of the day it doesn't even help that much because she just fades into the background

I mean she got involved with Loogan Paul, that tells me all I need to know because no person who is taking her career seriously or takes care of their reputation would even entertain a guy like him, she not only did but also wrote a song about it and to let everyone know how he played her 

and still no one cares it doesn't bring any buzz to her just makes her look like a clown desperate for clout 

she is pretty talented and has a good personality if her career didn't take off is totally her fault for getting to involved with the wrong crowds

itsmee

this was a girl that could get somewhere and build a massive fanbase of girls 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQD5e79xdiSCh-XjVzlnA

this on the other hand along with her actions and the way she goes about , no one takes it seriously 

80b43b4c2968b8695252b140214b4ad1.jpg

it is what it is, she also refuses to change so her career will keep on being a non event and a waste of potential 

TMZ
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, itsmee said:

this was a girl that could get somewhere and build a massive fanbase of girls 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQD5e79xdiSCh-XjVzlnA

this on the other hand along with her actions and the way she goes about , no one takes it seriously 

80b43b4c2968b8695252b140214b4ad1.jpg

it is what it is, she also refuses to change so her career will keep on being a non event and a waste of potential 

that's just a side of her tho. obviously her first micromixtape and album had more personal songs rather than this thot vibe. and plus shes lit rally 20. give her a break. this is exactly how she should be acting,

not to mention tonnes of other girlies act like insta thots yet they dont seem to bug you? e.g. megan thee stallion, madison beer just to name a few, infact olivia isnt even as slutty as them

Edited by TMZ

TMZ
7 hours ago, itsmee said:

yeah it's her fault , her career her responsibility 

no one knows her because instead of showing her personality and create a brand for herself on social media she is out there acting like all the other insta thots

this might be a stupid comparation but Billie at one point was in the same position as her, a young unknown singer having a hit while no one knew who she was (ocean eyes) 

billie than kept on releasing music, building a fanbase, and creating a brand and reputation for herself and from than it was like snowball effect 

Olivia went the opposite direction she took the blueprint of instagram models and started acting looking dressing and talking like them nothing stood out about her and that's why no one knows who she is 

she also doesn't interact or care about her fans which is like shooting herself in the foot

again instead of focusing on her career and building a brand she is out there getting with internet f* boys than writing songs about them and at the end of the day it doesn't even help that much because she just fades into the background

I mean she got involved with Loogan Paul, that tells me all I need to know because no person who is taking her career seriously or takes care of their reputation would even entertain a guy like him, she not only did but also wrote a song about it and to let everyone know how he played her 

and still no one cares it doesn't bring any buzz to her just makes her look like a clown desperate for clout 

she is pretty talented and has a good personality if her career didn't take off is totally her fault for getting to involved with the wrong crowds

and about billie, they make completely different music. imo billie's image is ugly and bland but that's just my opinion. and she was never with logan?

itsmee
4 hours ago, TMZ said:

that's just a side of her tho. obviously her first micromixtape and album had more personal songs rather than this thot vibe. and plus shes lit rally 20. give her a break. this is exactly how she should be acting,

not to mention tonnes of other girlies act like insta thots yet they dont seem to bug you? e.g. megan thee stallion, madison beer just to name a few, infact olivia isnt even as slutty as them

madison beer is another flop who is mistaken for a insta model so she doesn't count

megan actually takes her career seriously she keeps on releasing mixtapes , and making her brand known this comparation also doesn't make sense because the corespondent would be Megan linking up with those wags , secure the bag chicks, etc

if she is a bit thotish it's okay becayse she is a rapper so that's right up her alley 

Olivia needs to move differently she isn't a rapper 

yeah I know tons of girls act like thots me included I'm the same age as her, yet I don't have a reputation to protect , it's sad but no matter how talented and amazing you are,  people won't take you seriously if they already made your mind about you and decided to put you in a box

in the entertainment world there is a clear separation between internet personalities, and real celebs they don't usually mix 

you don't see Camilla, Lauren, Dua Lipa , Ari etc hanging out with internet people or acting like them 

see how Zayn reacted to Loogan Paul  he ignored him and told him to f off because in general they are seen as below real celebs O on the other hand dated him and wrote a whole song about it 

