Eurovision Song Contest 2021 | Måneskin win with 524 points!

Queen Conchita

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bicassie

• Pendulum

• DUA LIPA

• Valtersen

So is Denmark flopping or nah? I guess Portugal will be the old school one to qualify? 

16 minutes ago, Komet blu said:

Press polls are kinda tricky, tho. Remember when Blackbird won one and then failed to even qualify, but City Lights got literally zero points and then finished 4th? 

It's gonna be interesting to see if something similar happens to some entries this year.

yeah and the press doesn't really know how the jury and public are actually going to react to something. i mean the public is a bit easier to predict i guess but especially the jury can be totally random and just ignore some songs while heavily pushing some others that nobody expected to get a push as big as that (Tamara Todevska).

20 minutes ago, Komet blu said:

Press polls are kinda tricky, tho. Remember when Blackbird won one and then failed to even qualify, but City Lights got literally zero points and then finished 4th? 

It's gonna be interesting to see if something similar happens to some entries this year.

oh god Blackbird is such a good and underrated song it deserved to be in the grand final in 2017

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DUA LIPA said:

yeah and the press doesn't really know how the jury and public are actually going to react to something. i mean the public is a bit easier to predict i guess but especially the jury can be totally random and just ignore some songs while heavily pushing some others that nobody expected to get a push as big as that (Tamara Todevska).

Let's not go there with North macedonia. We all know why jury gave her 4.place. It was probably agreed on EBU level because they changed country's name and ended 30 year old beef with Greece. 

Edited by hummingbird12

Friday and Saturday are going to be very boring days for rehearsals, i mean we're going to get some TV snippets but it's only so weird on those two days when we'll only get 8 per day, when it's almost double the performances the two days before. 

Albania is so underrated smh. I hope Miss Anxhela pulls through

Based on the rehearsal so far, my top three are Cyprus, Ukraine, and Albania :gaycat4:

the fact that Ukraine and Russia are gonna eat everyone up tomorrow (along with Cyprus maybe):jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:

1 minute ago, hummingbird12 said:

Let's not go there with North macedonia. We all know why jury gave her 4.place. It was probably agreed on EBU level because they changed country's name and ended 30 year old beef with Greece. 

the song and performance were such jury bait, do u also think the ebu agreed to randomly award austria their jury win the year before? 

2 hours ago, Mariano said:

They are shook and both of them cried :skull: William thinks she actually has a shot at winning :eek:  

Its about time GODlgaria wins #JusticeForBones

• ATRL Moderator

I really liked Bones as a song, but as a performance it served me Christian band at a mega church.  

Ana Soklič is getting the Tamara Todevska Jury Points Award this year. The juries eat up a schmaltzy park and bark, and EBU is desperate to keep smaller countries interested in competing.

4 minutes ago, Gogetonthebus said:

Ana Soklič is getting the Tamara Todevska Jury Points Award this year. The juries eat up a schmaltzy park and bark, and EBU is desperate to keep smaller countries interested in competing.

We love a good vocalist.:flame::flame::flame:

Polegend Gagaregend

Sallah Nielsen

Demon Im

yeah Bones (song) was like trendhopping i guess but it wasn't a bad song although generic (which is totally fine with me) the live performance was a mess though, all those deliberately chosen camera shots and angles, the effects, and it all didn't work out well at all idk what their issue was that they didn't manage to get any of them look right. and i won't comment on legend dollar store sia's vocals

1 minute ago, DUA LIPA said:

yeah Bones (song) was like trendhopping i guess but it wasn't a bad song although generic (which is totally fine with me) the live performance was a mess though, all those deliberately chosen camera shots and angles, the effects, and it all didn't work out well at all idk what their issue was that they didn't manage to get any of them look right. and i won't comment on legend dollar store sia's vocals

Not u calling Bones generic out of all the Eurovision dated generic songs :rip:  You'r saying it only cuz it sounded very well done and modern, let's be real :skull: 

17 minutes ago, Mariano said:

Not u calling Bones generic out of all the Eurovision dated generic songs :rip:  You'r saying it only cuz it sounded very well done and modern, let's be real :skull: 

mm it does sound generic in the Sia'd way, it's not generic in the same way as let's say Ireland's 22 attempt at whatever was.

Bones was one of the most artificial performances ever. Bulgaria is the new Azerbaijan 

REYZuhm.gif

the common framework will live on forever as eurovision legends just for the messiness of it all

Ilse DeLange said she wants to return to Eurovision, Rotterdam 2023 confirmed :WAP:

9 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Ilse DeLange said she wants to return to Eurovision, Rotterdam 2023 confirmed :WAP:

she was just on that german singing show thingy she better compete for her big 5 neighbour :jonny5:

10 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

I really do not understand what's so special about her...

Anyway, Bulgaria and Switzerland were great today.

7 minutes ago, DUA LIPA said:

she was just on that german singing show thingy she better compete for her big 5 neighbour :jonny5:

Wasn‘t that the dancing show Let‘s Dance?:rip:

Bones was a fantastic song. I still listen to the instrumental version. I remember they were favorites to win at some point. The performance was just not it. Not to mention Sia faking the last note.

REYZuhm.gif

https://www.instagram.com/p/COq-gRAhn1b/

Here's the leak of the end of Romania's rehearsal if somebody didn't catch it. Her major stage freight and atrocious vocals aside, this is quite underwhelming for the finale of a song, both the staging and the camera work seem very uneventful. If they don't fix most of the mentioned things, this is a safe NQ :skull: