Gossip_Boy

Love, Victor | Now streaming on Hulu | Renewed For Season 2

jgorny
10 minutes ago, heavyreplover said:

I love him too:jonny6: he's so adorable and I love how vocal he is in his accounts, I think that he's perfect for Victor's role:heart2:

Yes! You can definitely tell how much it means to him to play Victor and be a part of this show. He’s a very sweet and kind spirited person based on what I’ve seen in the interviews and his social media. I hope Hollywood doesn’t change him. 

keshaspearsxo
On 6/30/2020 at 3:52 AM, keshaspearsxo said:

I just finished episode 5 so I’m now half way through, and before even finishing I have to say that this show is such high quality for a teen drama. I figured it would be cute and that I would enjoy it regardless, but the show has really exceeded my expectations; it’s very, very good. 

Michael Cimino as Victor is incredibly charismatic and charming. He’s an amazing lead and his story is super endearing. 

Benji is alluring and the chemistry with Victor is already great and hardly anything has happened yet, so I can’t wait to see where it develops. 

Felix is super loveable, and at first I thought Lake was a bit annoying but she’s become just as loveable as Felix quickly. The two are a great duo that genuinely make me smile. 

Mia always lights up the screen and already is a really nicely developed character. The fact that they could make me root for her when I figured that the entire time I would just be waiting for Victor to be gay shows how good of a character she is. 

Victor’s family are good too and the drama with them has already went to places deeper than I anticipated which is refreshing.

All in all I’m really impressed with the show. I was pretty sure I would like it either way, but it’s surprised me with how it’s balanced moments of maturity while still being enjoyably lighthearted. Both the acting and the writing are really well done.

It’s incredibly wholesome and I can’t wait to continue with the second half. There needs to be a season two!

Okay I finished now and yeah I still stand by all of this. The entire show is so enjoyable, not surprised to see it doing so well both with viewers and critics :clap3: 

Mandalore

I dropped this after a couple of episodes. It's way too corny for me maybe.

Slate

Enjoying this a lot so far :clap3: 

jgorny

Has anyone read Love, Creekwood yet?

Bloo

Just finished binging. Great series and I loved how it expanded on the original film. Genuinely stunned that the straight, white male character (Felix) was consistently my favorite — always so dorky and endearing that I couldn’t help but love him (he also looks a lot like Shawn Mendes which always caught my eye). I’m interested to see them expand on Victor’s home life more in the second season (assuming they take that direction).

Legitimately screamed like a 12-year old girl when Simon popped up in episode 8. :weeps:

Also, I’m kind of offended that Disney felt this wasn’t family-friendly enough to be featured on Disney+. :rip: That essentially means they view anything slightly LGBTQ+ as not being family-friendly which should be more harshly criticized. The Love, Simon movie was more prominently gay than this 10-episode show (which is saying something because Love, Simon was super family friendly aside form one notable expletive), which only worsens it. Just to be clear, this is a criticism of Disney, not the show.

Slate

Just finished this and it was absolutely lovely. So happy this was made and I hope we get more seasons.

Spoiler

I screamed when Simon showed up. Nick Robinson is such a king :clap3: 

Cheers

Michael is so cute :jonny5: might be in LOVE

badgirlriri
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Bloo said:

Also, I’m kind of offended that Disney felt this wasn’t family-friendly enough to be featured on Disney+. :rip: That essentially means they view anything slightly LGBTQ+ as not being family-friendly which should be more harshly criticized. The Love, Simon movie was more prominently gay than this 10-episode show (which is saying something because Love, Simon was super family friendly aside form one notable expletive), which only worsens it. Just to be clear, this is a criticism of Disney, not the show.

Once again, not true. Their recent series like Andi Mack, HSM:TM:TS, and Diary of a Future President all involve LGBT plots and with the later two looking to explore them more in-depth in their 2nd seasons. Disney has to keep both platforms successful and Love, Victor has already been one of Hulu's most successful original shows. L,V was a show they were hoping to explore more adult themes, so it was put on the appropriate platform, the actors and directors themselves have all stated this was the goal, and this season was not as PG as people are making it out to be, they were openly talking about sex, alcohol, and genitalia and it will get more explicit in the future. I don't know what is with this site and their obsession with Disney.

Edited by badgirlriri

touch

Omg they dragging him. The headline :deadbanana2:

RunUpDoneUp
Posted (edited)

Scrolled through that thread a bit and sigh, as with most twitter threads, the op starts out fine but unravels due to personal inefficiency.

I do agree with the need for actual people of the identity playing said character though, gay people are still very much behind in representation and seeing str8 men eat off of gay stories annoys me.

I understand why people do the whole "acting is fake" thing but it's not about the job but the visibility of the minority class and the articulation is always realer when someone that has been through the sht talks about it. An actual connection.

I view this as another example of how some gay men don't want to be seen as different from straight people because they think that's gonna axe their acceptance. Classic assimilation code that minority groups are reared for.

I view gay men as different but equal to straight men, so I think their stories are best pushed by them, on and off the screen. The country isn't at "things are fine" land yet and I have no intention of letting str8 people or gay people act like gay representation by gay people doesn't have priority still.

Edited by RunUpDoneUp
spelling errors

Caesar

I tried to give this show another shot. I couldn’t get past a couple minutes. It’s honestly too corny for me. Which, I shouldn’t be surprised since I’m out of the aimed age range by now at 22. 

I’m assuming their attended audience is 13-16 ish?

Elite Four Brad
On 7/3/2020 at 10:24 PM, jgorny said:

Not yet, but I actually ordered it and it's coming in the mail soon. I hope it's a good one!

jgorny
12 hours ago, Caesar said:

I tried to give this show another shot. I couldn’t get past a couple minutes. It’s honestly too corny for me. Which, I shouldn’t be surprised since I’m out of the aimed age range by now at 22. 

I'm 28 and I love this show to death

jgorny
19 minutes ago, Elite Four Brad said:

Not yet, but I actually ordered it and it's coming in the mail soon. I hope it's a good one!

From what I am hearing, it's good and helps fill in some of the gap!

Elite Four Brad
13 hours ago, Caesar said:

You need to stick with it, it's really cringe at first, but it really picks up and becomes a great show if you stick with it

Caesar
1 hour ago, jgorny said:

I'm 28 and I love this show to death

1 hour ago, Elite Four Brad said:

You need to stick with it, it's really cringe at first, but it really picks up and becomes a great show if you stick with it

i’ll give it another shot i guess

aubrey1objn1.gif

Fitzswiftie
19 hours ago, touch said:

Omg they dragging him. The headline :deadbanana2:

It’s odd because the Love-verse actually have a good record of casting LGBTQ+ actors (Keiynan, Miles, Joey, Tommy, Mason {George?}) in the ensemble, just not as the titular role.

Slate

Ahhhh

9kgn.gif

Stepfon

The TASTE at him stanning Frank Ocean and saying his "ex-partner" (the pics go along with the caption)

65774417929b21be72ab0aab308193e52ea8ac22

5193b96ef3809e5a266be194e7acd5e7c739d96b

b84b4fbd2c5d25ee28d3a4e4b6ca960ce2d06e15

596898c1910c440d959d6ef8f3a0293af35f48ce

Sam96
On 7/3/2020 at 7:24 PM, jgorny said:

I got it in the mail a week ago but I haven’t started yet 

Sam96
2 minutes ago, Stepfon said:

The TASTE at him stanning Frank Ocean and saying his "ex-partner" (the pics go along with the caption)

:jonny6:

blaggot
1 hour ago, Stepfon said:

I WANT HIM :jonny5: 

shademastur

Soooo, where’s the season 2 announcement? :giraffe:

jgorny
16 minutes ago, shademastur said:

Soooo, where’s the season 2 announcement? :giraffe:

It’s coming soon! :gaycat1: