Filthy Pop
9 hours ago, Jjang said:

Her songs with Ari/BP won't count :sistrens:

8 hours ago, Jjang said:

That’s not music related. 

The constant goalpost-moving:dies:

Robyn.

Everyone except Gaga stans predicted that this was going to happen. :laugh:

Monsters were setting themselves up for drags with all the ASIB threads, the public was here for Ally not the rah-rah-rah singer.

ASIB did give her a lot of momentum however, but she did not use it right. 

Robyn.
20 hours ago, Shelter said:

How can anyone tell? It was obvious her new stuff wouldn’t have the same success as Shallow. 

Monsters were getting brave about Shallow's success so it's no surprise her lead single would be dragged if it didn't smash.

Robyn.
Just now, Mariano said:

okay and..?  These topics were made, because Beyonce fans cried "Just wait for Beyonce's Lion King". And Beyonce's fans cried, because the monsters did something else before that!!11  and they did it cuz the Hive did something else before that!!11

ATRL & OGH are so hypocritical :bibliahh:  The way it's always the monsters fault!!!1  The Hive were screaming "Beyonce's left overs!!!1" for 2 years.  But you don't have a problem with that of course :date2: 

Y'all can keep "dragging" Gaga's top 5 leaked lead single though, just don't cry later on when you get dragged again, because it's a never ending cycle if y'all haven't noticed. 

Anyway LG6 never had anything to do with ASIB.  ASIB was and still is a huge smash legendary era for Gaga and we can still use it as receipts considering it's very recent. Good luck with your fav's next album releases though, y'all seem to be under the impression that all of your favs will do well and only Gaga will underperform hihi :lmao: 

the meltdown :ahh:

Chill, those 2 threads were just ONE example. Monsters have gotten brave throughout the entire ASIB campaign, so let's not put the blame on the hive.

Rusty
16 hours ago, Jjang said:

Her songs with Ari/BP won't count :sistrens:

Not a Madge stan :rip: 

OT: Despite being declared over multiple times she's still here. Smarten up.

discotitzz
21 hours ago, Rickk said:

, LM's need to grow up as well cause they lowkey dig this hole themselves dragging other pop girls for no reason and then whine when it backfires. 

:clap3:

Jjang
41 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Not a Madge stan :rip: 

OT: Despite being declared over multiple times she's still here. Smarten up.

Yes, a stan of a woman that managed to accumulate solo smashes up to 25 years into her career. Which is difficult to get, others stopped getting those very early on. 

Rusty
Just now, Jjang said:

Yes, a stan of a woman that managed to accumulate solo smashes up to 25 years into her career. Which is difficult to get, others stopped getting those very early on. 

Then came Gaga :sistrens: 

OT: Shallow is a super smash, and  a 2 x Grammy, Golden Globe and Oscar-winning song (among many other awards). But she'll have other hits going forward!

Jjang
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rusty said:

Who is already depending on younger and more popular artists to spend more than 1 week in the top 20. :sistrens:

Edited by Jjang
Changed my sentence basically agai

Oxy

After Joanne i thought she was done, but Shallow happened. So i would never count Gaga out, plus she has a movie by Ridley Scott which she plays the wife of Gucci.

kudmips7890
16 hours ago, Jjang said:

Who is already depending on younger and more popular artists to spend more than 1 week in the top 20. :sistrens:

Didn't Madonna rely on JT way back in 2008 for 4 Minutes? Then Nicki...and then Rebel Heart's lead flopped bc there was no ft? Lmao sit down.

Madonna's peak and most of her career also took place in a much different climate. This was also before the streaming era took off and when physical sales weren't abysmal and constant live performances and the radio circuit was still a valid and THE strategy for promotion. I'm surprised any MPG can still maintain a level of sustained success in this new climate whether it's Beyoncé, Katy, Gaga, etc. But yeah sure keep thinking those 25 years of her success happened in  a similat climate as today. 

The age difference between Ariana and Gaga is vastly different from a then 49 year old woman who realized Confessions was her last hurrah and needed the life forces of artists 15+ years younger than her to score a hit.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:41 PM, Filthy Pop said:

The constant goalpost-moving:dies:

:cm: MTE

I look forward to this very bitter Madge stan stalking the Gaga base and having her constantly on their mind. Reminds me of Aurora or whatever who compared Katy to Beyoncé and is also an obsessive OGH.

OT: No, she'll have other hits. It won't be Poker Face or Bad Romance big, but they'll be there. 

TaylorFantasy

Nope. Monsters ASSURED me Gaga is much bigger than Taylor So I expect another SMASH era for Gaga with Chromatica. It is at least going to be bigger than Lover the Taylor Swift album.

Holiest Dreams
On 5/5/2020 at 7:14 AM, Pop said:

Maybe she can do one with Shawn Mendes. 

Since not everyone can hit the top 2 on their own nowadays, I think collabing with a bigger artist like Shawn would be great for Miss Gaga.

OT: We'll see.

Holiest Dreams
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Rusty said:

OT: Shallow is a super smash, and  a 2 x Grammy, Golden Globe and Oscar-winning song (among many other awards). But she'll have other hits going forward!

Do you even think before you try your hand at clocking people? Madonna didn't need to even think of relying on new, more commercially successful artists until was 50 years old and 25 years into her career. All her hit singles prior to that point were solo. Gaga is only 12 years into her career and relying on more successful, new acts to (try and) score a hit... 12 years into Madonna's career she had a SOLO 7-week #1 single :skull: 

OT: I think so. Gaga generally latches on to more successful acts to save her in times of need (Madonna in 2011-12 for controversy, Tony Bennett in 2014 for the elderly people clout, 2018 Bradley Cooper, and now 2020 Ariana/BP). But maybe she can surprise us, I think it's very possible.

Edited by Holiest Dreams

GlamSlam
54 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Do you even think before you try your hand at clocking people? Madonna didn't need to even think of relying on new, more commercially successful artists until was 50 years old and 25 years into her career. All her hit singles prior to that point were solo. Gaga is only 12 years into her career and relying on more successful, new acts to (try and) score a hit... 12 years into Madonna's career she had a SOLO 7-week #1 single :skull: 

OT: I think so. Gaga generally latches on to more successful acts to save her in times of need (Madonna in 2011-12 for controversy, Tony Bennett in 2014 for the elderly people clout, 2018 Bradley Cooper, and now 2020 Ariana/BP). But maybe she can surprise us, I think it's very possible.

:clap3:

OT Shallow wasn't even her last (solo) hurrah considering it was a duet with Bradley Cooper.

Time will tell if any other solo single from Chromatica will be a hit, but it's not looking good for her right now.

Rusty
1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

Angry Gaga hater is angry. Should we call The Times? :rip:

OT: She's been considered over so many times and come back, this one must be it!

Jjang
6 hours ago, kudmips7890 said:

Didn't Madonna rely on JT way back in 2008 for 4 Minutes? Then Nicki...and then Rebel Heart's lead flopped bc there was no ft? Lmao sit down.

Madonna's peak and most of her career also took place in a much different climate. This was also before the streaming era took off and when physical sales weren't abysmal and constant live performances and the radio circuit was still a valid and THE strategy for promotion. I'm surprised any MPG can still maintain a level of sustained success in this new climate whether it's Beyoncé, Katy, Gaga, etc. But yeah sure keep thinking those 25 years of her success happened in  a similat climate as today. 

The age difference between Ariana and Gaga is vastly different from a then 49 year old woman who realized Confessions was her last hurrah and needed the life forces of artists 15+ years younger than her to score a hit.

Celebration - no promo

Bulgaria (IFPI)[68] 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[29] 1
Hungary (Single Top 40)[75] 1
Israel (Media Forest)[77] 1
Italy (FIMI)[36] 1
Russia Airplay (Tophit)[83] 1
Scotland (Official Charts Company)[34] 1
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[32] 1
UK Dance (Official Charts Company)[87] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[89] 1
European Hot 100 (Billboard)[70] 2
France (SNEP)[71] 2
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[80] 2
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[67] 3
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[79] 3
Norway (VG-lista)[81] 3
UK Singles (Official Charts Company)[35] 3
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[66] 4
Global Dance Songs (Billboard)[73] 4
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[86] 4
Canada (Canadian Hot 100)[28] 5
Czech Republic (Rádio Top 100)[69] 5
Denmark (Tracklisten)[38] 5
Germany (Official German Charts)[72] 5
Japan (Japan Hot 100)[78] 5
Portugal Digital Songs (Billboard)[82] 6
Greece (IFPI)[74] 7
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[65] 8
Iceland (RÚV)[76] 8
Ireland (IRMA)[31] 10
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[85] 17

Give It 2 Me - no promo

Global Dance Songs (Billboard)[59] 1
Hungary (Rádiós Top 40)[61] 1
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[32] 1
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[33] 1
Turkey (Billboard)[73] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[24] 1
US Dance/Mix Show Airplay (Billboard)[74] 1
Venezuela Pop Rock (Record Report)[75] 1
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[55] 2
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[56] 2
Hungary (Dance Top 40)[60] 2
Hungary (Single Top 40)[62] 2
Portugal Digital Songs (Billboard)[67] 2
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[34] 3
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[51] 3
Italy (FIMI)[64] 3
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[65] 3
Russia Airplay (Tophit)[68] 3
Czech Republic (Rádio Top 100)[52] 4
Denmark (Tracklisten)[53] 4
Scotland (Official Charts Company)[69] 4
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[72] 4
France (SNEP)[57] 5
Norway (VG-lista)[66] 6
Euro Digital Songs (Billboard)[54] 7
Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)[70] 7
UK Singles (Official Charts Company)[28] 7
Canada (Canadian Hot 100)[27] 8
Germany (Official German Charts)[58] 8
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[50] 10
Ireland (IRMA)[63] 10
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[71] 13

Madonna experiencing a different climate doesn't argue with the fact that her longevity is unmatched and she is the most successful female artist of all time. 

She blocked her momentum after waiting 4 years to release MDNA and not promoting it (she did the SB 6 weeks before the album dropped and she vanished again for years). MDNA's 1st and 2nd week sales are actually bigger than ARTPOP's, so had she actually went out and promoted (the way Gaga was) she would have most likely outsold Gaga. (30 years into career vs. 5 lol), so again, if there's anyone who needs to sit down and self examine is yourself. Didn't RH even outsell Joanne in Europe? An album that was leaked 4 months prior to its' release? Lol.

You only feel confident comparing Gaga's first decade to Madonna's fourth excusing anything else as "a different climate" (as if comparing a 50+ yo to a 30 yo is rational to begin with), you won't compare her to Taylor 'cause "she's an exception", you won't compare her to Adele 'cause "she's an exception too", you won't compare her to Ariana "cause she's stronger in streaming", you won't compare her to Rihanna "because she makes R&B which is stronger on streaming while Gaga takes musical risks". You won't compare her to anyone unless its Katy Perry - a complete and utter has been. that's your saving grace of a narrative. Sad.

It's not our fault Madonna capitalized on her post - Evita hype to craft one of the most acclaimed albums of all time while Gaga is giving you JoJo Siwa songs. 

PoisonPill
Posted (edited)

Why do people even respond to these posts anymore? There is clearly some deep empty void inside these people, that they can momentarily fill with the thrill of igniting a stan fight on a pop music forum. Perhaps it’s replacing love and validation in their real lives? Affection from a father or a nonexistent boyfriend? Who really knows. Let’s just let them have this sad, fleeting thrill in their unfulfilled lives and move right along.

Edited by PoisonPill

leo-j

stupid love was a solo hit, and peaked top 12 on pop radio in the US. and It was top 10 in most of the major markets. It wasn't applause, in terms of success, but the song did relatively okay. 

Ya'll expecting a 5 week #1 when the song leaked a month prior, and a quarter of the gay community heard it in clubs (none of that streaming counted) is messed up. 

The fact a POP SONG FROM LADY GAGA GOT INTO MAINSTREAM TOP 40 AND ALMOST WENT TOP 10, AND DEBUTED AT #5 IN THE US is pretty big considering how Perfect Illusion flopped(#15 peak) and in the end her flops are relative to her standards not her peers. 

alfonso12

They said the same about Born this way, then again when Applause came out, then again with Million Reasons and now one more time with Shallow. :lmao: 

kudmips7890
1 hour ago, Jjang said:

Celebration - no promo

Bulgaria (IFPI)[68] 1
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[29] 1
Hungary (Single Top 40)[75] 1
Israel (Media Forest)[77] 1
Italy (FIMI)[36] 1
Russia Airplay (Tophit)[83] 1
Scotland (Official Charts Company)[34] 1
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[32] 1
UK Dance (Official Charts Company)[87] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[89] 1
European Hot 100 (Billboard)[70] 2
France (SNEP)[71] 2
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[80] 2
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[67] 3
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[79] 3
Norway (VG-lista)[81] 3
UK Singles (Official Charts Company)[35] 3
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[66] 4
Global Dance Songs (Billboard)[73] 4
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[86] 4
Canada (Canadian Hot 100)[28] 5
Czech Republic (Rádio Top 100)[69] 5
Denmark (Tracklisten)[38] 5
Germany (Official German Charts)[72] 5
Japan (Japan Hot 100)[78] 5
Portugal Digital Songs (Billboard)[82] 6
Greece (IFPI)[74] 7
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[65] 8
Iceland (RÚV)[76] 8
Ireland (IRMA)[31] 10
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[85] 17

Give It 2 Me - no promo

Global Dance Songs (Billboard)[59] 1
Hungary (Rádiós Top 40)[61] 1
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)[32] 1
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[33] 1
Turkey (Billboard)[73] 1
US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)[24] 1
US Dance/Mix Show Airplay (Billboard)[74] 1
Venezuela Pop Rock (Record Report)[75] 1
Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)[55] 2
Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)[56] 2
Hungary (Dance Top 40)[60] 2
Hungary (Single Top 40)[62] 2
Portugal Digital Songs (Billboard)[67] 2
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)[34] 3
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia)[51] 3
Italy (FIMI)[64] 3
Netherlands (Single Top 100)[65] 3
Russia Airplay (Tophit)[68] 3
Czech Republic (Rádio Top 100)[52] 4
Denmark (Tracklisten)[53] 4
Scotland (Official Charts Company)[69] 4
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[72] 4
France (SNEP)[57] 5
Norway (VG-lista)[66] 6
Euro Digital Songs (Billboard)[54] 7
Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)[70] 7
UK Singles (Official Charts Company)[28] 7
Canada (Canadian Hot 100)[27] 8
Germany (Official German Charts)[58] 8
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[50] 10
Ireland (IRMA)[63] 10
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[71] 13

Madonna experiencing a different climate doesn't argue with the fact that her longevity is unmatched and she is the most successful female artist of all time. 

She blocked her momentum after waiting 4 years to release MDNA and not promoting it (she did the SB 6 weeks before the album dropped and she vanished again for years). MDNA's 1st and 2nd week sales are actually bigger than ARTPOP's, so had she actually went out and promoted (the way Gaga was) she would have most likely outsold Gaga. (30 years into career vs. 5 lol), so again, if there's anyone who needs to sit down and self examine is yourself. Didn't RH even outsell Joanne in Europe? An album that was leaked 4 months prior to its' release? Lol.

You only feel confident comparing Gaga's first decade to Madonna's fourth excusing anything else as "a different climate" (as if comparing a 50+ yo to a 30 yo is rational to begin with), you won't compare her to Taylor 'cause "she's an exception", you won't compare her to Adele 'cause "she's an exception too", you won't compare her to Ariana "cause she's stronger in streaming", you won't compare her to Rihanna "because she makes R&B which is stronger on streaming while Gaga takes musical risks". You won't compare her to anyone unless its Katy Perry - a complete and utter has been. that's your saving grace of a narrative. Sad.

It's not our fault Madonna capitalized on her post - Evita hype to craft one of the most acclaimed albums of all time while Gaga is giving you JoJo Siwa songs. 

1. First of all, I haven't compared her to anyone? I haven't brought Adele or Taylor up and I haven't mentioned any of that. You really thought you did something didn't you? Way to put words I've never said or even thought of in my mouth lol. Still, what a great strawman you've put up. You really thought that type of bait works on me, huh? I dont have any "saving graces" for her, sis. I'm not that big a fan of her to begin with and I pick and choose threads that i think are completely absurd and are just bashing for no reason. 

2. Nobody here wanted your opinions on Gaga until someone brought up your fave musician and you just had to start bringing up comparisons lol. You're the one who initiated this.

3. If it's absurd to compare Gaga to Madonna given the huge difference in career lengths and age differences, why are you even doing it lol. Why do YOU engage? You're the on so many Gaga posts feeding flames. You're really on every one of these threads looking for SOMETHING to start something and get a weird satisfaction off of it. A gaga stan rub you the wrong way, sis? They're not all like that just like not all stans of any base are like the worse members but feel free to commit to hating on this one group of stans I guess. 

4. Did you mean the ARTPOP era where Gaga was being hammered with articles saying she was over, had a controlling manager, and her creative output stifled as well as affecting her mental health so bad she pivoted her career somewhere else? Don't see how that can affect first week numbers at all. Super Bowl six weeks before the album release sure is enough of a big stage and promo to me for a good few weeks of sales to me. But please don't be so confident promo would have been what could have made MDNA a sustained success. We all saw those critic reviews and no it doesn't blow ARTPOP out of the water. It's actually on par with her and the rest of her peers at the time. We also saw the intense promotion Hard Candy received and somehow only amounted to a fraction of her 2005 sales. But yea....promo would save an album equally as bad as ARTPOP. JT on 4 minutes, a record breaking tour, AND Celebration can't hold attention or momentum? Super Bowl with Nicki still wasn't enough? Ok, sis. Also, what are Rebel Heart's worldwide sales? Let's not focus on one region. Clearly with the evidence youve presented Madonna right now is better in every metric than Gaga in every way so how do those worldwide sales look like. I'm sure you'll give me an equally stale, tiring, and vitriolic OGH answer to chuckle over and forget. 

OT: 

5 hours ago, Rusty said:

Angry Gaga hater is angry. Should we call The Times? :rip:

OT: She's been considered over so many times and come back, this one must be it!

suburbannature
2 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

Why do people even respond to these posts anymore? There is clearly some deep empty void inside these people, that they can momentarily fill with the thrill of igniting a stan fight on a pop music forum. Perhaps it’s replacing love and validation in their real lives? Affection from a father or a nonexistent boyfriend? Who really knows. Let’s just let them have this sad, fleeting thrill in their unfulfilled lives and move right along.

Have you seen your signature recently? :skull: 

Jjang
11 minutes ago, kudmips7890 said:

2. Nobody here wanted your opinions on Gaga until someone brought up your fave musician and you just had to start bringing up comparisons lol. You're the one who initiated this.

Nobody writes his opinions on an opinion board with the preconceived notion that these opinions want to be heard. Talk about absurdity. Now let's see you applying this logic on politics. :rip: Trump realness. 

Secondly, no, I did not initiate the comparisons, it was the member 'Rusty' who mentioned Madonna first in this thread. 

Did you mean the ARTPOP era where Gaga was being hammered with articles saying she was over, had a controlling manager, and her creative output stifled as well as affecting her mental health so bad she pivoted her career somewhere else? Don't see how that can affect first week numbers at all. Super Bowl six weeks before the album release sure is enough of a big stage and promo to me for a good few weeks of sales to me. But please don't be so confident promo would have been what could have made MDNA a sustained success. We all saw those critic reviews and no it doesn't blow ARTPOP out of the water. It's actually on par with her and the rest of her peers at the time. We also saw the intense promotion Hard Candy received and somehow only amounted to a fraction of her 2005 sales. But yea....promo would save an album equally as bad as ARTPOP. JT on 4 minutes, a record breaking tour, AND Celebration can't hold attention or momentum? Super Bowl with Nicki still wasn't enough? Ok, sis. Also, what are Rebel Heart's worldwide sales? Let's not focus on one region. Clearly with the evidence youve presented Madonna right now is better in every metric than Gaga in every way so how do those worldwide sales look like. I'm sure you'll give me an equally stale, tiring, and vitriolic OGH answer to chuckle over and forget.

