Top Posters In This Topic

• Kings.

• James_Dean

• Antinemesis

• SUPER CANNES

Top Posters In This Topic

Record Store Day

Image result for dolly parton puppy love

Dolly Parton - Puppy Love/Girl Left Alone (7")

According to an article over at The Herald Sun (a North Carolina-based paper), Yep Roc Records and The Southern Folklife Collection at UNC are teaming up to re-release Dolly Parton’s first single. The song, “Puppy Love,” was something they found the original master tape for, and they’ll be producing a 45 RPM version of the single. The B-side will be “Girl Left Alone.” It will “include reproductions of the original Goldband Records labels and will come in a sleeve with a photo of a young Parton.”

This is the start of a 2017 collaboration between the two organizations. Record Store Day 2017 will be held on April 22nd

source.

LoveLiveMusic
9 hours ago, liammmmacbtw said:

My Blonde vinyl and magazine finally shipped!!!

WHAT!?! From where? I want the magazine still!!!

10 hours ago, liammmmacbtw said:

My Blonde vinyl and magazine finally shipped!!!

was that from Black Friday? did they ever add more?

On 1/25/2017 at 3:08 PM, LoveLiveMusic said:

If you actually ordered you should be good I'd think. It said temporarily unavailable so you couldn't even put it in your basket yesterday.

On 1/25/2017 at 4:38 PM, Phunk said:

I'm certain you've got it as I ordered around the same time.

No further updates, but I did make it through checkout that night and have been charged so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thank you both!

Just catching up on the first few pages of this thread and seeing the linked Discogs collections. Nice! So many gems to covet. And I can't believe we're already getting Record Store Day announcements.

Since I'm on the subject of Discogs, its marketplace as I type this has one mint copy of Carly Rae's Side B that's priced at $23.95, which seems pretty low. All of the others are about three times as much, so someone from here should move fast if they still need it.

So the store I ordered Rihanna's vinyl boxset from cancelled my order :deadbanana2:I knew it was too good to be true when I could get it for around 200 euros :dies:

LoveLiveMusic
2 hours ago, J-esper said:

So the store I ordered Rihanna's vinyl boxset from cancelled my order :deadbanana2:I knew it was too good to be true when I could get it for around 200 euros :dies:

Remember when we had that link on Amazon.ca for $229 CDN and then they were all cancelled. THAT was too good to be true. :weeps:  

1 minute ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

Remember when we had that link on Amazon.ca for $229 CDN and then they were all cancelled. THAT was too good to be true. :weeps:  

yeah that was a mess :rip:

hJGs8Ov.jpg

Got my copy of La La Land today and it's gorgeous :weeps:

I wanted the blue version originally but didn't feel like waiting (the black version was back in stock sooner)

But I think I actually prefer the black version now :rip: 

Oktober Knight

I got my copy of The Immaculate Collection at a local record store and I was surprised they received several copies.

Cancelled my order on Bullmoose cause they didn't know when they would get them back in stock. They didn't ship on release day even though I pre-ordered.

15 hours ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

WHAT!?! From where? I want the magazine still!!!

13 hours ago, wesleywalrus said:

was that from Black Friday? did they ever add more?

Yes Black Friday pre-order!!! I really thought it was going to get cancelled but I got my notif. today!!!!

11 hours ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

Still scarred. :weeps:

7 hours ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

Should I get the La La Land soundtrack on blue vinyl or is it just hype that makes me want it?

Get it 

It's definitely a soundtrack made for vinyl IMO 

just snatched The Velvet Rope for $70. I promised that I wouldn't spend that much anymore, but I've been wanting it for so long so it was worth it :gaycat2:

Came across Writings on the Wall for $40 and had to grab it!!!!! So excited to have it along with Survivor. Wish Destiny Fulfilled was pressed :(

1 hour ago, slaveney said:

just snatched The Velvet Rope for $70. I promised that I wouldn't spend that much anymore, but I've been wanting it for so long so it was worth it :gaycat2:

WORTH IT IMO. I own it and it's one of my faves.

Books A Million had like 8 copies of Lil Kim's Hard Core on vinyl for $40 here today. :deadbanana2:. I almost bought it. I think I will tomorrow. I've been waiting for this. 

Also, I purchased a 2 month 6 album trial through VNYL in December and it's been a mess. The first 3 they sent me were Angel Olsen, Common, and Unknown Mortal Orchestra. I hadn't listened to any prior to that, and did enjoy getting to know their music. However, it takes over 3 weeks from when you order to get the albums. This month, I picked my "vibe" (basically category) on the 6th and they still haven't even picked my albums yet. Ugh. 

On 29/01/2017 at 2:26 PM, slaveney said:

Does anyone know if Sweet Sexy Savage is getting pressed? 

There's no official pre-order yet. I'm pretty sure her label is using the "CRZY / Distraction" 7" picture

disc as a test before they press the album. I've emailed her management/ team about it twice and

still haven't heard anything back.

I need the album pressed so badly, that I did up this little mock up of what it would look like in a perfect world :'(

5m9ylg.jpg