• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cantaloupe.

• Fenrir

• Rian.

• URBAN

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Fenrir said:

Results tonight after I get home from work. 

So probably not till 10pm EST. 

1 hour and 30 minutes :gaycat2: 

Melon has a migraine and probably won't  be attending the scoring ceremony (again). :emofish:

Just sitting down and putting my scores together. :cm: 

30(ish) mins. :cm: 

AWXXc19.gif

2 minutes ago, Cantaloupe. said:

The spoilers. 

no idea what you're talking about :michael: 

2 minutes ago, Flavs97 said:

30 minutes later....

AWXXc19.gif

I just got Latch's scores/critiques so putting them into excel and formatting them and then I'll post results in a few. 

Figured I may as well wait the extra little bit of time so you guys could have everyone's feedback. :michael: 

Just now, Fenrir said:

I just got Latch's scores/critiques so putting them into excel and formatting them and then I'll post results in a few. 

Figured I may as well wait the extra little bit of time so you guys could have everyone's feedback. :michael: 

I understand, i know how difficult is to be the host and judge of a game.

I was just joking :blush:

wsnK8Cd.gif

Scores & Results

LiMe

Spoiler

Bad Things - 7.5/10 - I love the sense of flow in this design and the combination of image choice and selective colouring. Though I wish the placement of the wave/water was incorporated better. There is potential to do something more creative with the tagline text, but it’s also fine how it is.

DivaCup - 7/10 - Honestly, I’m not feeling this design. The Mariah pic feels somewhat retro, and then the side banner give off a more modern vibe, the 2 don’t seem to blend well in my eyes (and there’s too much text going on). I think a better solution would be to have multiple circles containing the text around the right-side of the image, which would also compliment the polka-dot patterning nicely.

Rian - 7.5/10 - This design exudes an energetic vibe, which is really good. Only issues being the picture of Jen looking low quality (which is weird) – the Pepsi can being the most unappealing one you could have chosen – and the design being unbalanced (with the text being on 1 side).

URBAN - 9/10 - Amazing work! Text could have been bigger though.

Bellerophon - 8/10 - Simple but effective.  Though I think you should have continued the lines until the bottom of the wall – and added some shading under the Pepsi ball and legs. Other potential changes, getting rid of the thick white border around the Pepsi ball (it’s kind of distracting) and also overlapping her arm making it more believable that she is leaning on the ball.

Flavs - 7/10 - Simple, but I kinda love it. That image choice with the aqua background is very refreshing to see. Pepsi logo at the bottom could have been lower (it’s bothering me how it’s so close to her shoe).

Hurem - 9.5/10 - Absolutely amazing! Nothing else to say.

Phoenix - 8.5/10 - This would have been much better if the colours in the background were more saturated and vibrant – and if you had used a more appealing Pepsi can.

Alesus - 6/10 - This was simply the wrong image choice. The context doesn’t make sense – and the Pepsi can and logo randomly placed in the corner doesn’t help either.

Sabbath - 9/10 - Really nice work. Only issues are the text should have been lower and a more appealing Pepsi can should have been used. Also I can’t decide whether the glass of Pepsi with ice was needed or not (a normal Pepsi logo or possibly cropping the Pepsi logo out of the glass image would have been just as effective).

SaintWest - 7/10 - I love the retro vibe going on in the design. The inclusion of a Pepsi-Cola glass bottle would have been great.

Jonathan - 5.5/10 - I don’t know what to say... it’s just too much. The effects, the image choice, the text placement – it’s just all wrong.  I think you know that you can do better.

Melon

Spoiler

Bad Things - Oh sis.. What is this messy water? This was supposed to be a Pepsi ad not Aquafina. Plus it's super LQ and not blended well. The eyes are... creepy. Everything else is okay except the logo. There's a random blue line around it? idk. 4/10.

Diva - Love. Your progression so far >>>. 9/10.

Rian - I wish I could like this. I really do. It's a good concept. Jennifer isn't cut out very well (white line around her), she isn't very HQ, and she isn't placed properly though. There should've been some form of effect on the can to make it seem like she was really there too. It's just a cutout on top of a can. 5/10

URBAN - I don't know what it is about this, I just don't like it. The background doesn't do it for me. The tagline is messy. I thought it said 'castle' at first, instead of 'taste'. The logo looks old not like the new flat, minimal logo they're using. Zoom in to full size and Lupita isn't very good quality either. 6/10.

Belle - Text on point. Concept on point. Cutting is messy. Please work on that. 7.5/10.

Flavs - The "live for now" part is cute. Wish it would've been moved up or over just a bit so it's equidistant to the edges. Opposite for the one in the other corner, it should've been moved down. I don't know what's going on with her legs though. 7/10.

Hurem - a slay. The only thing I'm not a fan of, is the fade on the Pepsi logo. 9/10.

Phoenix - Why did you tag it? :skull: The text looks weirdly spaced to me. The can is weird and flat. The water makes more sense in yours than Bad Thing's, but it looks like you two used the same splash image. :skull: The effect on Leona's lips is cute and her face is nice, but the rest of her is blurry? And her hair is super sharp. Could've done with some feathering or flyaways or something. 7.5/10.

Alesus - Super HQ images + text. Big fan of the fact you deviated from regular Pepsi as well. Not a fan of the can + logo placement. It also reminds me of a fashion shoot, which is where it came from. Since she's a model. I just wish you could've found a way to make it more Pepsi and less Vogue. 8/10.

Sabbath - Very cute. Very Katy. Love the can in the white stripe. Hate that it's not centered inside of it. The glass/splash is nice. The signature is almost unnoticeable. The tagline + logo is alright, but wish it was a bit larger and centered with the glass/splash. You also need to work on your cutting (parts of her dress + hair are missing). Your ideas are really good, but the choppiness is holding you back. 8/10.

SaintWest - :jonny: I love vintage stuff, and you absolutely slayed this. I only wish you would've put an old glass bottle somewhere. And in some parts, the background logos are covering her (arms, hair). 8.5/10

Jonathan - :skull: Good on you for making the logo look nice. Um.. the rest is.. Well, I don't know what it is. The effect is very wild. The text is not cute or well placed. And this is your 3rd entry in a row that has the Kehlani logo in that font. Please ditch it. & you complete the trio of ones that need to work on their cutting. 4/10.

Fenrir

Spoiler

Bad Things - 7/10 - Like I told you yesterday, I really liked the direction you were going with. I think the water idea was definitely interesting and added a unique element to the ad but the placement/blending needed to be better.

DivaCup - 8/10 - I really liked this. It’s simple but effective. The only thing I didn’t like was the font selection. Like LiMe said, the font didn’t really go with the picture.

Rian - 6/10 - Girl ….

But seriously … the biggest (and probably the only) thing I hate about this is the Jen picture; It stands out in a bad way and makes the rest of the ad look bad. I liked that you did change the original image to a Pepsi can from the other thing she was holding though, and the crystalline background’s pretty cool..

URBAN - 9.5/10 - One of my favorite entries this week. Everything about this looks great, but I do agree that the text should’ve been a little bigger.

Bellerophon - 8/10 - Overall this was pretty good. Some of your cutting needs work but this was a pretty damn good for a “beginner”. :cupid:

Flavs - 7.5/10 - I think I like the top half of this more than the bottom half. Her legs are bugging me too and I agree that the Pepsi logo should be lower. Other than that this was pretty cute!

Hurem - 9/10 - Another favorite of mine this week. I LOVE the Pepsi Koons ball and the font went great with the picture. Nice work!

Phoenix - 8.5/10 - Overall I really liked this. I love the colors, her lips, the water effect on the can, etc. The only thing I don’t like is the random blurriness on some parts of Leona. :emofish:

Alesus - 5/10 - I didn’t really like this at all - at least not for a Pepsi ad. It kind of looks like it’s a clothing/fragrance ad from a magazine but then there’s the random Pepsi Max can and logo in the corner. If you took out the Pepsi stuff it would work great for a fashion ad but for a Pepsi ad I just don’t get it. S

Sabbath - 8.5/10 - This was really cute. I liked the photo of Katy you chose and that you included her signature. I don’t think the glass of Pepsi was necessary though. I think of you moved the text down a bit and made it a little bigger and just had the Pepsi logo at the bottom in place of the glass it would’ve looked a little better. Overall this was a nice entry. Good job!

SaintWest - 8/10 - Loved the retro feel and love that you took this in a little bit of a different direction than others. Like LiMe said, it would’ve been cool if you could’ve incorporated a retro bottle somehow and the logo covering her hair is bugging me.

Jonathan - 4/10 - fnkwlefw Idk what to say .. I think we both know this is bad. I think I remember seeing a Pepsi ad similar to this years ago and it was bad then and it is now. You can better than this sis.

Latch

Spoiler

Bad Things - 5/10 - i see what you were trying to do with the water effect, but it just doesn't work here. i also don't like the way you put the pepsi logo inside her iris. i feel like this would've looked much better as just a simple color photo with a minimalist editing job. (also, the guess jeans logo is showing on her shorts, which would never fly in a real advertisment)

DivaCup - 6/10 - the text says to treat yourself to a "summer time break," but the black and white doesn't realy do much to give the photo a *~summery~* feeling. it also makes it more obvious that the bottle is shopped into the image.

Rian - 7/10 - this one legitimately looks like  a pepsi ad! very nice concept. the execution could've been better, tho. i can't really tell who that is sitting on the can and it doesn't look like she's realistically sitting on the cans. plus, the sharpness of the crystals doesn't match that of the rest of the image.

URBAN - 7/10 - i also really like this concept. the subliminal masonic illuminati symbolism checkerboard kinda throws it off tho, would've looked nicer if it was just the gradient background. the red also looks kinda harsh against that splashing liquid.

Bellerophon - 7/10 i-i like what you did with this one, but your celeb doesn't have a shadow or anything and it looks awkward around the knee area.

Flavs - 8.5/10 - this one looks the most like a real pepsi advertisement to me. it's very to-the-point and it makes the product look fun and appealing. the only downside for me was that the quality looks very jpeg-ish with those artifacts. nice job overall.

Hurem - 7/10 - visually appealing, but doesn't actually show the product being advertised. the website links also take away from the design aesthetically.

Phoenix - 8/10 - i LOVE the concept, but the lasso-ing wasn't so smooth around the hair area (which i completely understand, that **** ain't easy to do). also could've done without the web link and the shameless plug.

Alesus - 6/10 - this would've worked better with the actual pepsi colors used and if you'd managed to include to product in the image somehow rather than just the logo-form cameo in the bottom left.

Sabbath - 9/10 - i don't really have anything bad to say about this one. nice job.

SaintWest - 7/10 - i like the vintage twist, but a pepsi can in the image would've made it better for e.

Jonathan - 4/10 - unfortunately, i don't really like anything about this edit. it looks very harsh and the colors aren't flattering at all. the font choice is ill-fitting and nothing about it really says "advertisement." i'm sorry hun, but this is just not it.

Results

Spoiler

1. Hurem - 0.8625

1. Sabbath - 0.8625

3. Phoenix - 0.8125

4. URBAN - 0.7875

5. SaintWest - 0.7625

5. Belle - 0.7625 

7. DivaCup - 0.75

7. Flavs - 0.75

9. Rian - 0.6375

10. Alesus - 0.625

11. Bad Things - 0.5875

12. Jonathan - 0.4375

Eliminated

@Dom & @theycallmemaraj for not submitting anything. 

Everyone else is safe this round. 

@URBAN @theycallmemaraj @Hurem @Bad Things @DivaCup @Bellerophon @Sabbath 
@Rian. @SaintWest @Flavs97 @Jonathan @Phoenixstar @Dom @Alesus 
@Latch @LiMe @Cantaloupe.

8DTQTcP.png

13 minutes ago, Flavs97 said:

I understand, i know how difficult is to be the host and judge of a game.

I was just joking :blush:

I know. :heart2::hug: 

@Fenrir Are you doubting my novice status? :cupid: 

Yeah my cutting sucked ass this time around :jonny3: I blame the screencap :jonny3: 

I AM SCREAMING THANK YOU SO MUCH :weeps: 

I ALMOST DIDN'T SEND ANYTHING OMG :weeps: 

Just now, Bellerophon said:

@Fenrir Are you doubting my novice status? :cupid: 

Maybe :cupid: 

I was really proud of you beginners this round. You all did great. :clap3: 

2 minutes ago, Alesus said:

AWXXc19.gif 

AWXXc19.gif

AWXXc19.gif

#3 - #7 - #10

truly a decline :dies: but i'm just glad i made it, i rushed my ad 

i need to redeem myself this week, because the next stop on my current trajectory is elimination :dies:

nnnn not me being that close to elimination. Thanks to the girls who didn't submit :thing: you saved my ass.

Next page for the next round. :cupid: 

1 minute ago, Sabbath said:

I'm glad you did. You did well this round. :hug: 

3 minutes ago, Sabbath said:

You did amazing! One of my favorites this round.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.