? DIAMOND HIT ? Farewell / Next Season Announcement pg.328 ?

fountain

6 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

God no

I liked that imagery challenge too but it's quite alike the Pokemon challenge 

bring the art round back where you write a song based on a painting because it's similar but way better 

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• ceremonials

• Jackson

• Temporal

Top Posters In This Topic

Does repeating a line twice in a row count as rhyming?

like:

and when we go crashing down we come back every time

cause we never go out of style

we never go out of style

acceptable or not? @keshaspearsxo

2 minutes ago, Jackson said:

bring the art round back where you write a song based on a painting because it's similar but way better 

I don't really see the point because who regularly / repeatedly relies on paintings for inspiration? If you wanna use a painting for inspiration try it on your own terms but it doesn't seem relevant enough for a whole round

2 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Does repeating a line twice in a row count as rhyming?

like:

and when we go crashing down we come back every time

cause we never go out of style

we never go out of style

acceptable or not? @keshaspearsxo

Hooks are fine

2 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

I don't really see the point because who regularly / repeatedly relies on paintings for inspiration? If you wanna use a painting for inspiration try it on your own terms but it doesn't seem relevant enough for a whole round

a lot of artists? who regularly / repeatedly relies on pokemon types for inspiration or writes songs without rhymes? 

Just now, Jackson said:

a lot of artists? who regularly / repeatedly relies on pokemon types for inspiration or writes songs without rhymes? 

Who regularly relies on grass, fire, water etc. for inspiration? Looking at your last entry, you did

Writing without rhymes is about taking your writing outside of the standard box and trying unorthodox methods 

Just now, keshaspearsxo said:

Who regularly relies on grass, fire, water etc. for inspiration? Looking at your last entry, you did

Writing without rhymes is about taking your writing outside of the standard box and trying unorthodox methods 

I don't get your point @ the first statement.

The point is, if you're going to use a lack of practicality as an argument, the rest of the challenges should be equally practical.

And obviously I have nothing against this challenge since I came up with it

I'm really liking my song so far :duca: I'm really trying to not use any rhymes, so hopefully I don't accidentally include one lol

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

I don't get your point @ the first statement.

The point is, if you're going to use a lack of practicality as an argument, the rest of the challenges should be equally practical.

And obviously I have nothing against this challenge since I came up with it

Paintings don't have as much direct relation to writing as things such as collaboration (duet challenge), imagery (Pokemon challenge) and the upcoming round 6 and round 9 challenges so why would I dedicate a round to that? I have the challenges split up basically in two ways - those that directly relate to songwriting and the industry as a whole as above and those that are intended to challenge eg. being concise (Twitter challenge) and not relying on rhymes. The titles challenge is kind of seperable though as it was just for the 10th season

6 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Paintings don't have as much direct relation to writing as things such as collaboration (duet challenge), imagery (Pokemon challenge) and the upcoming round 6 and round 9 challenges so why would I dedicate a round to that? I have the challenges split up basically in two ways - those that directly relate to songwriting and the industry as a whole as above and those that are intended to challenge eg. being concise (Twitter challenge) and not relying on rhymes. The titles challenge is kind of seperable though as it was just for the 10th season

How does a painting challenge not relate to imagery more than the Pokemon challenge? :skull: If you don't want to do it that's fine but stop pretending it doesn't fit your season

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

How does a painting challenge not relate to imagery more than the Pokemon challenge? :skull: If you don't want to do it that's fine but stop pretending it doesn't fit your season

You're acting like writing a song dedicated to a painting is as common as using imagery themes such a fire water grass air etc. Paintings is random and irrelevant!

• ATRL Moderator

I submitted.  I think Pears will stan, worried about the other three though 

My song is ridiculous and amazing and awful and brilliant and I love it and I hate it. 

It's like the Red Carpet Funeral of sex songs. 

21 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

You're acting like writing a song dedicated to a painting is as common as using imagery themes such a fire water grass air etc. Paintings is random and irrelevant!

It is though :skull: