? DIAMOND HIT ? Farewell / Next Season Announcement pg.328 ?

fountain

Huge, heavy, sauntering - like a big bad guy walking down the street of an old Western town. I guess I overestimated its prevalence in literature. Saying you're shackled to chance, waiting for lightning bolts is a cute way of saying you're waiting to be inspired. I was just shading you, it didn't affect score at all. 

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• ceremonials

• Jackson

• Temporal

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Citrus said:

Huge, heavy, sauntering - like a big bad guy walking down the street of an old Western town. I guess I overestimated its prevalence in literature. Saying you're shackled to chance, waiting for lightning bolts is a cute way of saying you're waiting to be inspired. I was just shading you, it didn't affect score at all. 

Yeah I don't know what you expected from me, I don't read. :( Maybe I'd be a better writer if I did!

Self-portraits

POND-1.jpg 

c351ab4b9db84d85a8d4f2796c32caba.jpg 

0129203_PE283223_S5.JPG 

Shadow-iPhone-Photos-23.jpg 

image193.jpeg 

Collabs

pexels-photo-50628.jpeg

2016-summer-firefly-selects-spoon-and-tamago-1.jpg 

Lake_Erie_Connector.jpg 

e816df09fa724f8ba5604e6cd990494f.jpg 

It is 6 ****ing AM and I have Everytime We Touch blaring on loop in my head

I'M SO BACK AND I'M SO DRINK YAS

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

I'M SO BACK AND I'M SO DRINK YAS

Where is your English? :(

4 minutes ago, Hug said:

Where is your English? :(

Bitch I'm so Egyptian now didn't you get the memo 

Thank you @Hug @Temporal and @Citrus I love you with all of my heartgears Ill write a proper reply when I'm more less alcoholic 

Well the collab hints are pretty obvious. The self portraits are a little more confusing 

Just to let you guys know, my scores were close and I didn't really rank anybody.

Im #2 for Hug for both if my drunkalculations a4e corrext (asuming 8th is #1 for collab )

Just now, Aurora said:

Im #2 for Hug for both if my drunkalculations a4e corrext (asuming 8th is #1 for collab )

By default, all judges give a 10 to their collab partner. This was just how the challenge was designed.

Also, yes you're correct.

4 minutes ago, Hug said:

By default, all judges give a 10 to their collab partner. This was just how the challenge was designed.

Also, yes you're correct.

Hot

My first 10 from Temporal is.coming

Also ty

will do the rest tonight, or might bring my laptop to class and review there nn

Edited by swiftie13

It's 4am and I'm still a little tipsy admittedly but I wanted to make a couple brief comments since I'll probably wake after results:

@Hug I imagined the word choices were going to be a problem (as they have been all season) but I'm starting to think that's just part of my style. Perhaps it does inhibit connection or relatability at times but I almost feel like that's a negative I'll just have to accept rather than change my style to include more relatable language because I feel like when I try to be too relatable is when not me at my best, and I don't want to showcase that. Don't get me wrong, I do get the angle you're coming from, I just feel more connected to my work when others feel less connected to it... in a reverse Warholian ARTPOP type expedition, if that makes any sense at all. :lmao:I appreciate the comments on the collaboration and that you feel Temporal and I complimented each other well; that's one of the reasons I chose Temporal actually and I'm glad my intuition was right. I also don't think your outlook on me as a competitor this season is weird at all, there is definitely a "contestant past his prime" aura about me I feel and that's why I probably don't come across as one to watch or a threat at all. I have loved every minute of this journey, every song I've submitted (probably for the first time in a complete season) and all of the risks I've taken and boundaries I've pushed and will continue to push. You've been a great mentor and I look forward to continuing that long after our Platinum Hit days!

@Temporal I don't have a whole lot to say since you've already heard a lot of it through our collab, but you really were such a gem to work with. Even despite the different time zones you never once made it out to be a problem that I wasn't always online when you were, even despite my internet connection difficulties we managed to make it work and I'm really proud of what we did. I genuinely think we brought out the best in one another and that's an ideal collaboration to me. As far as my self-portrait song, the specific details you highlighted, the "paradox design", I'd recommend just going to Google Images and looking that up. That was my inspiration behind that lyric. The Penrose triangle or Penrose stairs in particular, an impossible shape that appears to have an end but really it goes on forever. Being trapped in that continuous loop yet there's always that illusion that you can see the end of a tunnel that doesn't really exist. "Forceful disillusion" is the realisation that something isn't as good as it first appeared to be being forced upon you, rather than you realising it yourself in your own time. “Bold imagination, truth abandoned for a phantom / A fanciful solution holds me captive in this dance” refers to the couplet just before, everything about the gear being misaligned (a metaphor for the beginning of breaking the cycle) was just a figment of the imagination, and the false hope of something changing keeps me in the cycle. "She doesn’t care I want to feel” refers to the personification of time, and that in time, deep down, I know I do want to feel all of those emotions; pain, love, fear, excitement etc. but I'm so reserved I can't bring myself to express that I want to feel those emotions and so I come across as... emotionless. But you and Hug both felt that there was some distance there which I can understand and appreciate, and perhaps it's true. I just can't shut down that part of myself completely, I guess. Thank you for everything this season and I feel like I've gotten to see a different side to you since I have never been a contestant under your mentorship before!

@Citrus had to do this in a separate post because the tagging feature wasn't working but I kind of screamed at the way you set out your reviews. I kinda felt like you were attacking me albeit in a friendly way which just tells me you have personality for days. I feel like out of all the judges, perhaps I'm wrong, but I do feel like you have the greatest appreciation for my use of - as it's been affectionately dubbed - thesausrus'd "pretentious dictionary music", which I honestly never intended to make any kind of thing, it's just how I write, so thanks for that. That aside, I understand why the song may be hard to connect to at times because of this (a common thread between all three judges thus far) but all I can say is as a therapeutic piece for me, it connects with me on an emotional level and perhaps I lack the skills to get that to translate into a more general relatability or emotional impact, but I would rather connect to it myself than have a more relatable song at the expense of feeling detached. That's just a personal qualm, I don't believe you're suggesting you'd rather that, but I didn't feel confident enough in my ability to make something that ticked both the strong general emotional connection and strong personal emotional connection boxes, so I just went for the one that mattered most to me. I hope you can understand and respect that. You've been probably the biggest surprise for me on the panel as I've been largely unfamiliar with your writing and sat out the season you won, but your reputation hasn't let you down and I'm glad you joined the panel as I feel your insights have helped bring a new dynamic to the competition.

^the way I wouldn't be able to write ANYTHING on that level even if I only had the wine at church

Story and making sense >>>>>> rhyme scheme and meter

Being able to pull off all four >>>

@swiftie13 can you quickly explain to me what "more" you were expecting on my duet? You kinda praised me throughout the review and then said "I was expecting a lot more" so I was confused 

Also, slay @ me being 2 and 3 for Hug. Maybe I wont get eliminated :duca:

I really wish there werent any tho. We cant lose any of us :sad: