Janet Jackson

Bitchcraft

Bloodflowers.

Runaway was so ahead she had to remake it again with Doesn't Really Matter :jonny: 

• Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jdmc219

• eli's_rhythm

• Tremor Christ

• Moth 2 The Flame

Tremor Christ
16 hours ago, Aerosol said:

Damita Jo sucks. Like, I love most of the songs, but it still sucks. In terms of the albums that are widely considered "yeah that's Janet" albums,  i.e Control-DJ + Unbreakable, Damita Jo is the worst. It was her biggest misstep up until that point. That should make sense to most fanbases I think. Like most girls have an album that you love but really made no goddamn sense to release at the time. The complete lack of subtlety on the sex tracks (this was apparent on AFY too, with the trash Would You Mind, but she got away with it because there were so many other good tracks) , the dummy bitch "I'm covering my boobs now teehee" cover, the whole thing is just so unbecoming (tm Blackglama). The whole project is such a straight line. There are no highs and lows, it's mostly so ****ing mid-2000s R&B bland with only All Nite being called out again and again by FOMOs because that's the only kind of soundwaves their ears can hear. She really became just any other girl with the material during those years.

I like Damita Jo but you do make some points (+ Would You Mind is amazing :fish2:)

PopThatCorn
6 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

kskskssksk I only agree with All Nite part :fan: 

Damita Ho is such a coheseive project. Her album with the most smooth transitions. Yeah songs like Ex, Wartm and Moist are super duper trashy and cringey, but it's different :cm: 

I Want You, My Baby, SloLove, R&B Junkie, even the first short Spotify'd songs (Damita Ho and again ahead of her time with that one) are great!

Janet would've obliterated Alicia Keys with I Want You, but she never got a chance because of that goddamn Superbowl stunt. Ughh, I wish sometimes we lived in an alternative universe to see how properly that era would've rolled out + Damita Ho tour!

m4qRs2B.gif

The way you spilt with this. :soda:

I also love how the first three tracks of Damita Ho are super short which is different for Janet since most of her albums have really long intros and tracks etc. Also not having the singles at the front, it definitely feels like a complete project. I love the Spending Time With You - Island Life transition.

Thinkin Bout My Ex is the only real abomination on the album. That song has the flavour of a low sodium saltine cracker. Janet’s harmonies and the bridge is cute but whew Babyface did her dirty with that one.

Bloodflowers.
20 minutes ago, PopThatCorn said:

The way you spilt with this. :soda:

I also love how the first three tracks of Damita Ho are super short which is different for Janet since most of her albums have really long intros and tracks etc. Also not having the singles at the front, it definitely feels like a complete project. I love the Spending Time With You - Island Life transition.

Thinkin Bout My Ex is the only real abomination on the album. That song has the flavour of a low sodium saltine cracker. Janet’s harmonies and the bridge is cute but whew Babyface did her dirty with that one.

18 minutes ago, PopThatCorn said:

And then she had the nerve to do another terrible song with the same concept two albums later and it's like ma'am this didn't work the first time.

PopThatCorn
18 minutes ago, Aerosol said:

And then she had the nerve to do another terrible song with the same concept two albums later and it's like ma'am this didn't work the first time.

:ahh:

Damita and 20 haters really need to come together and fight the real evil which is Discipline. 

Bathroom Break (Interlude) being an actual track in her discography. :skull: 

Bloodflowers.

The only albums I have yet to FULLY listen from the beginning to end are JJ, Dream Street, 20 YO and Discipline. Now only 20 YO excites me just a little bit, don't know if I should waste my time even on Discipline, I luv Rock With U and Feedback (that period line prevented Janet from going top 10) but LUV that y'all hyped being the only good song sounds dry as Janet's energy on her tour concerts post AFY. I'm scared what the rest sound like and how they will bore me to death.

britneyentrima4cm3.gif

1 hour ago, PopThatCorn said:

q3PzyEL.png

That song was a GEM! 

3 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

The only albums I have yet to FULLY listen from the beginning to end are JJ, Dream Street, 20 YO and Discipline. Now only 20 YO excites me just a little bit, don't know if I should waste my time even on Discipline, I luv Rock With U and Feedback (that period line prevented Janet from going top 10) but LUV that y'all hyped being the only good song sounds dry as Janet's energy on her tour concerts post AFY. I'm scared what the rest sound like and how they will bore me to death.

britneyentrima4cm3.gif

I mean it's worth giving a try because you never know what songs might hit you, but yeah people who hype up Luv are... :doc:

3 hours ago, jdmc219 said:

q3PzyEL.png

That song was a GEM! 

It had her worst songwriting ever up until that point. The listing of the different places she's missing her ex? :toofunny3: Idiotic.

8 minutes ago, Aerosol said:

It had her worst songwriting ever up until that point. The listing of the different places she's missing her ex? :toofunny3: Idiotic.

It's a great sad love song. I can actually picture the MV in my head if there was one. It's THAT good. I kinda get your disgust for Never Letchu Go (if something is broke, let me go and fix it :dies:), but TBME is miles better.

5 minutes ago, jdmc219 said:

It's a great sad love song. I can actually picture the MV in my head if there was one. It's THAT good. I kinda get your disgust for Never Letchu Go (if something is broke, let me go and fix it :dies:), but TBME is miles better.

I was actually going to mention Never Letchu Go for that exact lyric as well, but I figured I've said it plenty of times. The fact that she didn't write either of these songs. She really should have trusted her earlier career instincts and made sure she had her stamp on the songwriting always.

Can be talk about how useless her social media presence is? What an annoying Facebook auntie. She/her team with these stupid platitudes and lame reposts. Like, maybe it's a good thing that she literally has no stance on anything anymore because she'd eventually be dragged for posting something problematic, but it's just so...find a purpose again.

20 Yawns, Old. She's become so beige.

Bloodflowers.
11 hours ago, Aerosol said:

I mean it's worth giving a try because you never know what songs might hit you, but yeah people who hype up Luv are... :doc:

currently finally blasting 20 YO album and so far the intro is the best interlude she has done so far. The way Janet said I had enough of being woke, lemme just continue be a hoe, enjoy!

tenor.gif

Bloodflowers.

alright 20 YO is... cute?

I mean, the songs are all alright but forgettable with the exception of So Excited which is a bop. Other songs are cute. I like intro and outro.

Now listening to Discipline. The intro serving some TLC - FanMail vibes, I like it!

Mess at her having a song/interlude deadass being titled as "Bathroom break".... I-

jOzS7pd.thumb.png.35e732f512b3741e8ddc18

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

I mean, the songs are all alright but forgettable with the exception of So Excited which is a bop. Other songs are cute. I like intro and outro.

Now listening to Discipline. The intro serving some TLC - FanMail vibes, I like it!

Mess at her having a song/interlude deadass being titled as "Bathroom break".... I-

jOzS7pd.thumb.png.35e732f512b3741e8ddc18

Well at least you thought it was cute. That's really all there is to it. 

But wait. Did you enjoy Daybreak and Enjoy?

currently finally blasting 20 YO album and so far the intro is the best interlude she has done so far. The way Janet said I had enough of being woke, lemme just continue be a hoe, enjoy!

tenor.gif

:ahh::ahh: Pretty much! "Act bad. Don't hurt me. Look sexy. Talk dirty!"

PopThatCorn

Enjoy from 20 is one of ha best songs. Also check out the Japan bonus tracks Roll Witchu and Days Go By. Those two are real jems and should’ve been on the main album. 

allforyou

The fact that 20 Y.O. was gonna be a dance album but ended up being a cheap copy of TEOM :toofunny3:

7 minutes ago, allforyou said:

The fact that 20 Y.O. was gonna be a dance album but ended up being a cheap copy of TEOM :toofunny3:

Well it's in the middle. Like a "club" album. 

Bloodflowers.
3 hours ago, jdmc219 said:

Well at least you thought it was cute. That's really all there is to it. 

But wait. Did you enjoy Daybreak and Enjoy?

On my second listen, I LUV 20 YO even more! Its so careless and fun! The reason why this album deserves lashings is for that lazy album title and an ICONIC album cover to represent it, not a Ciara knockoff.

q3PzyEL.png

3 hours ago, allforyou said:

And she gave you Discipline that you wanted 2 years later.

q3PzyEL.png