2020 Festival/Awards Season Thread

Lady Bird

7 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

We’re kicking off the season with this (out July 24th):

I will make a list of all the potential contenders with their release dates and put it in the OP soon

114JuNy.jpg

Cool cool

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Hector

• Fitzswiftie

• kgeezy310

looking at berlin right now

jeremy irons being jury president is a red flag since he's a homophobe, but he's a talented one so as long as there's no gay films in contention i'm sure he will choose well. kenneth lonergan on the jury too ahhh dad

in competition, most relevant films i think will be the kelly reichardt and the hong sang-soo. sally potter's looks alright? it has laura linney (@ayanami). there's a willem dafoe vehicle from abel ferrara (the ms .45 director). irradiated and the salt of tears look cool aswell.

I can't wait for Villeneuve's Dune coming out later this year but I fear for the acting part since sis Chalamet never delivered an outstanding performance 

4 minutes ago, Green said:

Does Timmy have some Oscar bait material for this year?  :dancehall2:

I feel like he's gonna have to wait many years to win an Oscar. A Leo tea  :skull: 

Pretty sure he just has French Dispatch this season and we all know Wes Anderson films don’t get acting noms. Bob Dylan biopic is for the season after this though. 

source.gif

1 minute ago, volition said:

there's a willem dafoe vehicle from abel ferrara (the ms .45 director).

Siberia looks promising and I think it'll receive acclaim from both the jury and the audience 

2 minutes ago, Lady Bird said:

Pretty sure he just has French Dispatch this season and we all know Wes Anderson films don’t get acting noms. Bob Dylan biopic is for the season after this though. 

source.gif

He has Dune as well, which is more likely to land him an acting nomination 

2 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Siberia looks promising and I think it'll receive acclaim from both the jury and the audience 

yeah, i'm quite excited for it, it looks like it can do well

Reading this thread back next year and seeing all the early predictions will be funny as hell, especially since next year's Oscars are more than a year away :dies:

7 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Steven Yeun really is coming wow. A24 kinda failed with Uncut Gems, The Farewell and The Lighthouse though... maybe they're due for a win.

...... failed? 

Ready for the years tradition of Anderson sweeping the film festival circuit while being noticeably absent from the mainstream awards yet again

UBUAOBo.jpg

6 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Steven Yeun really is coming wow. A24 kinda failed with Uncut Gems, The Farewell and The Lighthouse though... maybe they're due for a win.

Academy finally acknowledged Asian excellence and will continue to acknowledge that when they see King Yeun’s performance.

source.gif

6 minutes ago, FameMonsters said:

Reading this thread back next year and seeing all the early predictions will be funny as hell, especially since next year's Oscars are more than a year away :dies:

French Dispatch will be the new OUATIH bookmark me. Only thing we’ll get right is Steven Yeun snatching :heart2: 

source.gif

Also Miss Chloé Zhao better serve another masterpiece like The Rider with Nomadland. She’s coming for that 6th female director nomination.

2 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

...... failed? 

They failed at campaigning this year, only got 1 Oscar nom :rip: 

If they drop the ball with GODnari too I-

UBUAOBo.jpg