World Eater

Jessie Ware - 'What's Your Pleasure?'

BlackoutZone
1 minute ago, Unoriginal said:

Spotlight... might be her best song? :jonny5:

I’m like on the edge of saying it surpassed Running and Imagine It Was Us... :jonny2:

living_dead

giphy.gif

Ghost

Spotlight might really be her best song so far... 

TrueBlood

This is absolutely great, but Overtime is so close to it that it hurts not seeing it on the tracklist.

Edited by TrueBlood

ThehushSound

I am sooooo excited for this album. Spotlight is Song of the Year. 

Ewan Chaos

Jesus CHRIST I just listened to Spotlight and this bitch can do no wrong?! The song just got better and better as it went along. 

How are all her lead singles literal 10/10's???

Tom Vercetti

Imagine opening the album with Spotlight. The rest of the album will have to live up to that. 

ultraviolence.xx

i always thought overtime sounded like an opener... but i'm not bitter about spotlight being the opener

BlackoutZone

Oh my God just heard the album :jonny: Perfect balance between sharp striking nu-disco bops and smooth sensual whispery mid tempos, might be her best record. Cohesive, but not to same-y, I smell insane replay value that will make the tracks stand out and distinguish over time. Absolutely no idea why Overtime isn’t on the record, seems to be fitting like a glove in the first part. 

Guy12345
50 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Oh my God just heard the album :jonny: Perfect balance between sharp striking nu-disco bops and smooth sensual whispery mid tempos, might be her best record. Cohesive, but not to same-y, I smell insane replay value that will make the tracks stand out and distinguish over time. Absolutely no idea why Overtime isn’t on the record, seems to be fitting like a glove in the first part. 

song descriptions ASAP

AM98GJ

So excited for this, hoping for a cool vinyl variant

savedthemixtape
1 hour ago, AM98GJ said:

Agreeeed!

Although I adore the cover, I couldn't wait so I snagged the signed print vinyl bundle. Would probably buy a variant too though, as this album is shaping up to be AMAZING.

ThehushSound
1 hour ago, AM98GJ said:

I didn’t even wait to see if anyone will release a color variant... I ordered the bundle with the vinyl, cassette, and cd as soon as it was available. :priceless:

I probably will buy a variant too if there is one.  

Edited by ThehushSound

thecptz
12 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

yes pls post songs description :jonny4:

AM98GJ
11 hours ago, savedthemixtape said:

Agreeeed!

Although I adore the cover, I couldn't wait so I snagged the signed print vinyl bundle. Would probably buy a variant too though, as this album is shaping up to be AMAZING.

10 hours ago, ThehushSound said:

I didn’t even wait to see if anyone will release a color variant... I ordered the bundle with the vinyl, cassette, and cd as soon as it was available. :priceless:

I probably will buy a variant too if there is one.  

Oh damn I didn't even know, now I want the cassette, I don't really go for signed prints usually but I don't wanna miss out on the cassette. Ordering it on it's own and then paying like half the price for shipping is such a put off tho lol, hopefully she added the vinyl variant to her store

MermaidPrincess
On 2/28/2020 at 3:22 PM, BlackoutZone said:

im gay again

lovecatt

spotlight is stunning :jonny5:

I think Adore you is still the best song she's released so far. I can't wait to listen to the album

GustavoBardusco

Revisiting her whole discography and WHEW

ThehushSound
On 2/28/2020 at 3:22 PM, BlackoutZone said:

How does the album version of Spotlight compare to the single version? Is it longer? Have a different bridge or longer outro?

JEWRJEWR

spotlight is her first good song, fact

Otana
On 2/28/2020 at 7:22 PM, BlackoutZone said:

Is Soul Control iconic?

Killer Love
On 2/29/2020 at 12:22 AM, BlackoutZone said:

How did you hear the album tho? 

TheWayWeWere

whew :jonny: COVER SLAYS :jonny: 

her singles from Overtime slays too, very excited about this masterpiece :jonny6:

AM98GJ

Preordered the cassette, will wait for the coloured vinyl :flower:

BlackoutZone

Ok I will do a little tracks descriptions thing, hopefully it doesn't turn out to be tragically inaccurate :mandown:

Spoiler

1. Spotlight - I'm a bit conflicted with the album version as the single one was already perfect and this seems overdone. From the very beginning the orchestration seems more intense, the whole thing is 5:33 as various parts of the track get repeated more than in the single edit. In some places there is additional vocal layering of different parts being put together like a mashup and it just doesn't really work for me. It's either not completely polished or I'm too used to the single cut.

2. What's Your Pleasure? - I'm feeling very sexual :gaycat2: Contratry to her sensual whispery vocals the track is upbeat, the instrumentation is pumping and features some... distorted electric guitar? Harmonica? Wind instruments? Not sure as it's not directly in your face, but it's surely a noticaable detail that makes the song for me. The chorus is so HOT - Come on now push, press, more, less. Here together, what's your pleasure? :flame: 4:41

3. Ooh La La - while in the previous track the electric guitars were just an addition, here they totally build the song. It starts with a sample of busy traffic sounds, I'm imagining myself sitting by the window of a NY apartment in late evening :alexz3: I love the heavier bassline and infinite playful tweaks, spins of electric guiatrs through the song. It just goes on and on and each new part seems to have something new than the previous one. I can barely distinguish the chorus as the track is a one huge progression. Her vocal performance on this one is also sharp, fast, it all makes the song to not be very melodic or catchy, but it stands out because of that. 3:51

4. Soul Control - one of the tracks that has to grow on me, it has some of the elements I pointed out in Ooh La La, but not as perfectly executed. The post chorus is great though. 4:02

5. Save A Kiss - this is a serve, another Spotlight/Imagine It Was Us of the album? :gaycat5: Dance pop banger with disco elements aka gorgeous strings complimenting the rest. 4:02

6. Adore You - a discography highlight to me still.

7. In Your Eyes - Adore You started the more subtle, mid tempo moment of the album which continues here. Rich vocal layering and monumental strings make the song. It's 5:00 long and you feel it, but I'm not tired of it by the end at all. Guess I'm just a sucker for the sensual Jessie :smitten:

8. Step Into My Life - this one is so monumental, so great, it's very dramatic and feels like a soundtrack song, but my only issue is that it reaches the chorus too fast (around 0:30 mark). It's the shortest song on the album (3:39) and it definitely deserves more room to build up before the climax. The bridge merges with the final chorus/hook in an outro taking 1/3 of the song. Either way it's still a highlight to me.

9. Read My Lips - for some reason Read My Lips feels like a title track to me (it might or might not be just me infinitely stanning Sophie's gorgeous debut album, WYP? serves as its more mature sister), a centerpiece of the record that sums it up very well while being more low key, especially compared to the previous song. A bit quirky in the chorus with a juicy sound of Jessie blowing some real kisses :-* 4:03

10. Mirage (Don’t Stop) - grew on me over time, but it still might be a least fave from the record. I love the verses, but the hook is a bit annoying to me. I wish Overtime would be on the record instead of it (though best case, along).

11. The Kill - as the title suggest it's the darkest sounding track on the album, but it lightens up a bit in the chorus with some nostalgic vibe. It perfectly executes what bothered me on SIML, the build up is long and intense, we only reach the climax as the end. I can totally see it being a standout to many. 4:38

12. Remember Where You Are - her most beautiful song in forever, God I'm obsessed, it's an odyssey to the whole album, perfect closer and an outro as it's the longest track (5:35). Rich in every aspect, delicious, melodic choiry vocals, monumental instrumentation, beautiful lyrics, a full journey. If someone somehow cries because of the lack of ballads on the record, this track sould solely make up to it. An absolute highlight.

I've been told I suck at these mini reviews, but it's the most I can do to hype y'all a bit. It IS her best album and I will need some long solid listens in the upcoming months, cause the battle between WYP and Future Nostalgia for AOTY 2020 will be strong :fan: