Gossip_Boy

Love, Victor | Now streaming on Hulu | Renewed For Season 2

Gossip_Boy

Disney is also launching a new streaming service internationally in 2021 called Star which basically sounds like it's gonna be Hulu (plus a few other Disney owned stuff that aren't on Disney+) just with a different name. So hopefully Love, Victor will be there and the streaming service will launch before season 2 comes out.

Slate

so happy :heart2:

ReH2o

yes, we need now sex scenes :giraffe:

MrLovett

Yay! :duca:

Stepfon

YAS, finally I get a Mason Gooding nude scene!

D_Man3379

About damn time. Good to finally confirm. 

Hector

So well deserved :clap3:

Bathomet

Yaaas

jgorny

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG IM SOOOOO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYY IM CRYINGGGGG

touch

YESSSSS NOW IT BETTER BE X100 TIMES GAYER

Desire

Yas so happy season 2 is a go :jonny5: 

Poker Face

so happy we're getting a s2 :cries:

clee95
10 hours ago, ReH2o said:

yes, we need now sex scenes :giraffe:

THIS! Imagine them having sex...hmm hot!

jgorny
9 hours ago, clee95 said:

THIS! Imagine them having sex...hmm hot!

You do realize you’re fantasizing about underaged high school boys having sex? 

ucanfma
1 hour ago, jgorny said:

You do realize you’re fantasizing about underaged high school boys having sex? 

all of the actors are grown:celestial:

jgorny
1 hour ago, ucanfma said:

all of the actors are grown:celestial:

not the characters

clee95
6 hours ago, jgorny said:

not the characters

idc about the characters..LOl, the actors are hot!

TheLastChord
On 8/7/2020 at 6:52 PM, touch said:

YESSSSS NOW IT BETTER BE X100 TIMES GAYER

My wishlist

Victor is super scared about his first time but after he does it, he goes on a *** hurricane.

Victor is bullied, a lot, but he continues to excel at basketball, so homo of phobes LOST.

Benji admits to Victor that he liked him ever since they first met, he just didn't know he was gay and didn't have the guts to break it with Derek. 

Mia starts the season super angry with Victor, but then she realizes that they can be friends and forgives him after he's tried for so long.

Andrew begins the season not being a homphobe but after seeing how hurt Mia is he joins the bully train on Victor.

Mia gets along better with her new step-mom but has more issues with her dad because he still doesn't realize he's lowkey an absent parent.

Lake snaps at her mom when she inevitably comes for her relationship with Felix.

Felix delivers ONE good DJ set.

Victor's mom hooks up with the side-dick again.

The dad starts homophobic but then changes when he realizes he's pushing his son away and he already lost his wife.

Adrian gets more screentime because he's a legend, he's an icon and he is the moment. Now, come on now.

The grandparents REMAIN homphobic and Felix comes for THEIR WIGS!

Sam96

I’m so happy we’re getting a second season! 

RunUpDoneUp

Gay jesus, please protect the cast from having questionable pasts, success brings scrutiny and they better hold up to it.

If s2 keeps with the mediocrity, I'll stop watching.

Aristocrat

Season one was cute but had awful writing. Ruined it for me so many times, but the connections to Love Simon and Nick Robinson kept me watching. I'm excited for season two as long as it's stepped up and a little more grown!

GardenPanty

this show was cute! a bit surprised at the felix acclaim because even tho i thought he was sweet his plot kinda went unnoticed for me

kellysclarkson

Season 2 :party:

gloamingtheplain
On 6/25/2020 at 4:42 AM, feelslikeadream said:

Again: why would they actually cast a queer actor and make him straight? We deserve a universe where Mason plays the lead!

I think that casting is on purpose. They picked two straight (potentially bi/bi-curious as neither will say they identify as straight openly) actors for the gay characters, and a gay actor to play the stereotypical straight character. 

Culture, race, gender etc. are all things that I think casting makes sense to be like for like. I think sexuality though, is different. The main objective of the show is to challenge stigma;

- They made Victor sporty rather than fem or obviously gay. Having CMM on his phone was about as far as they went. 

- They made Lake a girl who couldn't get who she wanted, when the normal stereotype is the "hot best friend" is the one fighting them off with a stick while someone like Mia would be the one who would struggle (And let's be frank, in 2000's/early 2010's, Mia 100% would have been the side character while Lake would have been the main. Easy)

- They also made Benji already gay from the get go, which kinda breaks the mould of the "hot guy straight guy in school falls for the closet gay" scenario. 

Everything about this show, minus Felix who is 100% stereotype (I feel like he was an early character, heavily with Disney+ in mind, the walkie talkie's :deadbanana2:), seems to challenge stigma and reverse stereotypical casting. 

I think the whole point is to show, gay men can play straight characters, and people watching would never assume that actor that plays Andrew is Gay. 

When it comes to sexuality, it should be a moot point, because at the end of the day, 90% go through a journey of self discovery, and I don't think it matters where you end up. Hollywood especially needs to remove the "Gay = Fem, Straight = Masc" because they are just stereotypes. 

And the actor who plays Andrew, is really happy to be playing a straight, masculine, stereotypical character and I think its because Gay men really do not need to be told they are good for Gay roles only or to play Fem men.  

gloamingtheplain

Also, I'm starting to wonder if Mason (Andrew) auditioned for Benji and George (Benji) auditioned for Andrew based on the casting call, and they decided when they auditioned they suited each others roles more. 

If being LGBT+ was on the casting callout for Benji, I doubt George would have auditioned (unless that part of his life is private and he is actually LGBT). I can't imagine "we're looking for an LGBT+ actor" and him still applying and walking in telling them he's straight :deadbanana4:

Mason also seems really happy playing a very masc straight character too. 

Spoiler

The show has good bones. I think the first season will be like the first season of The Office. The show's intention is to set up the characters and relationships and then from S2 onwards, is where the magic happens. I feel like the writers were more interested in getting the characters set up and the reason why the cliffhanger is him coming out to his parents, and why there was ZERO resolution for any character (even Lake/Felix is superficial atm) is because S2 is where the story really starts. Like a prologue. 

I actually went into this almost like "this will be to pass the time" because I expected it to be super cringe Disney+ content, which is why I finally got around to it. But it's not. 

I love that the premise of this show seems to be both casting wise, and character wise, switching up stereotypes and stigmas. Sure, it's nothing new. And the predictability comes from know how these scenarios play out, but what keeps us watching is that they don't play out in a stereotypical way. 

From the trailer, I 100% thought Victor would be the closet gay who falls for Benji the hot straight guy who plays out every gay fantasy and is straight but is bicurious  for Victor, and then goes all super straight on him again (I saw a clip on Twitter where Benji says he's moving coffee shops and assumed). Instead, Benji is the gay. I though (as did many) thought that Felix would be the guy that Victor ends up with because no teen drama every rights gays with straight male friends. So it's familiar, but at the same time, it's different. It plays out differently to what you expect, but the storylines are familiar/cozy/comfortable. 

Which sets up S2 perfectly, because we know that the writers are going to continue with the stereotype bending, and on top of that, will slowly start being less predictable which makes us second guess each scene. 

Spoiler

Skins Season 1 kinda played on this. They set up the characters so that we thought we knew where Series 2 would end up (Michelle would go back to Tony after the phone call, Tony would be fine just beat up a bit, Sid and Cassie would be fine and Cassie wouldnt go to Scotland after their final scene, Chris would get with Angie etc) instead it turned it all on it's head and got us too comfortable and every Series 2 episode was a surprise/shock. 

If Love, Victor wants a S3, it would be wise to play this route.