Passion

Vinyl Talk | (First) Record Store Day 29 August

Passion

@Prometheus. Thanks! :gaycat3:

That's definitely a tip to give you guys to snatch albums for pretty cheap on release date - wait until midnight on the night and get it from third party sellers on Amazon as they often incorrectly put prices up. I managed to get Meghan's Thank You for £12 once and BEP's Monkey Business' for £11. Nothing too crazy good but better than the usual prices that bounce up in the morning/afternoon on release, usually.

Edited by Phunk

Passion

Immaculate sold out as soon as it hit midnight w/ no third-party sellers. I just ordered it from B&N to an American friend's place, to then send it to me, just to avoid customs etc. I never had any problems with the Ghostbusters B&N Exclusive, but that was under £20 so I sense Immaculate would cause a slight problem.

It was confirmed that the B&N Immaculate was the coloured pressing, right...? :dancehall:

Oktober Knight
45 minutes ago, Phunk said:

Immaculate sold out as soon as it hit midnight w/ no third-party sellers. I just ordered it from B&N to an American friend's place, to then send it to me, just to avoid customs etc. I never had any problems with the Ghostbusters B&N Exclusive, but that was under £20 so I sense Immaculate would cause a slight problem.

It was confirmed that the B&N Immaculate was the coloured pressing, right...? :dancehall:

I don't anything BUT the colored one was made. There were never any announcements about a standard black LP.

Passion
8 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

I don't anything BUT the colored one was made. There were never any announcements about a standard black LP.

That's what I'm thinking too. :chick1:

PANG!

I was putting out vinyls at work tonight and we got Immaculate. I wanted to snatch it but I have to put it out for at least 12 hours. :(

And @Phunk, yes! It is the colored pressing.

SUPER CANNES
12 hours ago, MarryTheMonster said:

Yeah they're not hard to find for alright prices, probably better than the store would be with 50% off considering the shipping.

I kinda wanna get it ("only" €19 for me) but I don't think I will as I got BLUE...but it would be awesome to own a live album on vinyl so I'll have to think about it :celestial5:

I'd probably be able to justify the high cost but cheap shipping from UK amazon or even free shipping have spoilt me. :)

SUPER CANNES

Would you get a record that described as "Used - Acceptable" for £4.79? 

Attitude
2 hours ago, Prometheus. said:

I was putting out vinyls at work tonight and we got Immaculate. I wanted to snatch it but I have to put it out for at least 12 hours. :(

And @Phunk, yes! It is the colored pressing.

Hide it behind some trash album.

Kayhan
18 hours ago, MarryTheMonster said:

50% off in the to whom it may concern/iamamiwhoami shop, snatched BLUE (finally) :heart2:

Sadly kin and bounty are sold out if any of you would want those, but BLUE and the limited to 300 (I think) CONCERT IN BLUE vinyls are on sale.

The shipping though. Everything about Sweden is unnecessarily expensive.

TaylorNation

**** I didn't know that The Immaculate Collection was going to be limited :jonny: wtf I feel like such a flop. Going to have to hunt it down now ffs

LoveLiveMusic
10 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

Urban Outfitters had it up for a while as a black vinyl but it's not listed anymore so I'm not sure if it will be done in standard black. 

My Immaculate Collection shipped today as well!

Passion
2 hours ago, SUPER CANNES said:

Would you get a record that described as "Used - Acceptable" for £4.79? 

I would and have. I got Teenage Dream in that condition and it came Near Mint

Passion

Like A Prayer and True Blue are getting the same coloured pressings from last year (Sainsbury's) but in France on February 24th via FNAC.

C2RDYuyUUAAyjkK.jpg   C2RDbFCUkAEInih.jpg

http://musique.fnac.com/a10331047/Madonna-Like-a-prayer-Vinyle-rouge-Exclusivite-Fnac-Vinyl-album?omnsearchpos=2

http://musique.fnac.com/a10331048/Madonna-True-blue-Vinyle-bleu-Exclusivite-Fnac-Vinyl-album?omnsearchpos=3

BYoncé

I wish America had stores with dedicated music sections as big as FNAC's. I went to Paris on vacation last year and I was astounded by the selection they had, both vinyl and CDs.

SUPER CANNES
3 hours ago, Phunk said:

I would and have. I got Teenage Dream in that condition and it came Near Mint

That's nice :)

The one I wanted got sold and apparently that store doesn't even ship to my country. :rip: Funny that FNAC doesn't either.

Edited by SUPER CANNES

MarryTheMonster
7 hours ago, Kayhan said:

The shipping though. Everything about Sweden is unnecessarily expensive.

Yeah it's horribly expensive after the postal service updated their prices, like when it's €19 for me in the country right next to Sweden, you can only imagine the price for others. (Like €27 for SUPER CANNES)

Edited by MarryTheMonster

SUPER CANNES
25 minutes ago, MarryTheMonster said:

Yeah it's horribly expensive after the postal service updated their prices, like when it's €19 for me in the country right next to Sweden, you can only imagine the price for others. (Like €27 for SUPER CANNES)

I don't get it though. This other Swedish store can ship a 2LP to me for ~ €9 so why can't they?

MarryTheMonster
16 minutes ago, SUPER CANNES said:

I don't get it though. This other Swedish store can ship a 2LP to me for ~ €9 so why can't they?

Maybe that store uses another service or makes the shipping cheaper for the customer and pays it down with money they earn in other ways, idk.

Passion
17 minutes ago, SUPER CANNES said:

SUPER CANNES
1 hour ago, MarryTheMonster said:

Maybe that store uses another service or makes the shipping cheaper for the customer and pays it down with money they earn in other ways, idk.

Good point 

1 hour ago, Phunk said:

:biggrin:

Quicksand
10 hours ago, TaylorNation said:

**** I didn't know that The Immaculate Collection was going to be limited :jonny: wtf I feel like such a flop. Going to have to hunt it down now ffs

I just went on Barnes and Noble's website and its already out of stock :jonny:

Kayhan
5 hours ago, MarryTheMonster said:

it was €50 for free-shipping some time ago. Thank god I managed to snatch bounty and BLUE back then. The shipping costs €26 for Turkey.

Passion
Quicksand
JessLM

I got The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill last week.