Almost Home

Bey's Lion King 3rd most profitable movie of 2019

BNF91
Just now, Coma Baby said:

You stated in your first post that you hadn't even seen it and now you wanna claim she was miscast (which is hardly even possible considering the fact that she had what felt like 5 lines and obviously slayed the musical numbers)? :dies:

The reality is

• The movie was successful 
  • Could have been more successful if it had actually been good
  • Beyoncé had nothing to do with its success 
  • Beyoncé also had nothing to do with the fact that it sucked

Both sides need to sit, actually. :dies:

Saw the trailer, heard her voice. saw the numerous negative reviews, confirmed my suspicions. Same story for maaaaany other people. Don't need to have seen the film to know when someone is miscast in one. The promo gave me all i needed to know about it. So yes, I can claim she was miscast. 

BNF91
16 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

There it is, the usual trope of the OBH claiming that we view Beyoncé as a God. :toofunny3: You will just have to stay mad, because she was cast, did a good job and the film was hugely successful. So the only thing you can do is whine and then get over it.

Criticism is welcomed when it’s valid and deserved, but you don’t get to post childish nonsense and then whinge when called out on it. That’s not how it works.

I'm not even an OBH :psyduck: I've been listening to Beyonce since Destiny's Child! Went out of my closeted ass way to buy her solo albums, everything. I'm pretty much a stan, I love her work. I can also see when she doesn't do things so well. But I'm an OBH because what? You called me out on, my criticism of her role in the film and the project as a whole itself? I provided my opinion on the matter and you said nothing but stay mad... who is the childish one?

The reality is the film gets constantly trashed on movie forums for being the epitome of what everyone hates about Disney rehashes/remakes. The box office performance, while still huge (guaranteed with a property like the Lion King) was short of prognosticators expectations. That was ALL legitimate, no matter how much you wanna say stay mad.. 

MrLovett
14 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

I'm not even an OBH :psyduck: I've been listening to Beyonce since Destiny's Child! Went out of my closeted ass way to buy her solo albums, everything. I'm pretty much a stan, I love her work. I can also see when she doesn't do things so well. But I'm an OBH because what? You called me out on, my criticism of her role in the film and the project as a whole itself? I provided my opinion on the matter and you said nothing but stay mad... who is the childish one?

The reality is the film gets constantly trashed on movie forums for being the epitome of what everyone hates about Disney rehashes/remakes. The box office performance, while still huge (guaranteed with a property like the Lion King) was short of prognosticators expectations. That was ALL legitimate, no matter how much you wanna say stay mad.. 

I didn’t say you were an OBH, I said you used the usual OBH troupe of immediately saying we worship her as a God because we defend her.

You have openly admitted to not watching the film, yet you’re acting as though she gave a bad performance and was miscast. That’s pretty childish.

Movie forums and critics are welcome to their opinions, however it doesn’t appear to be shared by the general public. It was also hugely profitable. So again, you’re just going to have to stay mad about it. Because no matter what you have to say on the matter, things will never change. Sorry bud!

BNF91

You insinuated I was an OBH by taking their behaviour and attributing it to my criticism. You didn't need to even include OBH in your response if you weren't trying to link me to them. Now it just looks like you're moving goalposts because anyone who reads that comment would easily assume you're linking me to the OBHs. You're bothered enough by a differing opinion that you had to provide a rebuttal for some reason. Like I said above, I saw the numerous trailers, saw the countless negative reviews, and as a "general public" moviegoer, made up my mind. There are so many roles out there that one doesn't have to have seen the film to know it was a miscasting. No need for you to tell me any of that because I chose to voice my subjective opinion on the project. The only person truly bothered here is the one who can't allow for subjective criticism of their fave without blasting out petty rebuttals like "stay mad". lmao

Idgaf if some of the general public liked it. There will ALWAYS be an audience for classic Disney blockbuster films, especially one that is a $250 million remake of the once biggest animated film of all-time. Not to mention summer movie market demographics where parents are taking their kids to see G and PG films just for the sake of killing time. I also don't care if things don't change. That's not what I was getting at even in the slightest. I'm saying in hindsight, the profit potential ceiling was much higher, it's too bad the project didn't reach those heights, and that's it. Don't be so upset by that statement that you need to refute. Just live with it. Buh bye now :gaycat4:

MrLovett

Guess people really will just have to stay mad about it. :clap3:

Assassin
On 4/24/2020 at 5:56 PM, Coma Baby said:

Only the worst 1B+ grossing movie of all time! :clap3:

The Transformers movies exist, hun.

LoveMe_HateMe

So the movie is hers, but the album is not? :dies:

MrLovett
12 hours ago, LoveMe_HateMe said:

So the movie is hers, but the album is not? :dies:

The way people on this forum just purposefully choose to be ignorant is such a kii. :rip: Like anyone is falling for your false narrative. :lmao:

My Tears Ricochet

Box office numbers won't change the fact Lion King live action was a tragic movie. Literally a stain on the legacy of the original Disney classic 

OnMyCoolJ
1 hour ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Box office numbers 

Declared it was a H I T. 

My Tears Ricochet
2 minutes ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

Declared it was a H I T. 

Who said it wasn't? :isudumblmao:

HASHTAGPOW

The essays here :bibliahh:

Almost Home
3 hours ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Box office numbers won't change the fact Lion King live action was a tragic movie. Literally a stain on the legacy of the original Disney classic 

The movie has an 88% audience score on RT (4.42/5 average score) from 77k of votes. The audience consensus is clearly favorable. :michael:

OnMyCoolJ
2 hours ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Who said it wasn't? :isudumblmao:

As long as you are well aware it outweighs your FLOPinion. 

My Tears Ricochet
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

As long as you are well aware it outweighs your FLOPinion. 

There's nothing called a FLOPinion. It's a personal feeling/view. Try again

Edited by My Tears Ricochet

Delicious

200.gif

OnMyCoolJ
1 hour ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

There's nothing called a FLOPinion. It's a personal feeling/view. Try again

The masses >>> your lonely wrong FLOPinion. 

stay fumed up. 

My Tears Ricochet
30 minutes ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

The masses >>> your lonely wrong FLOPinion. 

stay fumed up. 

A flop is something like a Beyonce album debuting with 50k sales and a Beyonce  soundtrack single debuting at #98 with a music video and a massive 1B grossing movie to support it,  aka something that can be weighed and compared. 

& even if we're talking about the movie, that 1B gross won't change the fact that  BEYONCE'S LION KING is a panned fad movie,  just like billion grossing Transformer movies with zero impact 

Bayouboy

The multiple pressed souls in here :skull:

SavagePapi

This thread.

A kiiiiii :sistrens:

Kula

so ridiculous, idk if beyhive are being serious or what??? "Bey's Lion King" :deadbanana2:

MrLovett
38 minutes ago, Kula said:

so ridiculous, idk if beyhive are being serious or what??? "Bey's Lion King" :deadbanana2:

The way you guys just choose to continually expose the fact you have no sense of humour and only care when something is directed at Beyoncé, is so weird. :rip:

Marla Singer

Depending on how long it takes for cinemas to go back to normal, if they ever do, this could be one of the very last majorly successful blockbuster movies of all time.

And ATRL is just going to have to find a way to live with that. :sistrens:

OnMyCoolJ
18 hours ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

A flop is something

you are.  continue to weep. 

Almost Home
On 8/1/2020 at 11:07 PM, Marla Singer said:

Depending on how long it takes for cinemas to go back to normal, if they ever do, this could be one of the very last majorly successful blockbuster movies of all time.

And ATRL is just going to have to find a way to live with that. :sistrens:

:sistrens: