Slate

Midnight Sun | New Twilight book out now!

Slate
Posted (edited)

Midnight Sun - Stephenie Meyer

When Edward Cullen and Bella Swan met in Twilight, an iconic love story was born. But until now, fans have heard only Bella's side of the story. At last, readers can experience Edward's version in the long-awaited companion novel, Midnight Sun. This unforgettable tale as told through Edward's eyes takes on a new and decidedly dark twist. Meeting Bella is both the most unnerving and intriguing event he has experienced in all his years as a vampire. As we learn more fascinating details about Edward's past and the complexity of his inner thoughts, we understand why this is the defining struggle of his life. How can he justify following his heart if it means leading Bella into danger?

Edited by Slate

M-P-B

no one wanted this 10 years ago, no one wants it now

Coma Baby

No one (other than Taylor Lautner) wants to wake up to the news Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart woke up to this morning. No one. They were preparing their coffees, turning on wi-fi and the first thing they read is: “Stephenie Meyer to Publish a New ‘Twilight’ Book, ‘Midnight Sun’”. They blinked their eyes countless times and they went on Instagram just to see more and more posts about it. They couldn’t believe it. Their 'King of A24' and '21 Century Jodie Foster Replacement' dreams were over and there they were at 8AM sitting in their kitchens looking at the screens of their iPhones.

HauntinglyHollow

I mean why ? I am pretty sure you could find a fanfiction that has already done it, maybe even better than her. 

IvyTower

She wrote this years ago before the movies came out but after a large portion leaked she shelved it indefinitely

TeeJay

i knew she would finish this book eventually so not surprised tbh.

What she needs to do is get her a.ss in gear and write the damn sequel to The Host, that was an amazing book with a cliff hanger ending that she said was going to be the first in a trilogy and its been what...12 years? GET ON IT STEPHENIE!

fridayteenage
25 minutes ago, IvyTower said:

She wrote this years ago before the movies came out but after a large portion leaked she shelved it indefinitely

Yeah. Pointless anyway

22 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

What she needs to do is get her a.ss in gear and write the damn sequel to The Host, that was an amazing book with a cliff hanger ending that she said was going to be the first in a trilogy and its been what...12 years? GET ON IT STEPHENIE!

No

TeeJay
2 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Yeah. Pointless anyway

No

yes. The host was a very compelling book. 

fridayteenage
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TeeJay said:

yes. The host was a very compelling book. 

it was...better than twilight

the writing and plot have a lot to be desired esp in originality.

The chemist was ok though

Top 2 books on Amazon rn: 1 Twilight 2 Hunger Games; how ten years ago

Edited by fridayteenage

P!NK2LOVE
14 hours ago, Coma Baby said:

No one (other than Taylor Lautner) wants to wake up to the news Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart woke up to this morning. No one. They were preparing their coffees, turning on wi-fi and the first thing they read is: “Stephenie Meyer to Publish a New ‘Twilight’ Book, ‘Midnight Sun’”. They blinked their eyes countless times and they went on Instagram just to see more and more posts about it. They couldn’t believe it. Their 'King of A24' and '21 Century Jodie Foster Replacement' dreams were over and there they were at 8AM sitting in their kitchens looking at the screens of their iPhones.

Lmfao

ChatshireCat

My opportunity for a viral scathing goodreads review has arrived

Slate

Lawssance

Poor RPatz and K Stew :dies:

skwonderfactory

I’m actually interested in this. I wish it was a proper sequel with the raising of their child and some new tensions, but I’ll take this. 

I wonder if Stephanie will do the same scenes from just Edward’s perspective or some new ones too. Obviously I’m talking about them alone, not just the Cullens and Edward. Also, will she write the same dialogue bits?

Anyway, the only thing that annoys me is the cover. Like it matches the others.... expect it doesn’t. The typography is bigger and placed differently.

I wonder if this is a success (which I’m almost certain it will be, or at least front loaded), we’ll get the second book (New Moon) and so forth from Edward’s perspective too. I feel like New Moon would be the most interesting because there’s so much we didn’t get to learn about his motivates and thoughts when he was gone.

Dolce Vita

omg i remember reading the little extract that leaked yearssss ago. i lowkey still like the films too :skull: 

budgier

I'd be excited if this was a continuation of the story but seriously, another "retelling"? She already gender-swapped the story, and now with a different POV. What a lazy cash grab, AGAIN. Should have stayed shelved. 

Slate
33 minutes ago, budgier said:

I'd be excited if this was a continuation of the story but seriously, another "retelling"? She already gender-swapped the story, and now with a different POV. What a lazy cash grab, AGAIN. Should have stayed shelved. 

Agreed. She needs to do a sequel series or something, the franchise is so iconic

base talk] K-Pop Thread 2018-2019 - Page 4455 - Base - ATRL

Chiidish
On 5/5/2020 at 9:49 AM, Coma Baby said:

:bibliahh:

Bittersweet.

I've been waiting for this book like 10 years omfg and 600 pages :party:

Meyer debió de publicar este libro en vez de life and death que fue un desastre aunque entretenido pero aún así, a mess que nadie pidió. Pero literalmente Midnight sun era todo lo que yo deseaba en 2010 así que es un sueño tenerlo en 2020 

TeeJay
On 5/6/2020 at 9:52 AM, skwonderfactory said:

I’m actually interested in this. I wish it was a proper sequel with the raising of their child and some new tensions, but I’ll take this. 

I wonder if Stephanie will do the same scenes from just Edward’s perspective or some new ones too. Obviously I’m talking about them alone, not just the Cullens and Edward. Also, will she write the same dialogue bits?

Anyway, the only thing that annoys me is the cover. Like it matches the others.... expect it doesn’t. The typography is bigger and placed differently.

I wonder if this is a success (which I’m almost certain it will be, or at least front loaded), we’ll get the second book (New Moon) and so forth from Edward’s perspective too. I feel like New Moon would be the most interesting because there’s so much we didn’t get to learn about his motivates and thoughts when he was gone.

new moon is the only book when actually need from edwards perspective. He was gone most of the book so writing new moon from his POV would basically be an entirely new book as we get to see everything he was up to during that time.

budgier
4 minutes ago, TeeJay said:

new moon is the only book when actually need from edwards perspective. He was gone most of the book so writing new moon from his POV would basically be an entirely new book as we get to see everything he was up to during that time.

We were lead to believe Edward was holed away completely isolated for those months. While I see your point I'm not sure there'd be much of an engaging story there, and if they changed that it wouldn't be very "in-character" for Edward.

Meyer needs to stop with the silliness and give us a continuation, I agree that Bella and Edward's story is pretty much done, but I'm sure she could come up with something for Renesmee, and have cameos from the rest of the Cullens.

Buffy
Posted (edited)

Lol. The way I used to read these books convinced they were good but became woke one day that it’s just a book on beastiality and borderline child predator/child grooming by a disturbed author. Now we’ll get to finally read Edward’s descriptive thoughts of the repulsive smell of Bella’s period and how thankful he was to have an oscillating fan on his lab table.

Edited by Buffy

skwonderfactory

First official quote posted via her Stephenie's website:

midnight-sun-quote-june2.png 

Every Tuesday and Friday leading up to the book's release, a new quote will be posted.

MusicTalker

I lowkey want to reread these books for the camp of it all. The movies are sooo bad. I read the first three. It’s cheesy af but I remember they were really easy and quick to read. I’d probably laugh at the fact that I used to be so invested. :lmao:  And honestly I am looking for light, silly reads rn in such heavy times

X~MoviePoP

I can see them making this into a netflix tv series. 

skwonderfactory

The quotes are good so far. A little comedy, seductive, yet could be straight forward, and Edward swooning.