Top Posters In This Topic

Daydream

If I'm not quite good enough
Or somehow undeserving of

A mother's love 
You could have had the decency
To give me up
Before you gave me life

is one of Mariah’s most hardest hitting lyrics. I do sometimes wonder if she wrote that from her own perspective when thinking about her mother, or if it’s completely fictional/from Billie’s perspective as a character.

just thot y’all may miss my tea so here goes 

when i saw you is moo’s best song 

R9dG8YS.gif

48 minutes ago, Nemo said:

just thot y’all may miss my tea so here goes 

when i saw you is moo’s best song 

R9dG8YS.gif

I am not shocked bc I believe it's a top 3 song on Daydream. Taste.

Daydream
1 hour ago, Rocket said:

I think Mariah must identify with Britney a lot. Of course both situations are so different but Mariah has been 'trapped' before. So glad she showed her support. :heart2: 

PrinceMichaelFan

This song needs to examine more! Mariah and Whitney had great vocals on this session! love how Mariah came behind Whitney with the grunting at 3:21.

Mariah adding the Whistles was smart on her part!

Daydream
1 minute ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

This song needs to examine more! Mariah and Whitney had great vocals on this session! love how Mariah came behind Whitney with the grunting at 3:21.

Mariah adding the Whistles was smart on her part!

I recently saw someone say that if they recorded a duet in 1992/3 while they were both at their vocal + commercial peaks, it would have been a bigger hit chart-wise, and I think that's true. For a Whitney & Mariah collab this went waaaaaay too under the radar that it's almost criminal. I love the song though and the performances they did together.

PrinceMichaelFan
7 minutes ago, Daydream said:

I recently saw someone say that if they recorded a duet in 1992/3 while they were both at their vocal + commercial peaks, it would have been a bigger hit chart-wise, and I think that's true. For a Whitney & Mariah collab this went waaaaaay too under the radar that it's almost criminal. I love the song though and the performances they did together.

ironically these two were represented by Clive and Tommy and Whitney/Mariah literally have similar charting success. Whitney and Mariah literally had powerful men behind them. It's quite interesting how it didn't go #1. Im wondering if something like politics played because:

Whitney went on to have her most successful singles album era since the "Whitney" album in 1998-00 with My Love is Your Love and Mariah had success with the Rainbow era. 

I actually think this would have been big in 1998 but something held it back because while it may not be the biggest radio type of hit to play but with it being from a film and a two "divas" it should have been a #1. I mean their were some questionable #1 hits in 1998 so I'm not sure why this didn't happen.

Daydream

Lyrics from "Naked" on Doja's new album:

Touch, touch my body
Just touch, touch my body
Just touch me
Ayy, touch my body, just
(Touch me, touch me)
Yeah, touch, touch my body

tenor.gif

• #FreeBritney Activist
Limitless
2 hours ago, Daydream said:

Lyrics from "Naked" on Doja's new album:

Touch, touch my body
Just touch me
Ayy, touch my body, just
(Touch me, touch me)
Yeah, touch, touch my body

tenor.gif

:gaycat6:

Daydream

On what would have been George Michael's 58th birthday, remembering Mariah's relationship with him. :heart2:

1f3fbe8723ea081c3e59cb0f51d6693c.jpg

DDK9sgxXgAAx2UG.jpg

Quote from Mariah:

I remember before my first album, even in high school, the Faith album, I looked at that and said, 'I want to make an album that crosses all these genres.'" She continued: "We had a lot of things in common in terms of record company political stuff. I remember this one dinner that we had. "We were both talking about really difficult stuff that we’d been through. And when he passed away on that Christmas, I couldn’t believe it because I thought he would be able to be OK."

Mariah covered "One More Try" on MIAMTEC and George was flattered:

I'm so glad George was alive to be able to feel Mariah's love towards him before he passed. They had such a sweet connection. I also love that she's a fan of the Faith album!

2V4firp.thumb.gif.345e83ab12d9ff41dfd83a

Daydream

When Moo releases “Honey 2022 (Mariah Carey & Ariana Grande)” for its 25th anniversary next year.

rs_499x376-160127103130-Best_Oprah_Winfrey_GIFs_1.gif?fit=around%7C499:auto&output-quality=90&crop=499:auto;center,top

(How apt that this gif of Op**h just happens to say 1997 too :eek:)

skinnylegendBR
49 minutes ago, Bacardo Royale said:

Oh wow. Last time I saw him he was a lil kid, is this also Moroccan in a few years?

JMxszGv.gif

I don't think Roc is. anyway it's cool Bryan is so supportive for his brother

On 6/25/2021 at 1:23 PM, Daydream said:

lol

JMxszGv.gif