I don't understand how any of this relates to her commercial performance - Taylor was 'hammered' with negative articles (and as proven recently, paid ones) and she still smashed. 

Super Bowl is not relevant outside of America, especially not in 2012. So no, doing the SB six weeks before the drop of your album, after taking a 4 years break to direct a flop movie, and then waiting another 3 years only to be forced to release after the entire album leaked 4 months prior to the official date halted her momentum. That of course not even counting the factor that both of these albums sucked and it's a miracle she sold a copy of them to begin with. 

ARTPOP sales in Europe (massive promotional campaign there) : 600.000 

MDNA sales in Europe (not a single promo spot) : 710.000 

Madonna's draw commercially in the U.S took a massive hit after Erotica and was pretty much demolished after American Life. But let's just pretend we're context blind and run with the vague, sweeping "it's simply a different climate!!" excuse - which you still haven't refuted my counter argument for that: if Madonna's longevity and success is merely a result of a past climate, then why is she and not anyone else the biggest female artist of all time? Why did she outsell and outlast all of her contemporaries? And consequently : why is Gaga not outselling and outlasting her peers?

What massive promo for HC? It's less promoted than any Gaga era. Again: Give It 2 Me + Celebration had zero promo. And there's no need for me to spam the page again with the receipts you ignored. And once again... she was 50 and 26 years into her career. Talk to me 2034. Let's see how Gaga's doing then. 

And no, my receipts were not posted to serve that imaginary purpose of yours. My only point is that if you're a Gaga fan, then you're in no position to slam Madonna's longevity or her trendy collaborative efforts when Gaga is already at that stage in her career and she hadn't achieved 1/3 of what Madge has in her solo career. 

kudmips7890
12 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Nobody writes his opinions on an opinion board with the preconceived notion that these opinions want to be heard. Talk about absurdity. Now let's see you applying this logic on politics. :rip: Trump realness. 

Madonna's draw commercially in the U.S took a massive hit after Erotica and was pretty much demolished after American Life. But let's just pretend we're context blind and run with the vague, sweeping "it's simply a different climate!!" excuse - which you still haven't refuted my counter argument for that: if Madonna's longevity and success is merely a result of a past climate, then why is she and not anyone else the biggest female artist of all time? Why did she outsell and outlast all of her contemporaries? And consequently : why is Gaga not outselling and outlasting her peers?

What a jump to "applying this logic on politics." This is a pop music forum with the most absurd threads, conversations, and nitpick comparisons at time. No one here tries to shut another person down or make weak jabs? Sis, please. I'm weak that you think a person acting one way here means similar behavior can be applied to a political discussion. I never knew talking about pop artists was in the same vein as the same CNN roundtable discussions on the state of government affairs. What immense leaps just to attempt to drag me. Jesus Christ. First a STRAWMAN and then THIS. Talk about absurdity. :rip: 

What I ACTUALLY said was:

10 hours ago, kudmips7890 said:

If you want to nitpick, what I actually meant was "yeah sure, keep thinking those 25 years can happen in a similar climate as today." I even mention I think it's incredible any MPG can maintain a level of sustained success. I never brought up that Madonna's career WAS THE RESULT of a past climate. I said the peak years of her career and most of her sales happened during that climate. I never said she couldn't outlast and outsell her contemporaries NOR DID I SAY SHE WASN'T THE BIGGEST FEMALE ARTIST OF ALL TIME nor did I try to maliciously downplay the success she had pre-streaming era. I simply brought up she had features to nab a few hits and that she hasn't adapted to the current music climate well because you felt the need to be an obsessive OGH and looked pitiful doing so. I'm simply aware that times have changed and it's harder to sustain sales, careers, or the attention of the GP. What a successful career looks like during the streaming era will look vastly different from Madonna's numbers. Some can do it. Some can't. Some have an in between and all of it is okay. What the music industry looked like when Madonna was 34 is different from how the music industry looks today when Gaga is 34.

How has Gaga not outlasting or at least still on track with her peers lol? She's still in the public eye. ASIB and the soundtrack did well. She's clearly still around and she's recovered from being literal streaming poison just four years ago. I mean...she's clearly on your mind given who YOU are on this site. 

Why does she need to outsell anyone? Lol. Are you using the same "legend logic" I see in threads where sales define the legend and are the ONLY criteria for whether a musician has become a "legend?" Gaga is clearly doing fine for herself and that's that. 

16 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Talk to me 2034.

Oh, I need to speak to you until 2034? Is that, right? LOL. Is that when any real discussion on careers can be made? From that grand scheme? Then why you are here? Why do you post on so many Gaga-related threads? You clearly feel this is beneath you because you have your fave's 40+ year career or whatever to pull receipts from compared to the short careers of most of the the typical MPGs here. Why are you here then? What is the purpose and what could any of us possibly use with our faves' careers that don't even span half the time of Madonna's? It seems like you have a vendetta out for her and her stans. Is it really an imaginative receipt? You're on SO MANY Gaga posts. You drag the movie, the singles, previous albums. I'm sure there's evidence of you doing other stuff that I'm not gonna waste time to find. 

Why do you stalk topics relating to her or any other artist and shoehorn in Madonna's name and get snappy when someone gets tired of you. LOL. You have such an arrogant view of your music tastes from what I've seen yet you lurk on this site...for what? Sure, nobody writes an opinion here with the perceived notion for it not to be heard, but EVERYBODY knows what a pattern of behavior is and a pattern of OGH behavior is pitiful, annoying at best, and eye-rolling at worst. 

Sis, you are a TROLL who THINKS they can make a coherent argument (thanks for the politics comparison and the strawman).

I'm not continuing this LOL. Arguing with an OGH is pointless I'm over this discussion. 

perfillusion
2 hours ago, kudmips7890 said:

1. First of all, I haven't compared her to anyone? I haven't brought Adele or Taylor up and I haven't mentioned any of that. You really thought you did something didn't you? Way to put words I've never said or even thought of in my mouth lol. Still, what a great strawman you've put up. You really thought that type of bait works on me, huh? I dont have any "saving graces" for her, sis. I'm not that big a fan of her to begin with and I pick and choose threads that i think are completely absurd and are just bashing for no reason. 

3. If it's absurd to compare Gaga to Madonna given the huge difference in career lengths and age differences, why are you even doing it lol. Why do YOU engage? You're the on so many Gaga posts feeding flames. You're really on every one of these threads looking for SOMETHING to start something and get a weird satisfaction off of it. A gaga stan rub you the wrong way, sis? They're not all like that just like not all stans of any base are like the worse members but feel free to commit to hating on this one group of stans I guess. 

4. Did you mean the ARTPOP era where Gaga was being hammered with articles saying she was over, had a controlling manager, and her creative output stifled as well as affecting her mental health so bad she pivoted her career somewhere else? Don't see how that can affect first week numbers at all. Super Bowl six weeks before the album release sure is enough of a big stage and promo to me for a good few weeks of sales to me. But please don't be so confident promo would have been what could have made MDNA a sustained success. We all saw those critic reviews and no it doesn't blow ARTPOP out of the water. It's actually on par with her and the rest of her peers at the time. We also saw the intense promotion Hard Candy received and somehow only amounted to a fraction of her 2005 sales. But yea....promo would save an album equally as bad as ARTPOP. JT on 4 minutes, a record breaking tour, AND Celebration can't hold attention or momentum? Super Bowl with Nicki still wasn't enough? Ok, sis. Also, what are Rebel Heart's worldwide sales? Let's not focus on one region. Clearly with the evidence youve presented Madonna right now is better in every metric than Gaga in every way so how do those worldwide sales look like. I'm sure you'll give me an equally stale, tiring, and vitriolic OGH answer to chuckle over and forget. 

OT: 

Oh wow