nooniebao

Maxiking0708

Sounds like a bop :jamming:

dangerousalex

can she release an album :noparty:

nooniebao
6 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

can she release an album :noparty:

Needs a couple of solo hits first (see Mabel pre-Finders Keepers, Fine Line, Don’t Call Me Up)

dangerousalex
Just now, nooniebao said:

Needs a couple of solo hits first (see Mabel pre-Finders Keepers, Fine Line, Don’t Call Me Up)

it’s been years... and they chucked Decline and Cigarette into an EP instead of an album which might have been the worst decision ever. I can see her label compiling all her streaming collabs / hits into a bonus track disc 2 ala high expectations as the only way the album will be green lit for a release but flop single after flop single and collaboration after collaboration, it’s getting unbearable. Not to mention her label doesn’t really “promote” (not that you can nowadays) but they’re probably hesitant because she has a fanbase of about 60 people. The longer it takes the more people will (and already have) forget about her.

nooniebao
6 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

it’s been years... and they chucked Decline and Cigarette into an EP instead of an album which might have been the worst decision ever. I can see her label compiling all her streaming collabs / hits into a bonus track disc 2 ala high expectations as the only way the album will be green lit for a release but flop single after flop single and collaboration after collaboration, it’s getting unbearable. Not to mention her label doesn’t really “promote” (not that you can nowadays) but they’re probably hesitant because she has a fanbase of about 60 people. The longer it takes the more people will (and already have) forget about her.

Oh I’m not disagreeing with you. The Side Tape EP/mixtape you’re referring to should’ve been her debut album or should’ve been treated like Mabel’s Ivy to Roses by tacking on new singles and collaborations to gain certifications/SPS. Now she’s in the awkward position of not being a label priority compared to other young acts on Polydor in a similar lane but not really being a newcomer with that sort of buzz anymore either. Her debut album really should’ve been released in 2017/2018.

trainsskyscrapers

@dangerousalex @nooniebao

While she definitely has enough tracks compiled for a project by now, It seems like she's also been extremely smart and sold tracks she's written to other people. (Little Mix, Ellie Goulding, Beyonce, Quavo, Rita Ora, Hailee Steinfeld, DEV, Charli XCX, Madison Beer, etc.)

I'm sure she's fine not being a label priority because she's writing for their top artists already.

Like Kamille (Camille Purcell) and MNEK, the album will come out whenever it comes out.

Favourite song from her:

dangerousalex
1 hour ago, nooniebao said:

Oh I’m not disagreeing with you. The Side Tape EP/mixtape you’re referring to should’ve been her debut album or should’ve been treated like Mabel’s Ivy to Roses by tacking on new singles and collaborations to gain certifications/SPS. Now she’s in the awkward position of not being a label priority compared to other young acts on Polydor in a similar lane but not really being a newcomer with that sort of buzz anymore either. Her debut album really should’ve been released in 2017/2018.

MTE. They simply waited too long.

57 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

@dangerousalex @nooniebao

While she definitely has enough tracks compiled for a project by now, It seems like she's also been extremely smart and sold tracks she's written to other people. (Little Mix, Ellie Goulding, Beyonce, Quavo, Rita Ora, Hailee Steinfeld, DEV, Charli XCX, Madison Beer, etc.)

I'm sure she's fine not being a label priority because she's writing for their top artists already.

Like Kamille (Camille Purcell) and MNEK, the album will come out whenever it comes out.

well Kamille is in the same situation as Raye, if not worse because she gives all her hits away (besides Don't Answer which is a mega bop btw) and has only a handful of singles in her discography and an EP but no smash hits / collaborations under her belt which Raye can say she has a few of. However if you are going to market yourself as a recording artist but have your songwriting/pitching weigh over your own material and craft it's a recipe for disaster. Some have managed this really well (ie. Charli XCX) but artists like Raye and Kamille are definitely more songwriters than they are singers imo.

nooniebao

I also find it interesting that aside from All of My Love, her last two solo tracks have been a really nice change of pace for her. Please Don’t Touch in particular deserved to smash.

Ikejuju

RAYE keeps feeding us 😭😭😭😭

Mark Rih

Love this :smitten: the drop :smitten:

Maxiking0708

a bop :jamming:

Thickorita

this is AMAZING :jonny5: hope it smashes

reece(:

The drop :jonny5:

rooby.booby

I made a lyrics video for this AMAZING JAM. I'm obsessed with it.

dangerousalex

new peaks!

UK: #25(+5) (it's also #5 on the Dance chart)

Ireland: #28(+12)

it also charted on US Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart at #18 last week.

:whistle:

They better push this more, it could smash!

AlfonsoVM

A bop:katie2:

nooniebao
10 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

new peaks!

UK: #25(+5) (it's also #5 on the Dance chart)

Ireland: #28(+12)

it also charted on US Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart at #18 last week.

:whistle:

They better push this more, it could smash!

We need another solo single soon. Her recent EDM collaborations have performed decently so she should keep up the momentum.

nooniebao

dangerousalex
26 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

We need another solo single soon. Her recent EDM collaborations have performed decently so she should keep up the momentum.

she said in an interview with Capital FM that her next single is finished and that she sent it for mixing so! :siptea:

(I think she retweeted the clip on her twitter if you want to find it, it's fairly recent)

GustavoBardusco

Queen

dangerousalex

Scotland: #27(+72 :eek:) *new peak* :jonny:

also charted on Belgium’s Ultratip charts at #4 and #12 

kelly-clarkson
On 4/25/2020 at 5:12 AM, rooby.booby said:

I made a lyrics video for this AMAZING JAM. I'm obsessed with it.

Great video!! :clap3:

The song is a bop :katie2:

MutualCore

I am so happy to see her climb the charts somehow. Go RAYE!

hugonibs2

ugh this is such a bop. She needs a smash