2020 Festival/Awards Season Thread

Lady Bird

i kind of fear for Dune? i mean, not even David Lynch could bring it to life. i pray for the best but the book is description-heavy, with a lot of big reveals and scenes being explained through character's thoughts, the world is way too rich and complicated and the plot is just too convulted.

and timothee isnt getting any noms when his character is a stone cold robot :rip: hoping for the best though

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Hector

• Fitzswiftie

• kgeezy310

1 minute ago, mokitsu said:

i kind of fear for Dune? i mean, not even David Lynch could bring it to life. i pray for the best but the book is description-heavy, with a lot of big reveals and scenes being explained through character's thoughts, the world is way too rich and complicated and the plot is just too convulted.

and timothee isnt getting any noms when his character is a stone cold robot :rip: hoping for the best though

You're underestimating Villeneuve, sis 

4 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

They failed at campaigning this year, only got 1 Oscar nom :rip: 

If they drop the ball with GODnari too I-

UBUAOBo.jpg

I hope they don't.... :skull: all their films did so well at the Spirit Awards this year, with a better campaign they could've make it to the Oscars in a full tour-de-force 

2 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

I don’t know, I mean I get what you’re saying, I’m also a little bit scared, but at the end of the day it’s Villeneuve... what he did with Blade Runner was out of this world (even though I found it boring and super long), it was an impressive and memorable piece of work. I think it have the same reception as 2049.

3 minutes ago, Before the Dawn said:

Perched for The French Dispatch, Dune and Minari

Anthony Hopkins coming for BA and Steven Yeun coming for BSA :eatpopcorn:

Best Supporting Actor ? He's the leading actor in Minari, if I'm not mistaken

Just now, diogozsz said:

Best Supporting Actor ? He's the leading actor in Minari, if I'm not mistaken

According to those who saw it, he’s supporting and the young kid is the lead.

If A24’s smart they better fraud him to supporting even if he’s lead anyway, that’s sadly his best chance. 

I’m excited as **** for ‘Saint Maud’, the reviews so far are pretty great but I know it will be a flop since A24 is distributing in the US, plus it’s horror and directed by a woman :skull:

Excited to see French Dispatch’s trailer tomorrow, wonder if Robert Yeoman will pull through for Cinematography since it’s seems some scenes will be in B&W. He def would’ve won if it wasn’t for Birdman in 2014.

7 minutes ago, Before the Dawn said:

the narrative to Yeun is here :lakitu:

I really hope Parasite winning big means we’ll see more of this in the future and not them going back to their old ways. C’mon Yeun :jonny5:

41 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

@volition King Longeran is part of the Berlin Jury this year, you think the taste will jump out??

source.gif

i absolutely do. as we both know, ARTgaret is the greatest film of all time and GODchester is pretty good too; surely the creator of those understands all about life and humanity as represented in the art of cinema.

Miss Timothée Chalamet is one of the most talented and promising young actors working today and he’ll be that bitch in 5 years.

114JuNy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

Billie is coming, perched for us to make this thread LIT omg

114JuNy.jpg

you already know i got all the Hilbillie's @'s ready to be copied and pasted whenever need be

all 3 of us

114JuNy.jpg

Forgot that The Father premiered a few weeks ago at Sundance, currently sits at 100% on RT and 87 on MC.

Inb4 Olivia stomps on Glenn’s neck again.

114JuNy.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

Forgot that The Father premiered a few weeks ago at Sundance, currently sits at 100% on RT and 87 on MC.

Inb4 Olivia stomps on Glenn’s neck again.

114JuNy.jpg

i feel like olivia is overexposed tbh, she is being rewarded for everything she does across such a small period of time. the fatigue will set in