JonginBey

Boys Love • Tune Into “Oxygen the Series” Every Saturday!

touya kinomoto
Posted (edited)

Let's make this official!

WELCOME TO ATRL's BEST BL SERIES RATE

gYYHRj6.jpg

(amazing banner made by @JonginBey again)

In this rate, we are gonna decide (hopefully fairly) the best BL series ever made. Let your voice be heard in this countdown.

RULES:

1. Each participant is allowed one list of 10 BL series ranked according to preference. Make sure your list is ranked accordingly as each spot has a corresponding score which you can see below.

Spoiler

1st = 12 pts.

2nd = 10 pts.

3rd = 8 pts.

4th = 7 pts.

5th = 6 pts.

6th = 5 pts.

7th = 4 pts.

8th = 3 pts.

9th = 2 pts.

10th = 1 pts.

2. You can only include any BLs whose pilot episodes were aired before August 30th, 2020, regardless if they were completed or not. Any upcoming series that will start airing after the said date can be included when we redo the list next year lol

3. Any sequels/special episodes will count towards their original series since they are mere continuation of their stories. For example, What the Duck and What the Duck 2: The Final Call is counted as one series.

4. Follow the format when sending your list: Title of BL series (country of origin). Also, you can add commentary or reason why you included that series on your list but it is optional. Any commentary will be used in the countdown reveal

Ex.:

1. Manner of Death (Thailand)

- The return of MaxtTul. PERIODT.

5. To make it a very exciting reveal, we will also vote for a few other categories, though this is optional. You can send at most 3 nominees per category, each one getting one point. The categories are as follows:

Spoiler

Best Intro - for the best opening montage and song

Best Song - for the best single song from a series

Best OST - for the best collection of songs from a series

Best Scene - for the best single scene from a series (please specify which scene; best to include videos or gifs)

Best Actor - for the best performance by an actor in a series (kindly specify which series is this especially if the actor appeared in various BLs)

Best Couple - for the best pair of characters (not actors) from a series

Mot Despicable Villain - for the character that was portrayed so well, that you hate him with passion 

Best Female Character - for the best girl friend our boys had in a series

Best Non-Thai BL - for the best BL series that didn't come from Thailand as we know the list will be dominated by Thai series

6. Send your list to me via PM with the subject "ATRL's Best BL Sereis". I will reply to you once I have received and verified your entry. I want to give everyone enough time to revisit shows that they have seen and also see new ones so deadline is on August 31st, 2020 11:59 PM GMT +8. Countdown timer can be accessed here.

7. Results will be revealed starting on September 12th, 2020 9:00 AM GMT +8.

8. FYCs or "For Your Consideration" posts are highly encouraged.

For any questions and suggestions, let me know here or through my DMs. Have fun!

Edited by touya kinomoto

touya kinomoto

Let's make this a fun experience for everyone, okay?

giphy.gif

touya kinomoto

:deadbanana2:@ the whitewashing

But the some of the baes of this base are serving ngl. Tay serving Vaccine Day Eleganza lol

If this was an ANTM photoshoot, who will get the first call out and who will be eliminated?

WeFoundWill

Let me get my list together 

giphy.gif

Almighty Gaga

Not the results being 3 weeks after the deadline.

giphy.gif

touya kinomoto
Just now, Almighty Gaga said:

Not the results being 3 weeks after the deadline.

giphy.gif

I changed it but I am still not sure. I want this rate to have the best presentation so the graphics may take time. But we'll see.

giphy.gif

Almighty Gaga
21 minutes ago, touya kinomoto said:

I changed it but I am still not sure. I want this rate to have the best presentation so the graphics may take time. But we'll see.

giphy.gif

That's fine sis. Take the time you need. After all we don't want the results to be @JonginBey'd

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Jk miss Keith

giphy.gif

touya kinomoto
9 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

That's fine sis. Take the time you need. After all we don't want the results to be @JonginBey'd

giphy.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Jk miss Keith

giphy.gif

Miss Keith will never hear the ending of that fateful yet iconic day huh?

giphy.gif

wolfaire
10 hours ago, rp662 said:

It was cute. The first half was recreating scenes from the show (I’m bald from the ramking sections) and the second half was them performing solo. MD (Thara) was the only one that didn’t sing apart from the finale group ost, instead just danced. Everyone served TALENT.

Lay, Inntouch and Nam served main pop energy. However, I’m most surprised by Inntouch considering he was my least favorite from the show.  He ATE the stage in all his performances. I am truly shook. :eek: He also had a cute moment with Rice that was well liked by the other viewers and I can see them being paired up in the series since Mek is gone (unless they pair Rice with Nam).

Afterwards, during the meetup with the cast, we basically only greeted them briefly since there was a lot of people to greet and they sang happy birthday to one of the viewers since it was her birthday. It was cute and enjoyable. :alexz3:

Aww that sounds like fun. And I've warmed up to Inntouch tbh. He can serve lewks sometimes although I am still indifferent about him

Perth looks so good from the pictures I've seen, especially during the boxing thing:wap:

wolfaire
2 hours ago, touya kinomoto said:

Let's make this official!

WELCOME TO ATRL's BEST BL SERIES RATE

Oh wow it's finally coming! :wap:

ALA

So we have all month, cool, have time to finish some shows :rip:

4Real
13 hours ago, M André said:

Hello Stranger feels a litle bit off but there's something about it that makes me want to keep wacthing :jonny5:

JC Alcantara's (Mico) immaculate acting perhaps?

touya kinomoto

We already have our first submission for the rate. :clap3: When will the others?

lol jk everyone has 20 days or so to send your lists. Also if I didn't tag you, don't hate me. That meant you haven't participated in any rates before but you are very much welcome to join us with this one.

Mix

OMG, it's time for the most acclaimed BL to take ha throne :gaygacat5:

Almighty Gaga

I feel like there should be a minimum amount of posts in this thread required for someone to be eligible to participate

giphy.gif

Babymomo

I will not be participating cause i havent watched nearly enough shows but i will say good luck to the girlies

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

I feel like there should be a minimum amount of posts in this thread required for someone to be eligible to participate

giphy.gif

I agree no fads!

giphy.gif

Symmetra

CTL is about to eat the girls :clap3:

Gabe²
15 hours ago, touya kinomoto said:

:deadbanana2:@ the whitewashing

But the some of the baes of this base are serving ngl. Tay serving Vaccine Day Eleganza lol

If this was an ANTM photoshoot, who will get the first call out and who will be eliminated?

I’m always surprised as much how Win is always so white washed :deadbanana2:

wolfaire
5 hours ago, Symmetra said:

CTL is about to eat the girls :clap3:

And that's on periodT!

Urezyei.gif

touya kinomoto
1 hour ago, Gabe² said:

I’m always surprised as much how Win is always so white washed :deadbanana2:

it's not just win. bright, singto and tay all look whiter than they really are. especially singto. he is the same complexion as off when off is miles whiter than all of them. :deadbanana:

rp662

The first episode for "My Day" the series is a hot mess but still enjoyable.

I'll keep watching for Sky and Ace, daddies.

1b287e94ac2f720b167cd4f540b09f947048e42f

ALA

I'm almost done watching My Day E1 and it's exactly what I expected when I initally thought of a Filipino BL ddd (there's even product placement for some skin whitening cream? I-)

I will admit the leads are cuter than I thought when I saw the trailer. And this is helping for my Filipino comprehension so I guess I will continue watching.

giphy.gif

ALA

Think I want the same tattoo placement as him with my birth year in roman numerals, I like it a lot :jonny2:

Almighty Gaga

Wait at Best Kiss winner Mr. Zach Lu being a real life daddy

ALA
3 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

Wait at Best Kiss winner Mr. Zach Lu being a real life daddy

Wait a minute at those pictures, kinda scary :rip:

Congrats to him though, and aww Fandy liked it :heart2: