Passion

Vinyl Talk

Antinemesis
4 hours ago, JoAddams said:

Yep, I also thought it normal black vinyl, so I decided to ask here.

I understand. You didn’t say what info you had about it, so I just wanted to respond with what I could gather. Sorry I couldn’t be of more assistance. :) 

JoAddams
46 minutes ago, Antinemesis said:

I understand. You didn’t say what info you had about it, so I just wanted to respond with what I could gather. Sorry I couldn’t be of more assistance. :)

That's all right. Plus, I accidentally read 5,000 copies instead of 500 :rip:So it's probably not available online & I originally asked stupid question :worship:

Popboi.

There's 20 versions of Smile omg :deadbanana2: 8 CDs, 11 vinyl, 1 cassette. Kats must be broke rn ffff, good there's not going to be a tour for a while

Getting the 4th and 5th CD :giraffe:

wesleywalrus
1 hour ago, Christian. said:

PD3_1cde65ed-5cfe-40f1-b9d7-e9813ba9d7c7_1400x.png?v=1596227604
PD4_330b9c4e-4bd1-4dc9-868a-8dc5e5792262_1400x.png?v=1596227631

Can't decide between these two :rip:

the bottom one is not as great so it'll probably be more rare :gaygacat2:

Rocket

The way Katy ended up using that fan made cover for the vinyl.

1DES

I finally got my Rain On Me 7" this week. But why is the image so low quality. 

Mellark
5 hours ago, jpow said:

Five alternate cover picture discs of Smile are on Katy's store now

https://shop.katyperry.com/

I haven't bought a copy of the album yet but I might get the first alternate cover since it was the artwork that fan made for her on Twitter

Damn, Katy.

Rocket

I just ordered all 5 picture discs.

Damn you Katy.

RQoUExj.gif

TaylorNation
3 hours ago, Popboi. said:

There's 20 versions of Smile omg :deadbanana2: 8 CDs, 11 vinyl, 1 cassette. Kats must be broke rn ffff, good there's not going to be a tour for a while

Getting the 4th and 5th CD :giraffe:

Could you do a quick rundown :chick1:

Rocket
2 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

Vinyl wise, you've got:

Standard

Spotify Edition

D2C Exclusive Picture Disc

5 Picture Discs

Walmart Red

Target Blue

HMV Red

soknockedout
34 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Vinyl wise, you've got:

Standard

Spotify Edition

5 Picture Discs

Walmart Red

Target Blue

HMV Red

I was supposed to be able to collect them all

RQoUExj.gif

Sergi91
43 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Vinyl wise, you've got:

Standard

Spotify Edition

5 Picture Discs

Walmart Red

Target Blue

HMV Red

I’m not sure if I should get the Walmart red or Target blue

ThehushSound

I like some of those picture disc for Smile especially the one with her crying. I don't normally buy picture discs, but odds are I wouldn't listen to the album all that much anyways. I'd probably frame it or something.

----

I'm listening to The Vistors out of my new ABBA Boxset. It sounds really good I was worried about sound quality when I ordered it. 

BoyToySoldier
1 hour ago, Sergi91 said:

I’m not sure if I should get the Walmart red or Target blue

From these, I would purchase the Target cobalt blue variant. It comes with an extra track too apparently.

Sergi91
3 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

From these, I would purchase the Target cobalt blue variant. It comes with an extra track too apparently.

