ConceptD

Scream 5 | January 2022

rN820

I really wish it was called  5CREAM

Dula Peep
2 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

Judy Hicks was purposely creepy and suspicious by Wes Craven as he wanted to place her as a red herring to throw the audience off. Same with Trevor. 

But that doesn't mean she won't be the killer or somehow involved in the next film. However, let's be honest - will the GP really remember her character? 

Probably not, Scream 4 didn't do too well at the BO so I can see them kinda forgetting about it (Sorry Kirby STANS :noparty:)

Also Kevin Williamson is Exec Producing and he basically left halfway through Scream 4 and the guy who wrote Scream 3 picked up/finished it. 

So I doubt there will be much connection to Scream 3 or 4 in this one. 

Im kinda stanning SARA already if this is true.... :party:

Versayce
4 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

It's probably best if they moved onto a new story with a copycat killer that watched STAB one too many times. Even though the reception to Scream the TV Series was pretty mixed, I really enjoyed it. I think it proved that they can move on to a new story with new characters and still have it be interesting.

That wouldn't be a bad idea tbh. Before the franchise becomes repetitive, it would be interesting to bring a completly new plot without ignoring the original. Kevin Williamson said that the movie will be original and inventive, so maybe he's referring to that change of direction...

Versayce
3 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

However, let's be honest - will the GP really remember her character? 

Only if she gets killed by a hard and dry lemon square.

Bombshell

Sidney and Gale better survive!! 

Chamoy
12 minutes ago, Bombshell said:

Gale better survive!! 

Oktober Knight
18 minutes ago, Bombshell said:

Sidney and Gale better survive!! 

6 minutes ago, Chamoy said:

They originally had planned to kill her in S4 and Courtney even begged to be killed and they made her live. So Gale ain't safe. Sorry wh0res. 

Dula Peep

Dewey is definitely expendable 

Considering David and Courteney divorced in rl I wonder if their characters will also divorce 

Versayce

I want Sidney to slap Gale again.

Dula Peep
On 8/5/2020 at 4:59 AM, Versayce said:

VvjK.gif

Hurem

I need some news on this. :wap: I've rewatched all four films recently and I NEED a new one. What an iconic franchise. :jonny5:

SchmoodRing
On 8/2/2020 at 2:19 PM, Versayce said:

Selena was considered to play Jill Roberts in "Scream 4" so it could be that they have decided to cast her this time.

Dx it kind of bothers me that she's always playing white woman ☠ like selena being Sydney niece? Yeah ok 👌 🙄 😒 

On 8/2/2020 at 1:04 PM, Kevin2803 said:

If she will be in it, she will probably be killed off in the opening scene

She needs an epic Drew Barrymore type of sequence

On 8/4/2020 at 11:41 AM, Dula Peep said:

Yeah, but if they are going to continue on with this series we need new, fresh characters and story. 

The Sid/Gale/Dewey story is pretty much finished. I just don't hope they pull a Star Wars and ruin these characters legacy by killing them off immediately. 

If that's the case they just need to create a Scream universe. Fans of the franchise love the characters so they'd have to be back. We don't need them going the Charmed remake route.

SchmoodRing
On 8/4/2020 at 1:11 PM, rN820 said:

I really wish it was called  5CREAM

This. Would be cute 😆 like they did with SCRE4M, SCR3AM

On 8/5/2020 at 4:59 AM, Versayce said:

I want Gale to slap her back

On 8/4/2020 at 3:24 PM, Dula Peep said:

Probably not, Scream 4 didn't do too well at the BO so I can see them kinda forgetting about it (Sorry Kirby STANS :noparty:)

Also Kevin Williamson is Exec Producing and he basically left halfway through Scream 4 and the guy who wrote Scream 3 picked up/finished it. 

So I doubt there will be much connection to Scream 3 or 4 in this one. 

Im kinda stanning SARA already if this is true.... :party:

If Kirby was alive it would've been made clear. Homegirl was gutted then and there and left for dead. Let it go y'all 

On 8/4/2020 at 4:54 PM, Versayce said:

That wouldn't be a bad idea tbh. Before the franchise becomes repetitive, it would be interesting to bring a completly new plot without ignoring the original. Kevin Williamson said that the movie will be original and inventive, so maybe he's referring to that change of direction...

I'm not sure i want Sidney to live like homegirl must be tired of all of this 

On 8/4/2020 at 4:57 PM, Versayce said:

Only if she gets killed by a hard and dry lemon square.

If they pull through with Dewey and Gail being divorced she can be not only Dewey's partner professionally but personally too and can also be killed off for all i care lol 

On 8/4/2020 at 6:03 PM, Oktober Knight said:

They originally had planned to kill her in S4 and Courtney even begged to be killed and they made her live. So Gale ain't safe. Sorry wh0res. 

She needs to have an epic chase death scene. Her and Dewey need to bite the dust for good this time. If even Courtney wanted her gone then let it be. 

On 8/4/2020 at 8:07 PM, Dula Peep said:

Dewey is definitely expendable 

Considering David and Courteney divorced in rl I wonder if their characters will also divorce 

They both need to die. One of them needs to be the opening kill for sure. Him being the sheriff and being killed off can definitely set off the story. 

