• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Of Countdown

• J-esper

• Sr.lee

• Gavin.

1000formsofacting

I'm a fan of them since 2006 (14 years old) and let me tell you....child....I really LOVE this beautiful song! I mean, I don't know how to say it, but it sounds how Evanescence should sound in 2020. I love and admire Amy so ****in much, I hope the album comes in july or august with at least 16 songs like their last album. Long life Evanescence! You did it guys 💜

I think this is also the perfect single to release, I know we have not heard other songs yet but the song leans itself perfectly to be performed as piano version and with the band, so Amy could easily 'promote' it if she gets the oppertunity even if the rest of the band can't participate during the crisis

1000formsofacting
6 minutes ago, EDD said:

This is their BEST lead single ever like wtf!!!

Love it, and as @1000 forms of queer said, this is just how I imagined EV to sound in 2020.

Wow, still recovering from it.

I have it on repeat, I don't love a song so fast like in 3 or 4 years? And the thing is that it puts in me a lot of emotions, I imagine the videoclip, and when my last 3 relationships were with abusive guys, it really hits a spot in my heart 💜

High school me would be so mad at current me missing the YouTube live stream of the song  ::laugh:

but will definitely download tonight! Kinda shocked at the great response in here so my expectations have been slightly upped 

welp I found it :cm:

it’s very...different

don't dislike it and have no doubt it’ll grow on me even more but was shook at how it sounds

1 hour ago, musicman said:

Does this sample Radiohead - Creep? if not... lawsuit incoming

Bloop read this before listening and I can definitely hear it

2 hours ago, musicman said:

17 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

welp I found it :cm:

it’s very...different

don't dislike it and have no doubt it’ll grow on me even more but was shook at how it sounds

Bloop read this before listening and I can definitely hear it

Doesn't Creep basically sample a song as well :rip: I mean...

Ampersand13
49 minutes ago, EDD said:

This is their BEST lead single ever like wtf!!!

Love it, and as @1000 forms of queer said, this is just how I imagined EV to sound in 2020.

Wow, still recovering from it.

Better than Bring Me to Life? :jonny5:

It's one of my favorite songs of all time, don't play with me! 

Can't wait to give this a listen! 

3 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Better than Bring Me to Life? :jonny5:

It's one of my favorite songs of all time, don't play with me! 

Can't wait to give this a listen! 

It's really cinematic and intense, but less "metal" than BMTL, they're on par in quality but WOY is closer to the styles I like. You shall love it.

I find it hard to say if it is better or worse than any of their other singles. This one is very different. On one side it gives me the same vibes as a song like Swimming Home. While on the other side the way the song is build up and down througout the song is basically very different and instead of building towards a climax like with My Immortal, or even Lost In Paradise, this song feels like waves/currents, like it builds up, slightly builds down and then builds up again, if you get what I mean.

Also the song kinda feels like it can be played in a small venue but also a stadium, it is the perfect song for different settings. It has that sing-along-level and I can see fans duing shows shout the song back to the band.

Ampersand13
15 minutes ago, EDD said:

It's really cinematic and intense, but less "metal" than BMTL, they're on par in quality but WOY is closer to the styles I like. You shall love it.

This is absolutely GORGEOUS. That first chorus with the all the instruments :jonny5:

5 minutes ago, J-esper said:

I find it hard to say if it is better or worse than any of their other singles. This one is very different. On one side it gives me the same vibes as a song like Swimming Home. While on the other side the way the song is build up and down througout the song is basically very different and instead of building towards a climax like with My Immortal, or even Lost In Paradise, this song feels like waves/currents, like it builds up, slightly builds down and then builds up again, if you get what I mean.

Also the song kinda feels like it can be played in a small venue but also a stadium, it is the perfect song for different settings. It has that sing-along-level and I can see fans duing shows shout the song back to the band.

I completely agree. It's got such an interesting instrumental going from ballad like piano, to full rock band, and then back to a more quiet mid-tempo feel. It's such an experience to listen to, I'm really enjoying it. 

IMadeYouReadThis
2 hours ago, musicman said:

wait I kind of hear it asdfghgfdsasdfghjhgfds

IMadeYouReadThis

I'm really really enjoying this. Shocked at how they did THAT.

The bridge left me SHOOK to my core asdfghjhgfds

Lord Of Countdown

The song would be FLAWLESS if they've cutted the intro and made it start with the chorus and the drums/guitars.

Wasted On You

iTunes:

#1 Costa Rica

#4 Brazil

#4 Panama

#4 Slovenia

#8 Israel

#8 Mexico

#12 Poland

#16 United States

#18 Canada

#22 Finland