RideOrDie

Marshmello & Halsey - "Be Kind"

Lady Claire
2 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

It's really weird how labels don't care anymore even when there's potential hits. Bad At Love was her biggest hit from her last album and that was released long after the album. After 2017 the only big stars who didn't abandon their era after their album release were Billie and Taylor but ATGGGTH and The Man were hardly pushed beyond their videos and TTH. I originally thought it was just Drake, Post, and Ariana being lazy about promoting but now it's the standard.

It's not laziness, it's the streaming era's effect. These days, artists have to make the era/release singles before the album and not after. If it's a standalone single, it gains more attention, more streams and as a consequence, higher peaks on Hot 100.

If it's an album track, the GP is not aware of the song that it's being pushed and there's like... 12 more songs as options that they could pick/gravitate towards to, that makes the streaming to split a little and make the song fail to be a proper hit, possibly.

That's also why artists are releasing new songs/deluxe versions just after the album release and releasing 3-4 singles before the record. i.e: Selena, Billie and Shawn with their new songs right after their records and Camila releasing half of Romance in advance of the album release.

Beyonnaise
2 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

It's not laziness, it's the streaming era's effect. These days, artists have to make the era/release singles before the album and not after. If it's a standalone single, it gains more attention, more streams and as a consequence, higher peaks on Hot 100.

If it's an album track, the GP is not aware of the song that it's being pushed and there's like... 12 more songs as options that they could pick/gravitate towards to, that makes the streaming to split a little and make the song fail to be a proper hit, possibly.

That's also why artists are releasing new songs/deluxe versions just after the album release and releasing 3-4 singles before the record. i.e: Selena, Billie and Shawn with their new songs right after their records and Camila releasing half of Romance in advance of the album release.

Very true. Gaga postponing is a no brainer if you think about it from a business perspective because the album release means the last single. I'm curious if Dua's team will try with one more after BMH because of the buzz over songs like Levitating.

Anyway, interested to hear what this sounds like, Wolves was that generic late 2017 hymn, I still hear it all the time.

Mark Rih
1 hour ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

I still don’t get why that’s the case. “Still Learning” for example has great streams for being far on the tracklist with no exposure to TTH. If it was added to TTH + radio I don’t see why it wouldn’t be a hit :huh:

Still Learning had some TTH exposure upon album release iirc

TalkThatRihanna
15 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

Still Learning had some TTH exposure upon album release iirc

I believe it was pushed on other playlists (like NMF & Pop Rising) not TTH

K$Ellie

I don't usually like her features at all or anything by Marshmello but yeah, I guess we'll have to see :gaycat4: only Damage and Boy With Luv were cute

Miles.

People saying what about Manic as if it had any more potential singles :rip: 

Hope this is a bop and not some cheesy empowerment anthem.  Hope the chorus is something like "I can't be kind anymore" 

State of Grace.

“Be Kind” ?

Love the GagaPrint :gaycat4:

Anyways, I’m perched. Hope it’s good and a smash for Halsey.

Bussea

Gaga better hop on the remix :clap3:

SchmoodRing
7 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Omg what, he really wants that smash after all his latest flops

Come on Halsey :jonny5:

He is long overdue and owes us so many promised collabs of the likes such as with 
Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes, Cardi B, 
Sabrina Carpenter, Madison Beer, Demi Lovato, Rita Ora, Anitta, Charli XCX, and Bebe Rexha

Ger-55

So here for this, here for Marshie's production to be dope and interesting and Halsey to go deep with lyrics.

Solgayleo

Title sounds corny, but this could very well be a summer smash. Halsey’s singles are usually all high quality but they seem to be hit or miss with the GP. Curious to hear it

Mark Rih
16 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

I don't usually like her features at all or anything by Marshmello but yeah, I guess we'll have to see :gaycat4: only Damage and Boy With Luv were cute

Die For Me > 

She made several points in that verse :jonny: 

Burqa
7 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

Die For Me > 

She made several points in that verse :jonny: 

Nicki's Monster verse was found dead in a ditch :jonny5: "caught the girls in your dms and took all them home" phew.... 

Mark Rih
1 minute ago, Burqa said:

Nicki's Monster verse was found dead in a ditch :jonny5: "caught the girls in your dms and took all them home" phew.... 

" Grew into a savage and that's why they gave this verse to me
Turns out at shows 'cause they turn out at shows
I sold 15 million copies of a break-up note
"

bitch :jonny5:

ReverseWarholian
On 4/25/2020 at 12:01 PM, Mark Rih said:

" Grew into a savage and that's why they gave this verse to me
Turns out at shows 'cause they turn out at shows
I sold 15 million copies of a break-up note
"

bitch :jonny5:

Ugh, she ATE that ****ing verse! Her mind :jonny5:

Should've been a single from HB.

The Mandalorian

Marshmello is one of my top favorites, currently. So looking forward to this! All of his music is golden!

Recluse

Hope she can serve us another "Closer" 

Maxiking0708

Its Coming This friday! 

gotportugal

I see a One Kiss-like run but switch the US with the UK..

SMASH incoming

MusicLoverDude

Hope this is a hit. Marshmello's moment has cooled after Happier since Here With Me underperformed and One Thing Right was only a moderate hit at best. And You Should Be Sad is on its way out so yeah, time to move on to a new single Halsey-wise.

ReverseWarholian

They both posted this on their socials.

lillavend3r
3 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Hope this is a hit. Marshmello's moment has cooled after Happier since Here With Me underperformed and One Thing Right was only a moderate hit at best. And You Should Be Sad is on its way out so yeah, time to move on to a new single Halsey-wise.

Ugh I'm still pressed about Here with Me flopping! It would've been bigger if CHVRCHES and Marshmello didn't had any beef. It peaked at #12 on Pop radio and spent several weeks inside the top 40 on the Hot 100

Rihlord

Can’t wait for this. Any tea ?

@RideOrDie

Joesuxx
On 4/25/2020 at 4:58 PM, Burqa said:

it’s so good - I added a solo edit to Manic just before I’m Not Mad and renamed it Geralds Interlude 

Mark Rih

So it's coming a week earlier than expected?