• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nooniebao

• ARISTOCLOW!

• Kyoto

• TMZ

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Cause none of her songs are as good as this?

sweetie...tate is #2 on TTH on Spotify despite only reaching #86 on Hot 100. How does that even make sense? And Josslyn is miles better than this Billie Eilish rip-off. Like this song...is a carbon copy of Billie Eilish and it's kinda embarrassing  :psyduck:

28 minutes ago, TMZ said:

sweetie...tate is #2 on TTH on Spotify despite only reaching #86 on Hot 100. How does that even make sense? And Josslyn is miles better than this Billie Eilish rip-off. Like this song...is a carbon copy of Billie Eilish and it's kinda embarrassing  :psyduck:

Well the song was going to be a hit already (it's also a hit on Apple Music), so what's the issue with it being #2 on TTH?

And I also want this to go top 10 so I can claim Billie's impact already :gaycat5:

16 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Well the song was going to be a hit already (it's also a hit on Apple Music), so what's the issue with it being #2 on TTH?

And I also want this to go top 10 so I can claim Billie's impact already :gaycat5:

sis...its clearly payola night and day. Why would a song be NUMBER TWO and the frontcover of the playlist if its BARELY scraping the hot 100? :psyduck: I mean Dynamite is literally #1 on the Hot 100 and it's only #3 on the playlist chile

On 9/13/2020 at 1:25 PM, TMZ said:

sis...its clearly payola night and day. Why would a song be NUMBER TWO and the frontcover of the playlist if its BARELY scraping the hot 100? :psyduck: I mean Dynamite is literally #1 on the Hot 100 and it's only #3 on the playlist chile

the hot 100 isn’t the only chart in the world and the song is clearly showing a quick early trajectory upwards everywhere including the US 

there’s no point yelling “payola!!!11” at just one song or artist. new artists have to break through somehow and clearly this song proved it was responsive to early playlisting and it got moved up quickly. 

also payola is ILLEGAL. 

1 hour ago, myles said:

the hot 100 isn’t the only chart in the world and the song is clearly showing a quick early trajectory upwards everywhere including the US 

there’s no point yelling “payola!!!11” at just one song or artist. new artists have to break through somehow and clearly this song proved it was responsive to early playlisting and it got moved up quickly. 

also payola is ILLEGAL. 

oh lord... :deadbanana4: an example of an organic semi hit was madisons selfish. the song was on the edge of appearing on the hot 100 however it was very low on today's top hits at like #40 or sumn and suddenly tate gets a #2 position? dont u think its so wrong and off or even a little fishy?

43 minutes ago, TMZ said:

oh lord... :deadbanana4: an example of an organic semi hit was madisons selfish. the song was on the edge of appearing on the hot 100 however it was very low on today's top hits at like #40 or sumn and suddenly tate gets a #2 position? dont u think its so wrong and off or even a little fishy?

the Tate song is responding extremely well in proportion with its playlist exposure. it’s #15 WW and #16 USA. it clearly showed this potential early on for it to get moved upwards so quickly. 

there are always songs/artists that get pushed to the forefront of Spotify. Billie, Zara Larsson, Dua Lipa and Ava Max all brokethrough during the streaming era thanks to early playlisting of their songs. in the digital era, the equivalent would be new artists securing early airplay for their songs and building from there.

music gets tried and tested so radio programmers or streaming platforms obviously won’t push a song if it hasn’t responded well. i have no doubt that certain artists can pull strings and tap into industry connections, but there are more factors behind the scenes than just “payola”. 

6 hours ago, TMZ said:

She performed on the VMAs , Artist on the rise via youtube , has alot of eyes on her right now and has gotten plays since it came out. So what if she struck a Spotify deal.

58 minutes ago, LCTV said:

She performed on the VMAs , Artist on the rise via youtube , has alot of eyes on her right now and has gotten plays since it came out. So what if she struck a Spotify deal.

lol. finally someone admitting it. :psyduck:

Just discovered this song, I love it, wow so emotional, the production is so haunting. Very promising girl! Hope she does amazing with this one.

I'm thrilled she's blowing up but I'm shocked it's this song over Vicious and All My Friends Are Fake.  Those seemed to have more hit potential to me.

Also, yes she's a Billie clone but Billie's recent songs have been about as exciting as dishwater so the world needs Tate.  

Edited by Miles.