9 hours ago, Hurem said:

I need some news on this. :wap: I've rewatched all four films recently and I NEED a new one. What an iconic franchise. :jonny5:

What was the original idea for the Scre3m or what could've been because for me that one is the weakest link for sure

Versayce
Posted (edited)

They have to make the audience think anything could happen again, repeat the same feeling they did with Drew Barrymore, and killing off one of the main trio at the start would be perfect. It has to be Sidney or Gale. Not Dewey. It would be more thrilling if Sidney or Gale dies, than if Dewey do cause most of the fans wouldn't mind if Dewey dies. Gale betta deliver an iconic line prior her death if she's the one to bite the dust.

I wonder why they didn't release a first official poster yet...

Edited by Versayce

Kevin2803
4 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

If Kirby was alive it would've been made clear. Homegirl was gutted then and there and left for dead. Let it go y'all 

Didn't Wes Craven himself say that he left it open (if she died or not) on purpose?

Hurem
4 hours ago, Versayce said:

I guess they don't wanna release it too early. They'll probably start rolling things out when the production plan is set in stone.

I kinda want a Halloween release, but waiting for a whole year would be... :jonny2:

Oktober Knight
6 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

😆

What was the original idea for the Scre3m or what could've been because for me that one is the weakest link for sure

Scream 3 had several different storylines at first. One was there were a to be multiple killers that were part of a cult lead by Woodsboro High School principal's daughter. 

Another had Stu being the mastermind (still alive, from prison) behind another attack on Sidney. 

Another was a less comedic version of Scream 3 than what we received. The opening scene was to have Sidney throwing a dinner party at her home and they get attacked by the killer. Sid kills Ghostface in the opening scene and it was just some crazed fanatic of the Stab films which scares her enough to go into hiding and changing her name. 

4 hours ago, Versayce said:

They have to make the audience think anything could happen again, repeat the same feeling they did with Drew Barrymore, and killing off one of the main trio at the start would be perfect. It has to be Sidney or Gale. Not Dewey. It would be more thrilling if Sidney or Gale dies, than if Dewey do cause most of the fans wouldn't mind if Dewey dies. Gale betta deliver an iconic line prior her death if she's the one to bite the dust.

It is wayyyy too early for a poster. Most posters aren't released until they're in the middle of filming at the earliest. They're not filming till later this year so don't expect a poster until around Xmas or even 2021.

07tandu
1 hour ago, Kevin2803 said:

Didn't Wes Craven himself say that he left it open (if she died or not) on purpose?

Actually Wes Craven stated in the DVD commentary she didn't die. A scene that showed she was alive was cut.

Dula Peep
42 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

Another was a less comedic version of Scream 3 than what we received. The opening scene was to have Sidney throwing a dinner party at her home and they get attacked by the killer. Sid kills Ghostface in the opening scene and it was just some crazed fanatic of the Stab films which scares her enough to go into hiding and changing her name. 

I want them to do this, but make it seem like Sidney dies in the opening scene. Then take the rest of the film to set up the new characters and have Sidney surprise fake her death and returns at the end to take out the killer. :alexz:

Oktober Knight
26 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

I want them to do this, but make it seem like Sidney dies in the opening scene. Then take the rest of the film to set up the new characters and have Sidney surprise fake her death and returns at the end to take out the killer. :alexz:

It could work. Her connections with Dewey in law enforcement can definitely make this possible. The Dark Knight teas

Versayce
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Hurem said:

I guess they don't wanna release it too early. They'll probably start rolling things out when the production plan is set in stone.

I kinda want a Halloween release, but waiting for a whole year would be... :jonny2:

23 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

It is wayyyy too early for a poster. Most posters aren't released until they're in the middle of filming at the earliest. They're not filming till later this year so don't expect a poster until around Xmas or even 2021.

Wasn't this film scheduled to start filming back in May? The could have released a teaser poster revealing the new tagline at least...

Edited by Versayce

Versayce

Scream 3 is so unfairly underrated... Yes, it's not at the same level as the previous two, but still great and enjoyable. Jennifer's friendship and hatred with Gale really own most of the film... But there is suspense at almost every scene too, it has epic and intense moments such as Sidney visiting the "Stab 3" set and when Roman shoots her... Also, Randy's appearance, Carrie Fisher's cameo, Cox's bangs.... The film is flawless.

07tandu
6 minutes ago, Versayce said:

Scream 3 is so unfairly underrated... Yes, it's not at the same level as the previous two, but still great and enjoyable. Jennifer's friendship and hatred with Gale really own most of the film... But there is suspense at almost every scene too, it has epic and intense moments such as Sidney visiting the "Stab 3" set and when Roman shoots her... Also, Randy's appearance, Carrie Fisher's cameo, Cox's bangs.... The film is flawless.

Tea. I find it thoroughly entertaining and Parker Poseys character is one of the best characters in the Scream franchise thus far.

It feels slightly more comedic than the rest of the films but not to a point that it makes it bad like people make it out to be.

Hurem
8 hours ago, Versayce said:

Wasn't this film scheduled to start filming back in May? The could have released a teaser poster revealing the new tagline at least...

Yeah... then COVID happened. It got pushed back to mid-October. We should get something by then for sure.

Dula Peep
15 hours ago, Versayce said:

Her bangs deserved their own spinoff :clap3: