Yummy's radio payola is OVER

Green

2 hours ago, Juanny said:

It is the lowest on current callouts aside from South of the Border, but that one is only lower because the familiarity score is sitting at 70%. Yummy has 91% familiarity which means people know the song and already hate it.

Yummy’s net positive score is 8.1%, which is an absolute disaster. The next lowest is Good As Hell which is at 30%, presumably because people are now tired of the song. It simultaneously has the highest negative score on the panel AND lowest positive score. That includes récurrents. These are among the worst callouts I’ve personally seen :rip: 

Wow :dies: I expected a bad score, but that's indeed one of the lowest I recall. I'm not surprised though, the song was universally panned, not only by the critics, but by music fans in general.

Looks like Scooby gave up :cm:

One the album release week is done this song will be completely erased from planet earth :dies:

Anyway they invest a lot of money on this song

When he didn't get those 20M likes, he should stuck to his word and not released anything.

This is his Focus. Biebs ha 'Dangerous Woman' is coming :gaycat5:

5 hours ago, Starkboy said:

ME! lasted more cause her team kept pushing it. this time I think Bieber's label already dropped it cause they're jumping on the new single.

28. ME! : 2.992  (+2992) | 18.862 (+18.862) APRIL 27th (first radio update)

7. ME! : 11.905 (+30) | 56.568 (+0.033) MAY 22nd (It began to stall)

May 31st -> first callouts report

*stayed stable for 3 weeks*

7. ME! : 11.737 (-491) | 50.656 (-2.848) JUNE 20th (first of many massive decreases, probably day the label stopped promiting it)

Basically ME! lasted 2 months unlike Yummy (just 1 month) but I believe that's only because the labels reacted in different ways. Plus ME! callouts were tragic but not as tragic as Yummy's. 

wait, ME! peak on airplay was 56M ??? :deadbanana4:

OT: Expected, Yummy has no presence in any platform

the fact that they pushed this song massively for the first week and just stopped the promo after that...that is not how you make a hit single

1 hour ago, Tistotal said:

wait, ME! peak on airplay was 56M ??? :deadbanana4:

No, that's just Pop radio.

12 hours ago, mintpasty said:

I mean that’s my point. The GP said no so then they had to rely on another single. And yes, having two singles out before album release is completely normal, but the thing that’s weird is the time between the lead and the album release was barely over a month. Considering he has 2 singles it’s pretty’s abnormal, in comparison to basically every other mainstream star who goes the 2+ single route having at least a couple of months for their singles to wind up

With the way the charts are working now, getting multiple songs/singles out and their visuals - especially now with YouTube inclusion in BB200 - it’s not abnormal at all. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t. These are examples I immediately thought of in recent times:

Timberlake; Filthy: 1/5, Supplies: 1/18, Say Something: 1/25, Man of the woods - 2/2

Grande; 7 rings: 1/18, Break up: 2/8, TUN - 2/8

JoBros; Sucker: 3/1, Cool: 4/5 (the album came later but still two singles in rotation).

Timberlake of course was in a Bieber situation, but he was also mainly just pumping up SPS potential as Biebs is, on top of bundles. Songs coming and going in the streaming era really isn’t a mind blowing experience; they will just keep moving. Mainstream stars the most, as there’s always a chance something hits. And it’s not now to have 2-3 songs in rotation by the same artist on radio, and it’s never been a problem for artists to have multiple album tracks + its singles stream with longevity.

In this case, they get Intentions on T40 asap. Yummy is still going strong:

urban

26 20 JUSTIN BIEBER Yummy 1762 1396 366 9.113

rhythmic

11 8 JUSTIN BIEBER Yummy 3394 3117 277 13.344

The Summer Walker Remix is going to keep that pumping forward on both formats, Intentions likely won’t get a chance to breathe on arrival. Unless they pump both of his songs. Either way, the song isn’t a complete bomb. It’s just after WDYM/Sorry/LY, then a string of smash hits and two further #1 collabs before this era is an extreme underperformance. Remove that layer, it’s doing fine enough.

I’m not a huge fan of the comeback yet myself, reserving to see what gems the album might bring. But pointing out it failed mainstream audiences and is being purged for the next single is pretty redundant.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.