Genius1111

F1 2020 | Pierre Gasly wins Italian Grand Prix!

Genius1111

Gutted that HULK couldn't even race a lap today.

Gutted that Bottas lost 18 points due to the late puncture, while Hamilton got to keep those 25 points. :coffee2: Lewis is now 30 points ahead in the championship, instead of leading by "only" 12 points.

Kinda glad to see LeClerc snag another unexpected podium.

Genius1111

Interesting to note that Spielberg 1, Spa, Monza and Sochi all managed to keep their original dates even with the pandemic screwing up all the schedules.

Genius1111

1. Hamilton 88 points

2. Bottas 58

3. Verstappen 52

4. Norris 36

5. Leclerc 33

Genius1111

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-racing-point-deducted-15-points-and-fined-heavily-as-renault.7j9tsLSAm7rXnWHxH1Uy9c.html

Racing Point have been deducted 15 world championship points and fined €400,000 after FIA stewards upheld Renault’s protest about the legality of the design of the team’s RP20 car.

Racing Point raised eyebrows at Barcelona testing when they unveiled a car that looked remarkably similar to last year’s championship-winning Mercedes. The team – who take an engine as well as several parts, including the suspension, from Mercedes as per the rules –admitted taking inspiration from the car, but consistently insisted what they had done is within the rules.

After the Styrian, Hungarian and British Grands Prix, Renault lodged a protest with the stewards, alleging that Racing Point’s brake ducts had been directly copied from the 2019 Mercedes.

And on Friday in Silverstone, the stewards delivered their verdict, upholding Renault’s protest.

Racing Point were fined €200,000 for fielding Sergio Perez’s car in Styria and the same amount for fielding Lance Stroll’s. They were also deducted 7.5 world championship points per car - though Perez and Stroll keep their drivers' championship points. Protests for the Hungarian and British Grands Prix were also upheld, with Racing Point reprimanded for using their car in both events.

beyonceknowles

I hope Hulkenburg can get a podium :duca:

Genius1111

Poor HUL finished #7. :shakeno:

Glad that VER is #1 for today. :1stplace: He's now 2nd in the championship. 

Chamoy

The Seb vs Ferrari drama, I hate to see it.

pP6DAiO.jpg

Genius1111

Oh woops, I have posted in a long time. :emofish:

Cookies n Cream

Honestly, the midfield is just much more exciting.

That Belgium race wasn't that great, but seeing Ferrari getting overtaken by scrubs was a kii :fan:

Genius1111

I'm just bothered that Hamilton's tyres managed to survive the entire race. :emofish:

beyonceknowles
13 hours ago, Cookies n Cream said:

Honestly, the midfield is just much more exciting.

That Belgium race wasn't that great, but seeing Ferrari getting overtaken by scrubs was a kii :fan:

trueeeeeeeeee

ugh i loved seeing seb win one over leclerc 

Chamoy

F2 kinda eating F1 up this season.

Genius1111

Pierre Gasly wins his 1st ever Grand Prix!!! :clap3::jonny5: :johnald: :sats:

He's the 109th different man to win a Grand Prix, and the first Frenchman to win since Oiliver Panis in 1996 (the year Gasly was born).

Poor Sainz, he was just 0.4s behind.

Anyway I am glad Hamilton and Mercedes screwed up with the pitstop though the blame should be fully on his team. Poor Bottas had no pace and hardly made any ground to close the gap to Lewis.

While Gasly won, it was a ghastly day for the prominent Italian team Ferrari. But fortunately, another Italian team, AlphaTauri held the Italian flag high.

Chamoy

Well, that's one way to shut me up.

Pierre channeling 2008 Seb. I-

pP6DAiO.jpg

Genius1111

Our poor boy Lando injured himself. :dies:

Genius1111

Woops we all missed this gem.

Genius1111

Genius1111