Girl where have you been? she dated Logan that's what the whole Jossling song is about , she was seeing Logan they weren't committed but she still got upset when he went behind her back and slept with her, her name is Jocelyn Chew and she is another insta thot

I'm not making this up,  another thing Olivia does  is that she loves to spill her own tea for everyone to hear , instead of keeping it cute and mysterious she literally tells you all details about her life , who she dated, why she dated, why they hurt her, all her deep feelings and thoughts , her plastic surgery 

Singers also do it to but they hint , O is too much of an open book another thing that works against her 

TMZ
55 minutes ago, itsmee said:

madison beer is another flop who is mistaken for a insta model so she doesn't count

megan actually takes her career seriously she keeps on releasing mixtapes , and making her brand known this comparation also doesn't make sense because the corespondent would be Megan linking up with those wags , secure the bag chicks, etc

if she is a bit thotish it's okay becayse she is a rapper so that's right up her alley 

Olivia needs to move differently she isn't a rapper 

yeah I know tons of girls act like thots me included I'm the same age as her, yet I don't have a reputation to protect , it's sad but no matter how talented and amazing you are,  people won't take you seriously if they already made your mind about you and decided to put you in a box

in the entertainment world there is a clear separation between internet personalities, and real celebs they don't usually mix 

you don't see Camilla, Lauren, Dua Lipa , Ari etc hanging out with internet people or acting like them 

see how Zayn reacted to Loogan Paul  he ignored him and told him to f off because in general they are seen as below real celebs O on the other hand dated him and wrote a whole song about it 

Girl where have you been? she dated Logan that's what the whole Jossling song is about , she was seeing Logan they weren't committed but she still got upset when he went behind her back and slept with her, her name is Jocelyn Chew and she is another insta thot

I'm not making this up,  another thing Olivia does  is that she loves to spill her own tea for everyone to hear , instead of keeping it cute and mysterious she literally tells you all details about her life , who she dated, why she dated, why they hurt her, all her deep feelings and thoughts , her plastic surgery 

Singers also do it to but they hint , O is too much of an open book another thing that works against her 

the only thing i hear are people complimenting her for how open she is. i love it and all her fans do. and sometimes an artist doesnt always have to be mysterious or whatever because olivia's openness makes me really relate to her. Overall olivia is still very successful along with madison despite little to no promotion. i mean olivia has 2 EP tracks with over 48m spotify streams. not everyone has that - not even a listers

plus she's the 2nd most streamed female artist under the age of 21, just behind billie eilish so i wouldnt consider a flop whatsoever

itsmee
2 hours ago, TMZ said:

the only thing i hear are people complimenting her for how open she is. i love it and all her fans do. and sometimes an artist doesnt always have to be mysterious or whatever because olivia's openness makes me really relate to her. Overall olivia is still very successful along with madison despite little to no promotion. i mean olivia has 2 EP tracks with over 48m spotify streams. not everyone has that - not even a listers

plus she's the 2nd most streamed female artist under the age of 21, just behind billie eilish so i wouldnt consider a flop whatsoever

i suppose but there is potential for so much more

im still rooting her and her team get their s together

pavi
20 minutes ago, itsmee said:

I feel like if we were still in the Tumblr era, she would've been big. The fact that she is (a bit too) edgy and that she actually is very open and approachable makes it easier for people who are like her to relate and would've made for some great edgy Tumblr quotes

I think she lacks success because of lack of promo, because she doesn't do anything groundbreaking new or top-notch in the genre she's in and because the topics she sings about aren't relatable for a large audience. I think her persona is the least of her problems (although I can imagine her being criticized for it if she would've been bigger)

I'm curious to see growth the next few years, as long as her label lets her release music and the music remains good, I'll be rooting for her

TMZ
14 minutes ago, pavi said:

I feel like if we were still in the Tumblr era, she would've been big. The fact that she is (a bit too) edgy and that she actually is very open and approachable makes it easier for people who are like her to relate and would've made for some great edgy Tumblr quotes

I think she lacks success because of lack of promo, because she doesn't do anything groundbreaking new or top-notch in the genre she's in and because the topics she sings about aren't relatable for a large audience. I think her persona is the least of her problems (although I can imagine her being criticized for it if she would've been bigger)

I'm curious to see growth the next few years, as long as her label lets her release music and the music remains good, I'll be rooting for her

36 minutes ago, itsmee said:

i have to say tho - i do see a lot of locals or the gp commenting on how annoying she is and they want her to shut the **** up. idk why it's her in particular tho. is it cause of her 'annoying' voice or instagram thot girl personality?

TMZ
Posted (edited)

Edited by TMZ

pavi
2 hours ago, TMZ said:

i have to say tho - i do see a lot of locals or the gp commenting on how annoying she is and they want her to shut the **** up. idk why it's her in particular tho. is it cause of her 'annoying' voice or instagram thot girl personality?

I think it's because she's so vocal about mental health and her issues. A big part of the gp finds the new generation 'spoiled, whining snowflakes' and with her songs and posts she pretty much becomes the epitome of what they hate I guess. People will always find a reason to hate

TMZ
10 minutes ago, pavi said:

I think it's because she's so vocal about mental health and her issues. A big part of the gp finds the new generation 'spoiled, whining snowflakes' and with her songs and posts she pretty much becomes the epitome of what they hate I guess. People will always find a reason to hate

never thout of it this way. really good points!! :psyduck:

pavi
2 hours ago, TMZ said:

This is cute btw! Honestly, I already got so many of my friends hooked to this song, it's such a bop:jonny:

TMZ
3 minutes ago, pavi said:

This is cute btw! Honestly, I already got so many of my friends hooked to this song, it's such a bop:jonny:

i posted it cause i tried to add it to my main thread and centre the video but i couldnt figure it out :clown: but thanksfor sharing:heart:

itsmee
4 hours ago, TMZ said:

the other user is right 

and actually if you check her interviews she has a very likable personality, she is cool funny and genuine

its just that the persona she puts and the stuff she speaks about make people get that impression of her

TMZ
9 minutes ago, itsmee said:

the other user is right 

and actually if you check her interviews she has a very likable personality, she is cool funny and genuine

its just that the persona she puts and the stuff she speaks about make people get that impression of her

well well well :gaycat5:

kelly-clarkson
Posted (edited)

Tbh I don't get the appeal the song, I'm not a fan of it.

Sad Songs In The Summer deserved this song success :katie2:

Edited by kelly-clarkson

TMZ
6 minutes ago, kelly-clarkson said:

i actually prefer josslyn but both songs have huge replay value. ive played both over 100 times and im still not sick of them. :jonny6:

Ikejuju
25 minutes ago, kelly-clarkson said:

The taste 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

TMZ
11 minutes ago, Ikejuju said:

The taste 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

since when did olivia become so popular? :clown:

pavi
1 hour ago, itsmee said:

the other user is right 

True!! She has an amazing vibe here

itsmee
1 hour ago, pavi said:

that's the video I was thinking about when I said that :alexz:

like I said most people don't get to see the real her which is a shame

she should rebrand 

TMZ
12 hours ago, itsmee said:

that's the video I was thinking about when I said that :alexz:

like I said most people don't get to see the real her which is a shame

she should rebrand 

14 hours ago, pavi said:

i genuinely thought @itsmee was a olivia hater lol oops :skull:

itsmee
3 hours ago, TMZ said:

i genuinely thought @itsmee was a olivia hater lol oops :skull:

i dont blame  for thinking like that its my way of speaking and the stuff I say

sometimes im harsh

but I mean well:heart2:

Burqa

i agree with everything itsmee said :rip: she just became another boring LA insta girl... her older music (Empty or Trust Issues) showed much more personality than the micromixtapes even if I like the songs