Wow thanks for reminding me of the extra track! :heart2:

Popboi.
5 hours ago, TaylorNation said:

1. Standard CD

2. Fan Edition CD

3. Target Exclusive CD

4. Limited Cover CD 1

5. Limited Cover CD 2

6. Limited Cover CD 3

7. Limited Cover CD 4

8. Limited Cover CD 5

9. Standard White Vinyl

10. Black Vinyl (dunno if there actually is one)

11. Target Exclusive Blue Vinyl

12. HMV / Walmart Exclusive Red Vinyl (pretty sure it will be the same)

13. Spotify Exclusive Custard Vinyl

14. Webstore Exclusive Picture Disc

15. Limited Cover Picture Disc 1

16. Limited Cover Picture Disc 2

17. Limited Cover Picture Disc 3

18. Limited Cover Picture Disc 4

19. Limited Cover Picture Disc 5

20. Cassette

touchofmyhand

How is UO's vinyl packaging/shipping? I ordered Baby One More Time & Britney and they will be delivered to me through international shipping but I'm holding my breath, especially considering I have major OCD regarding damaged vinyl. :deadbanana2:

touchofmyhand
On 7/31/2020 at 7:08 PM, Attitude said:

Oops I did it again is back in stock on Urban Outfitters. 

Of course I missed this. :rip: I've been refreshing for DAYS after I was only able to get Baby and Britney.

I prefer that one over the first splatter edition and the clear one too, by far.

Antinemesis
1 hour ago, touchofmyhand said:

How is UO's vinyl packaging/shipping? I ordered Baby One More Time & Britney and they will be delivered to me through international shipping but I'm holding my breath, especially considering I have major OCD regarding damaged vinyl. :deadbanana2:

I have been VERY unlucky with Britney vinyl, and a lot of other Urban stuff. I kind of just expect them to come with quite big splits on at least 2 sides, sometimes 3. With that said, they have improved a bit lately, but there is not guarantee. Just expect the worst and hopefully be positively surprised!

bestfiction
1 hour ago, touchofmyhand said:

not as good as it should be, I've ordered only once from them (2 copies of Blackout) and both of them had inner and outer sleeves got ripped at the bottom

CHFWH2X.jpg

TKO

My Urban Outfitters order changed status to 'Has Yet To Ship', what does it mean? Can still be cancelled?

BoyAlmighty
14 minutes ago, TKO said:

My Urban Outfitters order changed status to 'Has Yet To Ship', what does it mean? Can still be cancelled?

That should mean that it’s shipping soon 

BoyToySoldier
3 hours ago, touchofmyhand said:

If you ordered 1-2 records, it usually comes in a basic vinyl mailer put inside of a larger pizza box to protect the corners of the jacket. I’ve never had a mashed corner from an UO order unless it was due to shrink wrap being wrapped too tightly during manufacturing.

What you need to worry about is seam splits, but that’s the manufacturer’s fault. UO usually packages records well in my experience but the thin cardboard used to make the jackets is prone to getting split if the record is sliding around a lot inside during transit. Legacy should really get into the habit of putting the record inside a lined paper sleeve and then slotting that inside the jacket with the printed inner sleeve or sheet for all records so there’s a tighter fit.

Thankfully, UO has a lenient return policy so you can get an exchange rather easily provided the record is still in stock, if there is any issue.

Popboi.
13 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

If you ordered 1-2 records, it usually comes in a basic vinyl mailer put inside of a larger pizza box to protect the corners of the jacket. I’ve never had a mashed corner from an UO order unless it was due to shrink wrap being wrapped too tightly during manufacturing.

What you need to worry about is seam splits, but that’s the manufacturer’s fault. UO usually packages records well in my experience but the thin cardboard used to make the jackets is prone to getting split if the record is sliding around a lot inside during transit. Legacy should really get into the habit of putting the record inside a lined paper sleeve and then slotting that inside the jacket with the printed inner sleeve or sheet for all records so there’s a tighter fit.

Thankfully, UO has a lenient return policy so you can get an exchange rather easily provided the record is still in stock, if there is any issue.

Also, from experience as international. If your copy is faulty, if you tell them you already opened it and found out it’s faulty after that (like the record is warped) they won’t ask you to return it and will just send a new copy.

touchofmyhand

Thanks for all of the feedback! I’ll refrain from quoting all of you to save us the extra wall of text. :gaygacat2: