Jump to content

2020 Festival/Awards Season Thread


Lady Bird

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

We’re kicking off the season with this (out July 24th):

 

 

I will make a list of all the potential contenders with their release dates and put it in the OP soon

 

114JuNy.jpg

Cool cool

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • fridayteenage

    195

  • Hector

    173

  • Fitzswiftie

    160

  • kgeezy310

    94

looking at berlin right now

 

jeremy irons being jury president is a red flag since he's a homophobe, but he's a talented one so as long as there's no gay films in contention i'm sure he will choose well. kenneth lonergan on the jury too ahhh dad

 

in competition, most relevant films i think will be the kelly reichardt and the hong sang-soo. sally potter's looks alright? it has laura linney (@ayanami). there's a willem dafoe vehicle from abel ferrara (the ms .45 director). irradiated and the salt of tears look cool aswell.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for Villeneuve's Dune coming out later this year but I fear for the acting part since sis Chalamet never delivered an outstanding performance 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Green said:

Does Timmy have some Oscar bait material for this year?  :dancehall2:

 

I feel like he's gonna have to wait many years to win an Oscar. A Leo tea  :skull: 

Pretty sure he just has French Dispatch this season and we all know Wes Anderson films don’t get acting noms. Bob Dylan biopic is for the season after this though. 

 

source.gif

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, volition said:

there's a willem dafoe vehicle from abel ferrara (the ms .45 director).

Siberia looks promising and I think it'll receive acclaim from both the jury and the audience 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

Pretty sure he just has French Dispatch this season and we all know Wes Anderson films don’t get acting noms. Bob Dylan biopic is for the season after this though. 

 

source.gif

 

 

 

He has Dune as well, which is more likely to land him an acting nomination 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Siberia looks promising and I think it'll receive acclaim from both the jury and the audience 

yeah, i'm quite excited for it, it looks like it can do well

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading this thread back next year and seeing all the early predictions will be funny as hell, especially since next year's Oscars are more than a year away :dies:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Steven Yeun really is coming wow. A24 kinda failed with Uncut Gems, The Farewell and The Lighthouse though... maybe they're due for a win.

...... failed? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ready for the years tradition of Anderson sweeping the film festival circuit while being noticeably absent from the mainstream awards yet again

 

UBUAOBo.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Steven Yeun really is coming wow. A24 kinda failed with Uncut Gems, The Farewell and The Lighthouse though... maybe they're due for a win.

Academy finally acknowledged Asian excellence and will continue to acknowledge that when they see King Yeun’s performance.

 

source.gif

 

6 minutes ago, FameMonsters said:

Reading this thread back next year and seeing all the early predictions will be funny as hell, especially since next year's Oscars are more than a year away :dies:

 

French Dispatch will be the new OUATIH bookmark me. Only thing we’ll get right is Steven Yeun snatching :heart2: 

 

source.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also Miss Chloé Zhao better serve another masterpiece like The Rider with Nomadland. She’s coming for that 6th female director nomination.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

...... failed? 

They failed at campaigning this year, only got 1 Oscar nom :rip: 

 

If they drop the ball with GODnari too I-

 

UBUAOBo.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...