ConceptD

Scream 5 | January 2022

ConceptD
Posted (edited)

SCREAM 5 will follow a woman returning to her home town to try to find out who has been committing a series of vicious crimes. 

Directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett, the new Scream film’s screenplay has been written by James Vanderbilt (Amazing Spider-Man) and Guy Busick (Ready or Not).

Confirmed cast members so far are Courtney Cox, David Arquette, Melissa Barrera and Jenna Ortega. 

Edited by ConceptD

Beyle Street

Not watching without the good sis Neve Campbell

Reza

Let it DIE already.

God_Donna

Watching with or without Neve Campbell but obviously she is wanted by the stan base so hopefully she returns. Whatever they do please for the love of god make it better than the last movie. The last one was so bad for me it almost ruined the franchise for me. It’s literally disposable. I think Halloween was an iconic remake and honestly didn’t see that coming. Can’t wait. 

RULES

Although i want the original cast but i honesty feel there’s nothing else to tell.

Maybe it’s best for a new cast 

Oktober Knight

Neve or forget it. 

Ampersand13

Scream is one of my all time favorite movies. Scream 2 as well. I’ve loved this franchise since I was kid. So, naturally I always want more but also don’t want them to ruin its legacy which has kind of already happened 

Bad Karma

I hope they aren't planning on rebooting the franchise yet again like they did with the TV series. It was a cute guilty pleasure to watch but for the movie franchise I want Neve Campbell and Courteney Cox and I want this to be a continuation of Scream 4. 

JBJT2786
45 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

is targeting to begin filming in May.

Good luck with that :sistrens:

TaylorNation

They should pull a Halloween and delete the trash that was Scream 4 from the continuity

07tandu

No Neve No Scream :sorry:

Jealous

Why do they keep runing franchises? Scream 4 was enough

bad guy

A reboot is okay but with Kirby from Scre4m and Neve please. If they’re gonna have the OG cast then they have to kill one of them and I don’t wanna see any of them die yet.

The Mandalorian
1 hour ago, Bad Karma said:

I hope they aren't planning on rebooting the franchise yet again like they did with the TV series. It was a cute guilty pleasure to watch but for the movie franchise I want Neve Campbell and Courteney Cox and I want this to be a continuation of Scream 4. 

I agree! This is one franchise that doesn't need a reboot. They could keep the timeline going, leaving everything that has happened in the past intact and still introduce new characters and plots. It would just make so much sense to not reboot it.

J Legend X

Not Kirby returning to woodsboro to chase them :cries:

JustHoran

If there is No Neve I am NOT watching this

ReverseWarholian

Didn't they learn from the failed tv show and previous film installment that (sadly) NO ONE is here for this franchise anymore? :rip:

Lead Cenobite

They'll kill the OG off and the fanbase will complain like Laurie with Halloween: Resurrection which will then lead to a reboot with 3, 4 or 5, possibly even 2 not happening and being a direct sequel to the original Scream going by Hollywood's pattern now. Wish they'd leave it be, the deaths will be nothing but a cheap shock and won't age well and it'll never go as heroic or cinematically as people hope for someone like Gail or Sidney being killed off. Defeats the purpose of Sidney being a survivor just to die. :pukey:

Bombshell

I need Neve and Courteney and want them both to survive!

Lawssance

Kirby alive teas :gaycat4:

Alexis Neiers

a courtney cox death scene could be iconic

Coma Baby

Looks like it's unpopular opinion, but I'd much prefer a reboot. :dies:

I hate when they clutter these movies with too many characters and make it a "different generations" thing (Scream 4, Halloween 2018). Scream has always been supposed to be and been at its best as a teen/high school slasher. I love Neve Campbell, but I'm honestly not here to see a mom-aged Sidney in her 40s running around warning people again. :dies:

Just make it a social media age version of the original with actually funny/likable/iconic teens. The ones in Scream 4 were all unbearable. :biblio: It can still be set in the same universe and they can reference the events of the previous movies.

Sharapov
13 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

Scream is one of my all time favorite movies. Scream 2 as well. I’ve loved this franchise since I was kid. So, naturally I always want more but also don’t want them to ruin its legacy which has kind of already happened 

this, the terrible tv show ****ed it

Oktober Knight

Didn't Neve and Courtney say last year that they were "approached" about S5? 

Sam96

Yay