Passion

Vinyl Talk

Dealer

Does anyone here have the regular black pressing of Ellie Goulding's Brightest Blue?Is it better than the coloured pressing (sound wise)?Can someone help me? :emofish: I'm thinking about getting this one instead of the blue edition.Thank you   

P0602507302849_1.png

Kings.
21 hours ago, usedtothis said:

ordered VMP Mariah vinyl :beatfreak: now I just need target to restock MTV Unplugged & MC

18 hours ago, Mother Earth said:

So if I still want MTV Unplugged (Target Version), my best shot is to go to Target in-store in November when it releases?

Target restocked!

BoyToySoldier
51 minutes ago, Quicksand said:

If Beyoncé were to ever repress B’Day do you guys think she would use the standard release or the deluxe edition with Beautiful Liar etc.? I’m thinking about buying the standard black pressing since it’s price has lowered throughout the years but I’d be willing to wait if she were ever to repress the standard edition on a colored pressing. 

If there is a reissue, I do feel like the deluxe edition would be pressed on a nice 2xLP colored vinyl set housed in a gatefold jacket.

Beyonce’s team doesn’t skimp on visuals. If we do get vinyl reissues of her albums, I’m sure they will be stunning. I’d really love “Dangerously in Love” and “4”. The current “B’Day” vinyl would actually be perfect if it was the standard international tracklist with “Check on It” as the bonus track instead of that “Get Me Bodied” extended mix.

beans

MTV Unplugged and Merry Christmas is available for preorder again on Target! 

Quicksand
48 minutes ago, Faded1919 said:

I just picked up a copy from my local Target for like $25! 

id say that price is worth it to get it now, and then be happy (if) there is an eventual repress. 

FYE had it on sale for $15 so I decided to grab it before I regret not getting it :party: I remember it being $40 for a while but I'm glad that it's lowered now!

24 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

If there is a reissue, I do feel like the deluxe edition would be pressed on a nice 2xLP colored vinyl set housed in a gatefold jacket.

Beyonce’s team doesn’t skimp on visuals. If we do get vinyl reissues of her albums, I’m sure they will be stunning. I’d really love “Dangerously in Love” and “4”. The current “B’Day” vinyl would actually be perfect if it was the standard international tracklist with “Check on It” as the bonus track instead of that “Get Me Bodied” extended mix.

Good point. They'd probably go all out with a gatefold and the deluxe artwork. 

Dangerously In Love on a royal blue or baby blue pressing would be EVERYTHING :jonny2:

DUA LIPA

listening to B'day standard version is so weird to me because it's like missing one of its signature songs imo. 

I also prefer the general design of the deluxe to the standard pressing.

If we ever get Bey represses i'm expecting B'day and 4 to be the upgraded version each with the bonus tracks.

Quicksand
20 minutes ago, DUA LIPA said:

listening to B'day standard version is so weird to me because it's like missing one of its signature songs imo. 

I also prefer the general design of the deluxe to the standard pressing.

If we ever get Bey represses i'm expecting B'day and 4 to be the upgraded version each with the bonus tracks.

I prefer the deluxe artwork for B'Day but the standard 10-song tracklist is so classic to me :jonny: I wish she would press the original cover of 4 but I'm sure she'll use the deluxe artwork without Lay Up Under Me on the tracklist :cries:

Mother Earth
1 hour ago, Kings. said:

Target restocked!

I ordered the MTV Unplugged. I'm officially gonna have the whole discography on color. :jonny5:

Should I order the Christmas one too? I mean I already have the red/green swirl from Urban Outfitters, I dunno if I need another one. But it's so pretty. :jonny5:

Kings.
15 minutes ago, Mother Earth said:

I ordered the MTV Unplugged. I'm officially gonna have the whole discography on color. :jonny5:

Should I order the Christmas one too? I mean I already have the red/green swirl from Urban Outfitters, I dunno if I need another one. But it's so pretty. :jonny5:

I wouldn't. You should be fine with one copy.

BoyToySoldier

Chromatica $19 at UO :rip:

wesleywalrus

apparently FROOT is rare now

Sergi91
2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Chromatica $19 at UO :rip:

I’ll get it if it goes below $15

Attitude
37 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

I’ll get it if it goes below $15

It was like $11 on Amazon the other day. It sold out I think. :skull:

Y'all think Mariah will give us another Caution variant? :dancehall:

Sergi91
2 minutes ago, Attitude said:

It was like $11 on Amazon the other day. It sold out I think. :skull:

Really? :skull:

Lmk if you see it for cheap again :emofish:

BoyToySoldier
6 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Y'all think Mariah will give us another Caution variant? :dancehall:

I don't think it will happen, I think they would have had it go live with the rest of the records. It wasn't much of a fast seller in general at the time, plus she did give us 4 different variants. The standard black, Barnes & Noble exclusive opaque blue, numbered picture disc, and the webstore exclusive deluxe hot pink.

Both of the colored pressings are still available on Discogs, the opaque blue is a tad more affordable (under $100) than the hot pink.

James_Dean

@Kings. @Mellark so about that Songs For You vinyl....

200.gif

Attitude
1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I don't think it will happen, I think they would have had it go live with the rest of the records. It wasn't much of a fast seller in general at the time, plus she did give us 4 different variants. The standard black, Barnes & Noble exclusive opaque blue, numbered picture disc, and the webstore exclusive deluxe hot pink.

Both of the colored pressings are still available on Discogs, the opaque blue is a tad more affordable (under $100) than the hot pink.

Not $80 dollars. :deadbanana2:I think I'll just buy the regular black. 

Christian.

My record store is only getting one copy of Ellie's Lights 10 in for RSD... :jonny5:

Mellark
9 minutes ago, Christian. said:

My record store is only getting one copy of Ellie's Lights 10 in for RSD... :jonny5:

I am getting it online on Zia Records probably, **** it. I am not doing it in-person. :deadbanana2:

27 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

200.gif

I ordered that 4 months ago. She is either playing with us or the plant is having delays. I love her and I will give it like a month or two and we are going full Karen or something. I have a feeling some artists aren't doing vinyl releases (I want a JAGUAR release) because the pressing plants with COVID or would have to rely on a retailer like UO to press them. Why couldn't she just go that route if it was much of a hassle? I think that is what mxmtoon is doing. I don't plan on getting that until I listen to dusk or when I feel like it. I like dawn, but then Carly Rae Jepsen collab is giving the gays the consideration to splurge. 

Edited by Mellark

Mellark
8 hours ago, Dealer said:

Does anyone here have the regular black pressing of Ellie Goulding's Brightest Blue?Is it better than the coloured pressing (sound wise)?Can someone help me? :emofish: I'm thinking about getting this one instead of the blue edition.Thank you   

P0602507302849_1.png

I have the blue one and it's fine to me? 

BoyToySoldier

Lights 10 is an "RSD First" release btw. So that means, RSD will be your first option to purchase it but after that it will likely get a release through another retailer. Possibly her own store.

Kings.
37 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

200.gif

Idk and I've given up. It'll come when it comes at this point.

I only recently got someone to respond to me regarding the Omar Apollo purple marble Stereo EP vinyl which is limited to 300 copies.

They said they'll look into it, but I've heard that story before and never got a response.

7 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Lights 10 is an "RSD First" release btw. So that means, RSD will be your first option to purchase it but after that it will likely get a release through another retailer. Possibly her own store.

But will it be the same recycled vinyl release or standard black?

Rocket

Ordered the Target editions of MTV Unplugged and Merry Christmas. That’s all the coloured variants done now. Next up, the standard black pressings.

Kings.
1 minute ago, Rocket said:

Ordered the Target editions of MTV Unplugged and Merry Christmas. That’s all the coloured variants done now. Next up, the standard black pressings.

I still need to get Daydream, but I'll settle for standard black. I wonder if her store will have a different pressing (packaging wise) than VMP...

I'm still debating on E=MC2 and Memoirs :matty: 

BoyToySoldier
4 minutes ago, Kings. said:

But will it be the same recycled vinyl release or standard black?

I am not sure. I would grab it if you can, I'm just letting y'all know that if you do fail to grab a copy it won't be the end of your hunt. There'll be a chance to score it later on.