Mariah Carey

feelslikeadream

3 minutes ago, Reverie said:

Of course! Don't mind Rocket, he's offended cuz you said top 5 when it should really be top 1

cXbDNhs.png 

Don't come for me, unless I call for you.

I1P6B2G.gif

:nicole:

• Replies 166.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocket

• jdmc219

• Slamless

• noonbob

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DivaCup said:

:heart2:

I mentioned this on the old forum but I'm disappointed with the vocal production on her her last couple of albums, probably going back to TEOM.. It's disappointing. I SWEAR they edited it to make notes sound longer. like 'Mine Again' and possibly the end of WBT. it's whatever but i still cringe a little when i hear 'mine again' :doc: 

But Mine Again feels like it deserves those long notes. That's what makes the punch on those songs, like Joy Ride and Fly Like a Bird. And how critics saying that her voice seems lost like it did on Charmbracelet, BYE on both...

Just now, jdmc218 said:

But Mine Again feels like it deserves those long notes. That's what makes the punch on those songs, like Joy Ride and Fly Like a Bird. And how critics saying that her voice seems lost like it did on Charmbracelet, BYE on both...

I'm not saying it doesn't need those long notes. they sound like they were manufactured. i hear a "blipping" in the long notes. :doc: like a small segment from it was repeated. 

Just now, DivaCup said:

I'm not saying it doesn't need those long notes. they sound like they were manufactured. i hear a "blipping" in the long notes. :doc: like a small segment from it was repeated. 

She's never been able to sustain the final belt of WBT in the few times she's done it live. The biggest mess was during the Emancipation era when they wouldn't even edit her track and she'd have to pretend for the full 12 seconds that her voice could naturally produce that fade away effect :deadbanana2: 

1 minute ago, DivaCup said:

"blipping"

What kind of Dick Clark sabotage.

@DivaCup Maybe, but for me, sometimes, I appreciate her post 2000 albums more than the 90s because of the flavor she put into it. TEOM, MOAIA are in my top 5

So.......who's gonna start the new rates????

Edited by jdmc218

it feels right to start a top 5 albums list since we're on page 5 and we haven't yet done it on NewTRL…

Emotions / Daydream / Butterfly / The Emancipation of Mimi / Mariah Carey

i'm so behind on Mariah's World i stopped keeping up because i'm supposed to be focused on grad school apps ugh

Sasuke Uchiha

Hello lambs!

It's good to be back in the base :D

While i was away i finally toke the time to watch glitter! anddddd it was pretty bad :rip: BUT it wasn't the worst movie i ever saw if that counts for something. Mariah was very one dimensional as a actress. Her character,, was just kinda there and she had the same expression and tone in her voice for every situation and emotion :rip: ON ANOTHER NOT!  The soundtrack was amazingggg. I've been bopping to " All my life" and "i didn't mean to turn you" For the past couple of days. Glitter is in my top 5 favorite mariah albums currently

2 minutes ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

Random THOT but wasn't it rumored that she was doing a song with the weeknd?

It was just a rumour, same as the Beyoncé collab.

Debut

Daydream

Emotions

TEOM

Charmbracelet BUTTERFLY

Imagine stanning a flawless top 5, can relate :gaycat4:

edit: tf did I put CB before butterfly nnnn 

Edited by rimf
1 hour ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

ON ANOTHER NOT!  The soundtrack was amazingggg. I've been bopping to " All my life" and "i didn't mean to turn you" For the past couple of days. Glitter is in my top 5 favorite mariah albums currently

STAN FOR GREATNESS!

Butterfly

Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel

Glitter

E=MC2

Mariah Carey