Katy Perry - PLAY, Las Vegas Residency: Today

Gabe²

1 hour ago, Gabriel Florin said:
  Hide contents

I would legitimately rather wake up to the headline "Katy Perry dead at 34" than "Katy Perry confirms Vegas residency". Her career is already dead, but Vegas would be like turning a funeral into a circus act. If someone pulled a Christina Grimmie or whatever, the GP would be on her side again, and she might get another iTunes #1 finally, possibly even her 10th #1 on Billboard like XXXTENTATION. Plus, let's be real, we'd probably get a posthumous album sooner than we'd get KP5 if she were alive. Plus, Capitol could include all the discarded Luke bops, because a dead person can't really get backlash for working with an accused rapist.

The first line always makes me cackle. :skull:

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• znake

• SeanET

• Jotham

• Virtual_Insanity

8 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

That wasn’t an original post :rip: it was a copy + paste of something a Kitten said...

OT: Fitting. I’m sure her show would be cute though.

Some of us are new here. Even so, it’s just tasteless to bring up C. Grimmie being stabbed to death in a meme 

53 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Ugh. Nobody went to Vegas after britney. Britney added to the stigma. It was Gaga who everyone followed. Love real impact. Didn’t Gaga boot britney out of Vegas?

on topic: I actually think a Katy show would be pretty cool as she’s always on top with her stage productions. I worry about the grosses, though. They would be embarrassingly low. 

This is literally the biggest lie that Gaga fans tell themselves. Multiple publications and vegas insiders literally credit Britney with revitalizing the town and bringing in  a younger crowd to see her live shows. :clap3:

1 hour ago, Legendairy said:

Only here for this if she calls it: Waking Up In Vegas.

we’d have to stan on that one

1 hour ago, Gabriel Florin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I would legitimately rather wake up to the headline "Katy Perry dead at 34" than "Katy Perry confirms Vegas residency". Her career is already dead, but Vegas would be like turning a funeral into a circus act. If someone pulled a Christina Grimmie or whatever, the GP would be on her side again, and she might get another iTunes #1 finally, possibly even her 10th #1 on Billboard like XXXTENTATION. Plus, let's be real, we'd probably get a posthumous album sooner than we'd get KP5 if she were alive. Plus, Capitol could include all the discarded Luke bops, because a dead person can't really get backlash for working with an accused rapist.

This took me 98-OUT.

2 hours ago, Lindt said:

didn't gaga sign her Vegas contract right before asib? there may still be hope for Katy to have a similar comeback

what ?

2 hours ago, Gabriel Florin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Omg poor miss @Aurora :dancehall3:

1 hour ago, Reza said:

This is literally the biggest lie that Gaga fans tell themselves. Multiple publications and vegas insiders literally credit Britney with revitalizing the town and bringing in  a younger crowd to see her live shows. :clap3:

she didn't revitalized anything ....give it up ....she already did anyway:doc:

I hope not! Katy loves touring. If she ends up doing a stupid Vegas residency, I refuse to see her...cause I ain't paying thousands for a stupid show.

24 minutes ago, BawBaw said:

she didn't revitalized anything ....give it up ....she already did anyway:doc:

Yes she did. I think ill take Vegas business and industry insiders words over some random delusional monsters any day :bibliahh:

2 hours ago, Gabriel Florin said:
  Hide contents

:skull:

Well, she has a bunch of hits, why not 

1 hour ago, AlbumOfTheYear said:

Some of us are new here. Even so, it’s just tasteless to bring up C. Grimmie being stabbed to death in a meme 

*Shot to death :)

She has to call it (and of course perform) 'Waking Up in Vegas', low-key her best song

Ugh, a dream!