2020 Festival/Awards Season Thread

Lady Bird

1 hour ago, Lady Bird said:

@Broken @Prismee @Blade Runner @Cherry123 @Green @MrLovett @Ghost @kgeezy310 @Héloïse @Fetch @Before the Dawn @Stepfon @Achilles. @Fitzswiftie @fridayteenage @EsOS @Lawssance @Hector @FameMonsters @Riot @DAP @Mr.Fenty

Y’all ready for festival season? Perched for Adam Driver to win Best Actor at Cannes x 

114JuNy.jpg

Adam sweeping next year! I have planted the seed and I will see it harvest!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Fitzswiftie

• Hector

• kgeezy310

3 hours ago, Lady Bird said:

@Broken @Prismee @Blade Runner @Cherry123 @Green @MrLovett @Ghost @kgeezy310 @Héloïse @Fetch @Before the Dawn @Stepfon @Achilles. @Fitzswiftie @fridayteenage @EsOS @Lawssance @Hector @FameMonsters @Riot @DAP @Mr.Fenty

Y’all ready for festival season? Perched for Adam Driver to win Best Actor at Cannes x 

114JuNy.jpg

Idk if I’m ready yet! I feel like I need a week.  But happy for Bong Hive that they stomped this year even tho OUATIH was my fave.

hoping for Queen WINslet to snatch for Ammonite and end the uglies 

2 hours ago, Fetch said:

Steven Yeun really is coming wow. A24 kinda failed with Uncut Gems, The Farewell and The Lighthouse though... maybe they're due for a win.

They’re 2019 slate was soo good (Gloria Bell - Fantastic, Native Son - Ashton slays, Farewell - NaiNai 🥺, Uncut Gems is a masterpiece and then there’s also Black Man San Fran, Midsommar & Lighthouse) but they dropped the ball and kept flip flopping their pony. 

Come thru Yeun.

3 hours ago, Lady Bird said:

114JuNy.jpg

My body is ready

One of the most fascinating project in recent memory, DAU, is being finally release at Berlinale this year and maybe it won't be the only festival. There are multiple films from this 700 hours project filmed during five years, that will be released this year. Berlinale will show DAU. Natasha and DAU. Degeneration.  :jonny5:

DAU. Degeneration sounds crazy. :jonny4:

The institute that this film is about existed twice. Once as the top-secret Institute for Physical Problems as part of the Soviet Academy of Sciences, which was in operation from 1938 to 1968, and a second time as the largest film set in Europe, which was destroyed at the end of the project. The DAU Institute in Kharkiv was an experiment designed by director Ilya Khrzhanovskiy in which leading mathematicians, artists, philosophers and mystics lived and worked between 2009 and 2011. Among other things, they explored the foundations and limits of intellectual understanding and human action, working towards the creation of a “new human being” and beyond, to the bloody end. DAU. Degeneratsia shows the institute in its cruel final phase. On his last legs, the protagonist DAU, a theoretical physicist like his role model Lev Landau, is obliged to look on as upheavals bring forth a steady stream of new institute directors. Vodka and sperm are flowing freely among both service and research staff. Meanwhile, the secret police is assisting in the rise of a nationalistic, reactionary squad of sporty young men who are ready to clean up the “pigsty”.

fridayteenage
5 hours ago, volition said:

Ready for Berlin. Hoping Huppert has a vehicle there so she can complete Europe critics trifecta.

Stephen Yeun is coming for Minari.

5 hours ago, wesleywalrus said:

SIR SHAW SNATCHING YUPPP

Taste.

5 hours ago, mokitsu said:

2020 will be the year of Amy Adams :1stplace: 

Yeah just like with Sharp Objects/Vice. Oh wait...

5 hours ago, Fetch said:

Love Adam, but I think it's Timothee's year :gaycat4:

Not when the youngest Actor winner was a hair from 30, played a survivor of Nazis, and looked 40 while Timothee looks 20.

6 hours ago, Lady Bird said:

114JuNy.jpg

Is this even a question114JuNy.jpg

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

Not when the youngest Actor winner was a hair from 30, played a survivor of Nazis, and looked 40 while Timothee looks 20.

Don’t forget was the only non-winner against 4 already winners 

A24 needs to focus on Minari during this award season. ZOLA will probably be successful commercially but it's apparently weirder than Hustlers and Hustlers flopped during the last award season so...

1 hour ago, Mr.Fenty said:

A24 needs to focus on Minari during this award season. ZOLA will probably be successful commercially but it's apparently weirder than Hustlers and Hustlers flopped during the last award season so...

I’m worried they’ll focus on JLaw’s film since she’s the bigger star and her film is more baiter :( 

Glad Joaquin won so I don’t have to worry about C’Mon, C’Mon stealing the spotlight.