Gossip_Boy

Love, Victor | Now streaming on Hulu | Renewed For Season 2

superglowy
11 hours ago, Sam96 said:

i have a feeling that daddy will have a surprise cameo.

Reese Blanco on Twitter: "Nick Robinson and Michael Cimino ...

He’s in a full episode. Victor goes to New York to visit him. I’m assuming that’s who he’s talking to in the trailer when he talks about ‘not being ready in a room full of strangers’ and who takes him to the drag show.

D/X
2 hours ago, superglowy said:

Who says Felix is straight? Could be questioning or bisexual?

Nah, people are shipping Victor with any boy from the cast, even with Andrew :skull:. And specially for the stills released from the last episode... I might be wrong, but I truly don't think that he's even bi. 

superglowy
4 hours ago, D/X said:

Nah, people are shipping Victor with any boy from the cast, even with Andrew :skull:. And specially for the stills released from the last episode... I might be wrong, but I truly don't think that he's even bi. 

I’m shipping them because I read the pilot script and there does seem to be ‘something’ there and it’s lowkey adorable. I guess we’ll see.

Bathomet

Can't wait for this!

Shipping Felix and Victor :D

Augmented

So the Hollywood reporter published their review quite early(context wise I don’t know how critically accurate they are) and it seemed a bit.... meh. 

I’ll put the few bits they said in spoilers just in case it gives too much away.

Spoiler

They said the script really lacks depth, Victor didn’t really have any shining characteristics and the show never really gets past the surface level struggles that the character faces. They ended the review with saying ‘if the point of Love, Victor is that a gay Latino boys coming out story can be just as dull as Simons, well, mission accomplished.’

Im just going to take this with a pinch of salt tbh because this is quite an early review to say we still have another 2 weeks ish to go. I’m sure this will get more then 1 season tho so maybe points they made will be further developed as well.

RunUpDoneUp

Yeah, felix is where it's at bfor me too. And shawn mendes lookalike? I'm sorry and I mean no shade but shawn and him are not alike besides race.

At any rate, I don't have high expectations for the show, I think it'll be like any other queer led show with minimal lgbt+ community and more "I'm just like you!"-ness to make straight and conforming gay males feel comfortable with gayness at all, lmao, very love, simon! How on brand.

I'm holding out hope that I'm wrong though, welcome disappoint is always appreciated.

Mimie
3 hours ago, Augmented said:

‘if the point of Love, Victor is that a gay Latino boys coming out story can be just as dull as Simons, well, mission accomplished.’

:lmao: 

Taylucifer
3 hours ago, Augmented said:

So the Hollywood reporter published their review quite early(context wise I don’t know how critically accurate they are) and it seemed a bit.... meh. 

I’ll put the few bits they said in spoilers just in case it gives too much away.

Hide contents

They said the script really lacks depth, Victor didn’t really have any shining characteristics and the show never really gets past the surface level struggles that the character faces. They ended the review with saying ‘if the point of Love, Victor is that a gay Latino boys coming out story can be just as dull as Simons, well, mission accomplished.’

Im just going to take this with a pinch of salt tbh because this is quite an early review to say we still have another 2 weeks ish to go. I’m sure this will get more then 1 season tho so maybe points they made will be further developed as well.

I’m really rooting for this show. I hope it doesn’t get critically panned :chick3:

superglowy
56 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:

I’m really rooting for this show. I hope it doesn’t get critically panned :chick3:

It’s meant to be a cute, cheesy show. It was written with Disney in mind.

D_Man3379
1 hour ago, Taylucifer said:

Love, Simon was generally praised. Don’t see how this could get critically panned.

touch

That Hollywood reporter review was so messy :rip:

Spoiler

From the get go it seemed like they didn't like the movie, but I GASPED when they even criticise that Victor does not explore his sexuality watching p0rn :deadbanana2:

Fortunately, there are so much better reviews out there like this one or this one 

Stepfon

Why did a read on another forum that Mason Gooding plays for OUR team?

he has said on insta stories he’s “kissed guys” but there’s no real evidence as to what his sexuality is unfortunately. he may speak up more once the lgbt tv show he is in (love victor) comes out

He did an IG story a while back about his exes and he never used pronouns. It was super vague. But he later referred to them as [N-word] I’ve never heard of straight dudes refer to women as that so there’s that.

Fitzswiftie

Fitzswiftie
Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2020 at 2:34 PM, superglowy said:

He’s in a full episode. Victor goes to New York to visit him. I’m assuming that’s who he’s talking to in the trailer when he talks about ‘not being ready in a room full of strangers’ and who takes him to the drag show.

In AwardsWatch review they mention that

Spoiler

“Victor, he starts to seek advice from Simon through Instagram, hoping that he could help him understand his struggle.“

Spoiler

Victor says it better in episode one when he first DMs Simon. “Screw you for having the world’s most perfect, accepting parents and the world’s most supportive friends,” Simon says frustratedly in a voice-over. “For some of us, it’s not that easy.”

I imagine that’s how Nick’s narration starts over or it’s like Helen Mirren on Glee and he’s what Victor imagines in inner voice to sound like.

Edited by Fitzswiftie

Fitzswiftie
On 6/1/2020 at 10:53 PM, dillan said:

wait, the trailer has 9.4 MILLION views on YouTube :jonny5:

Now just crossed 10m

:clap3:

Gallop

So... from my current understanding... This is only going to be available in the US because nowhere else in the world has Hulu. :weeps: Disney better let me have it in the UK!

MrLovett
1 hour ago, Gallop said:

So... from my current understanding... This is only going to be available in the US because nowhere else in the world has Hulu. :weeps: Disney better let me have it in the UK!

No, it's going onto Disney+ in other territories. Including the UK.

Gallop
2 hours ago, MrLovett said:

No, it's going onto Disney+ in other territories. Including the UK.

From everything I've read there is nothing confirming this, just a rumor . Could you link me to a confirmation?

dabunique

will Hulu release the whole series or do we have to wait for weekly episodes?

touch
52 minutes ago, dabunique said:

will Hulu release the whole series or do we have to wait for weekly episodes?

The whole series + now it’s coming 2 days earlier

dillan
3 hours ago, Gallop said:

From everything I've read there is nothing confirming this, just a rumor . Could you link me to a confirmation?

My friend works for Disney+ UK and said it's coming, I don't think it's premiering here next week though. Disney+ UK is very far behind.

Mimie

so people were OUTRAGED!!! over love victor moving to hulu when it was gonna stay on D+ outside of the US? you f-words better apologize to Disney right now 

Hector

So happy this is moving to my birthday :clap3:Now I can watch this ahead of The Politician S2 coming on the 19th.

BeenTheShit
2 hours ago, touch said:

The whole series + now it’s coming 2 days earlier

Even better!  I'm off from work that day. :duca:

808s

Hmm, the trailer looks interesting, I will definitely check out the first episode