Harry Styles - "Watermelon Sugar"

juancsantoyo

The way this took off wow.

For a song that's been out for so long and even was a promotional single before the album dropped. That's.... amazing.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SignificantOther

• More Than A Melody

• BoyAlmighty

• Starkboy

Wait this is actually smashing, SO deserved :clap3: 

this became one of the best eras in a while, didn’t expect it after the way they treated Lights Up

this was meant to be hit.  naturally pulling those numbers without big remix, big video.

shame they didn't push this as first single.

On 5/22/2020 at 7:27 AM, SignificantOther said:

They couldn't play the video card with Lights Up though, same with Falling. That's why I think Golden would probably be the best choice. 

Remix can work for both of them.

SinterFold_
2 hours ago, dussymob said:

Remix can work for both of them.

I could honestly totally see Lights Ip being released come Fall/Winter. With or without remix. I could also see it being huge and it being released with a VEVO Lift music video. I’m really curious to see how they go about this follow up to these two smashes. Both Falling and Lights Up can get the VEVO Lift treatment. Doja just rereleased Like That and it’s exploding on Pop radio. Until that time comes though let’s enjoy this throughout the summer and cross that bridge when it arrives :clap3:Maybe he will talk about the next single soon in an upcoming interview while this is exploding

2 hours ago, dansuxx said:

My remix of this! I think it could work on UK radio with some proper mastering:gaycat1:

This is actually not bad

this is a big f you for those saying songs can't smash in the streaming era after the album release. and this was also released as a promo single :dies:

UK

#10 Youtube

#18 Spotify

#30 Apple Music

#38 iTunes

this is gonna jump in the top20 already this week 

SignificantOther
23 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

this is a big f you for those saying songs can't smash in the streaming era after the album release. and this was also released as a promo single :dies:

UK

#10 Youtube

#18 Spotify

#30 Apple Music

#38 iTunes

I hope it goes top 10 there. His third top 10 of the era. :party:

Edited by SignificantOther
TalkThatRihanna
8 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

UK

#10 Youtube

#18 Spotify

#30 Apple Music

#38 iTunes

This. Even “Beautiful People” by Ed smashed as a post album single

OT: This summer smash :jonny6:

More Than A Melody

The streams increasing on a Saturday oh wow

I’m sure there’ll be a slight decrease for Sunday but I’m curious to see what happens next week

30 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

UK

#10 Youtube

#18 Spotify

#30 Apple Music

#38 iTunes

It helps that the song is A BOP.

The fact that Harry really struggled with it makes it all so much better. He said he started writing it in September 2017 and didn’t finish it until summer 2019. I’m so glad he didn’t just scrap it

Zayn Malik

Mess I didn't think this would do good tbh but looks like I was thankfully wrong :jonny:

SignificantOther
2 hours ago, BoyAlmighty said:

#79 on Apple Music :jonny:

#72 now. It's coming for Rain On Me's wig. :jonny5:

Edited by SignificantOther

I'm so happy this is smashing. Definitely one of my favorites off the album. I thought it won't be do anything considering it already a mini run as a promo single so I'm pleasantly surprised!

Imagine another top 10 on H100 :jonny: 

sexyback007

The stars are aligned for him and he deserves it so much, it really is an amazing album. A third smash after this would be the cherry on top but this song exploding will probably be enough momentum to carry him into the Grammy’s. He has a lot to choose from for a third single but he should focus on the experimental songs that showcase his artistry, I think he really has a chance to have a huge night at the Grammy’s but he’ll need to campaign.

TheseThingsHappen

This is such a great and catchy song.

Definitely among the best on the album.

And what a fun video! 

TheseThingsHappen
3 hours ago, Prismee said:

Golden has to be a single!

That would be my choice for the next single too.