Garth Brooks has the best-selling album of the last 3 years?

DesiredConsternation

So i was checking the RIAA database and apparently the best selling album since 2018 is Garth Brooks' triple live album. Also he has the highest number of diamond albums (7) :skull:

How is he able to game the system and other artists aren't?

Country Music Fans are loyal and you’d find some artists have multi-platinum albums and some have outsold Pop stars. 

9 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

Tour bundles 

Doesn't everyone do those? I don't think that's where his boost comes from. Even Chartmasters did an article about him but didn't really explain how he manages to rig the RIAA. This is a case for the FBI

49 minutes ago, DesiredConsternation said:

So i was checking the RIAA database and apparently the best selling album since 2018 is Garth Brooks' triple live album. Also he has the highest number of diamond albums (7) :skull:

How is he able to game the system and other artists aren't?

in past RIAA would certify his double albums twice the real units sold....so if his double album sold say 3mn copies riaa would consider that 6X platinum.

I assume that for his 2018 triple album you should just divide the RIAA certification by 3 to get a real number.

15 minutes ago, www said:

in past RIAA would certify his double albums twice the real units sold....so if his double album sold say 3mn copies riaa would consider that 6X platinum.

I assume that for his 2018 triple album you should just divide the RIAA certification by 3 to get a real number.

Does that count for double albums released by other artists? 

3 minutes ago, DesiredConsternation said:

Does that count for double albums released by other artists? 

Yes it does

Because everyone appreciates a bit of girth

Probably but if it’s triple disc, it means that you should divide by 3 to get the real amount sold. Basically each disc has a certification. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.