Shinning

Was 'Shallow' Lady Gaga's last hurrah?

Shelter

How can anyone tell? It was obvious her new stuff wouldn’t have the same success as Shallow. 

Rico Shameless v2
2 hours ago, Pop said:

She just had a Top 5 hit despite the world being in shambles and having no possibility  of promo except dropping a video and Spotify ads on launch week. 

Try again. :rip: 

Not stopping ANYBODY else dropping new music and doing promo every week now :rip:

Mariano
47 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Not unless she partners with Bradley again 

Can't wait for Bradley's next smash movie. Hopefully it will do as good as ASIB, otherwise it would mean it was all Gaga :jonny5:

Rico Shameless v2
2 minutes ago, Mariano said:

Can't wait for Bradley's next smash movie. Hopefully it will do as good as ASIB, otherwise it would mean it was all Gaga :jonny5:

Imagine already preparing to drag a $3 billion actor bc ur fave continues to flop after his assistance :jonny5:

Hi_im_new

You know when you beating yo meat, and you get that last lil pump out at the end of your nut? That was what shallow is to her career. 

Robi

her last hurrah was with BTW

Shallow was joined project with Bradley and fluke nostalgia etc etc

G'Day
6 minutes ago, Hi_im_new said:

You know when you beating yo meat, and you get that last lil pump out at the end of your nut? That was what shallow is to her career. 

I- :dies:

ThirdWardBey
2 minutes ago, Robi said:

her last hurrah was with BTW

Shallow was joined project with Bradley and fluke nostalgia etc etc

Bmezy
41 minutes ago, Shinning said:

That’s 25% more of a #1 than Gaga will have again :sorry:

It’s also a #1 that would’ve possibly not come fruition (hence it stalling outside the gates at #14) had it not been for that ‘25%’ contribution. 

Rickk

1 hour ago, LewisK said:

Imagine being that angry at a woman. I'm not even gonna repeat facts against the trolls, Gaga is living a happy and successful life, trying to undermine her achievemts when y'all can't even reach a 1% of them is... I can't imagine sadder and more pathetic lifes. Use all that energy to try and make something yourselves instead of focusing all your jealousy on already successful people, thank you very much.

Million times this. People are so obsessed about her on this site it's unbelievable. Are these pointless threads necessary? I don't see them created about other artists that often. Just pointless, childish bickering comparing completely different things. Also, LM's need to grow up as well cause they lowkey dig this hole themselves dragging other pop girls for no reason and then whine when it backfires. Gaga releases what she likes and what she wants at her own pace and I doubt she's bothered about it as much as all of you are. 

Thickorita
28 minutes ago, Hi_im_new said:

:ahh:

Shinning
49 minutes ago, Hi_im_new said:

Brigitte Nielsen GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Feanor
1 hour ago, Mariano said:

$547.4M - American Sniper

$467.5M - Hangover

$436.2M - A Star Is Born

$251.2M - American Hustle

$236.4M - Silver Linings Playbook

$161.8M - Limitless

Bradley’s trajectory shows that he had plenty of non-franchise and/or non-sequel original movies that have been a smash at the box office, two which were even bigger than ASIB

So hopefully Gaga’s next movie will be as big as ASIB, or otherwise it’ll proof that ASIB was indeed all Bradley  :jonny5:

Mrguilbeaux
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, adelegend said:

Chromatica so far is doing worse than ARTPOP... after a hugely successful movie and soundtrack at that. It wasn’t like the situation with BTW to Artpop where she was clearly starting to decline.. She just had a massive moment barely a year prior to the start of the Chromatica era but it has her worst performing lead ever. 

Wait you’re saying a slow duet isn’t gonna reach the same audience as the dance pop sound she hasn’t tried to create since 2013?

thing is here only pop successes seem to matter which unfortunately for Gaga haters isn’t the only field she can and will succeed in. One single not doing amazingly is enough that she’s not relevant and will never have a single success again? It makes no sense. The thing thag kills haters is gaga can make fans every single day just by doing an interview and singing live. She may not get stupid love streams but she gets people’s respect. And she’s been impressing casual people with her vocals since forever and you can’t ever take that away from her. You can say the whole world forgets about her and she STILL could impress a room full of people who have no idea about her. If they like jazz, she can impress them. If they like Led Zeppelin she can do that too. It kills people on here that she’s versatile and doesn’t need dance pop to be relevant. She’s booking leading roles with iconic directors and has the respect of literal living legends but because of a top five debut she’s “over” like people are so narrow minded and intentionally short sighted

Edited by Mrguilbeaux

Mrguilbeaux
56 minutes ago, Feanor said:

$547.4M - American Sniper

$467.5M - Hangover

$436.2M - A Star Is Born

$251.2M - American Hustle

$236.4M - Silver Linings Playbook

$161.8M - Limitless

Bradley’s trajectory shows that he had plenty of non-franchise and/or non-sequel original movies that have been a smash at the box office, two which were even bigger than ASIB

So hopefully Gaga’s next movie will be as big as ASIB, or otherwise it’ll proof that ASIB was indeed all Bradley  :jonny5:

So when you look at all the oscars ASIB was nominated for they swept in nominations, right? Oh Bradley didn’t get a best director nom so obviously they weren’t going to nominate just anybody for anything they did. Gaga still gets tok nominations okay check. Wait you’re telling me Gaga Won the only Oscar for ASIB? Wait you’re saying that even a live performance of the song did THAT well? Wait, you’re saying that if it was two people with Bradley’s vocal ability it would’ve done just as well? There’s literally no way people actually believe this. You have to dig your feet in the ground and actually pretend she didn’t do anything to contribute just because you’re in some stupid stan argument lmao

JonginBey
2 hours ago, Hi_im_new said:

:deadbanana2:

Mrguilbeaux
2 hours ago, Breathe On Moi said:

Imagine that, I remember when all the fam bases used to say how insufferable the Monsters were tbh. Idk, would you call this some sort of karma or no? :noparty:

When one can directly look at a situation and realize they’re acting as an “agent of karma” instead of the bigger person then they’re permanently apart of the problem. You’re literally witnessing a situation where there’s unwarranted hatred and even though you know what that feels like you’re gonna dig your teeth in and join the feast because of some stan wars Britney got in last time she released music? God it’s stans like you that stunt EVERYONES growth (both Gaga fans and otherwise) like just be the bigger person and shut the **** up already. “Omg this is karma because people teased me about Britney not singing live anymore” like get a ****ing boyfriend, a hobby and find a little happiness from a place that isn’t getting back at the internet bullies that made you insecure about your favorite musician

Mrguilbeaux

Gee I hope that everyone’s “fluke nostalgia” grabs them the most awarded song of all time. I wish that for everyone. 

Breathe On Moi
1 minute ago, Mrguilbeaux said:

When one can directly look at a situation and realize they’re acting as an “agent of karma” instead of the bigger person then they’re permanently apart of the problem. You’re literally witnessing a situation where there’s unwarranted hatred and even though you know what that feels like you’re gonna dig your teeth in and join the feast because of some stan wars Britney got in last time she released music? God it’s stans like you that stunt EVERYONES growth (both Gaga fans and otherwise) like just be the bigger person and shut the **** up already. “Omg this is karma because people teased me about Britney not singing live anymore” like get a ****ing boyfriend, a hobby and find a little happiness from a place that isn’t getting back at the internet bullies that made you insecure about your favorite musician

:jonny6::rip: I don’t have a sig yet but this may be it! 

Mrguilbeaux
1 minute ago, Breathe On Moi said:

:jonny6::rip: I don’t have a sig yet but this may be it! 

I literally mean it towards every bitter ass ****** on this site that has to jump on the thread of the person they hate just to feel better about themselves. You’ll find little monsters on any katy page so I’m aware it’s everyone. But dude you’re so close, if you can notice it from the outside then help change it don’t just continue to add to the problem because you’re cooped up in your house. 

Shendelzare

The GaGa stans playing the victim like they didn't do worse :rip:

OT:  As solo artist, YES!

Feanor
29 minutes ago, Mrguilbeaux said:

So when you look at all the oscars ASIB was nominated for they swept in nominations, right? Oh Bradley didn’t get a best director nom so obviously they weren’t going to nominate just anybody for anything they did. Gaga still gets tok nominations okay check. Wait you’re telling me Gaga Won the only Oscar for ASIB? Wait you’re saying that even a live performance of the song did THAT well? Wait, you’re saying that if it was two people with Bradley’s vocal ability it would’ve done just as well? There’s literally no way people actually believe this. You have to dig your feet in the ground and actually pretend she didn’t do anything to contribute just because you’re in some stupid stan argument lmao

All that, and you still didn’t acknowledge what my post was about: Box Office numbers

They’re completely different and separate from what you’re even talking about :deadbanana2:

All I said is that as far as we know, Bradley Cooper was the main draw of ASIB, cause he has proven multiple times that he can carry a movie to huge box office numbers.

Maybe Gaga was also a big draw, maybe she wasn’t. We don’t know, cause she has never lead a movie besides ASIB.

Right now, the jury is still out on whether Gaga was a big box office draw or not.

If her next movie also grosses $400M+, like Bradley has done with two separate Original movies besides ASIB, then we can say she was.

If not, then it’s clear that Bradley’s drove ASIB’s box office, and he is clearly a bigger movie star, the numbers are in his favor

Mrguilbeaux
Just now, Feanor said:

All that, and you still didn’t acknowledge what my post was about: Box Office numbers

They’re completely different and separate from what you’re even talking about :deadbanana2:

All I said is that as far as we know, Bradley Cooper was the main draw of ASIB, cause he has proven multiple times that he can carry a movie to huge box office numbers.

Maybe Gaga was also a big draw, maybe she wasn’t. We don’t know, cause she has never lead a movie besides ASIB.

Right now, the jury is still out on whether Gaga was a big box office draw or not.

If her next movie also grosses $400M+, like Bradley has done with two separate Original movies besides ASIB, then we can say she was.

If not, then it’s clear that Bradley’s drove ASIB’s box office, and he is clearly a bigger movie star, the numbers are in his favor

In a movie about a singer being discovered and in a day and age where word of mouth and online reviews are performance and shallow was used as a trailer for the movie.. it is literally impossible to divorce the successes from Gaga’s. If she was bad it wouldn’t have done as well just cut and dry full stop that’s it. If shallow sounded corny or they didn’t have chemistry it wouldn’t have gained the traction that it did. Her being highly awarded and booking another leading role is indicative of not only fan support but mainstream success because they do testing for these things. Yes, we won’t know if she will be as big of a draw box office wise. What we do know is that even if it does well we will be told it’s because of Ridley Scott or how popular Gucci is. Gaga’s achievements will never be her own in plenty of people’s eyes. Ask yourself, Are you one of them?

Electric Youth

Bebe Rexha's top 80 hit impact

ashuduff

Y'all made threads like "Shallow plays in a gas station" or "Shallow back in the top 10 on iTunes Bulgaria" but this is too much? hmm :clown:

Someone link me to these posts please