ATRL's Song Contest: Round 3 (p. 79)

Diarrhoea

1 minute ago, Kim Kardashian said:

Group 3 being miles weaker than the other two :zzz:

Group 2 has three of my favourite songs ever so I'm excited to rank :duca:

They're all sorted randomly by being given a number between 1 and 10000, and then ordered and divided into 3 x

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diarrhoea

• thecptz

• Touch It

• fiercE

2 minutes ago, Kill All Whites <3 said:

They're all sorted randomly by being given a number between 1 and 10000, and then ordered and divided into 3 x

I know, I was just expressing my frustration at the bad luck x

44 minutes ago, XO_Life said:

"No" to your incorrect opinion. It's a bop. You basically hate all the songs expect those who are sung by K-Pop artists. :rip:

:fan:

and you dragged the Loona song that got universal praise even from Pitchfork :rip:

17 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

and you dragged the Loona song that got universal praise even from Pitchfork :rip:

And I will never understand why. It sounds like a very bad Katy Perry / Carly Rea Jepsen reject but just a lot more "cutesy", sung in a language I can't understand. I mean, I am not a 12 year old girl who's having a crush on all the BTS members and collects horse pictures... I am a 25 year old man with two degrees in economics, who has lived. :rip:

1 minute ago, XO_Life said:

And I will never understand why. It sounds like a very bad Katy Perry / Carly Rea Jepsen reject but just a lot more "cutesy", sung in a language I can't understand. I mean, I am not a 12 year old girl who's having a crush on all the BTS members and collects horse pictures... I am a 25 year old man with two degrees in economics, who has lived. :rip:

you sound deranged :rip:

it's a synthpop song but obviously you just hate it cause it's in another language, idk what BTS has to do with this unless you think all Asian artists = BTS

Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom

This is the ULTIMATE PARTY SONG and I hate that because when I went to see Ms. XCX live a feggat next to me was going so hard he almost broke my nose. LET'S RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

St. Vincent - The Party

I love Annie with ALL my heart and the string section in this is THAT b**ch but sis....... this isn't a party song just because it has party in its name :rip: Would've loved to see this song played during the ball scene in Paul Thomas Anderson's "Phantom Thread"

8 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

you sound deranged :rip:

it's a synthpop song but obviously you just hate it cause it's in another language, idk what BTS has to do with this unless you think all Asian artists = BTS

It's a synthpop song which is simply too cute for me. I have to admit that me not understanding the song has something to do with me not liking the song. 

I was just using BTS as an example bc a lot of teenage girls worship them. 

I actually have a BTS song I like. I think it's called "Champion" 

Nvm, it's called "IDOL"

Edited by XO_Life

1 minute ago, XO_Life said:

It's a synthpop song which is simply too cute for me. I have to admit that me not understanding the song has something to do with me not liking the song. 

I was just using BTS as an example bc a lot of teenage girls worship them. 

I actually have a BTS song I like. I think it's called "Champion" 

Cut to the Feeling isn't too cute? :-*

perhaps be more open minded instead of dragging music just because you don't understand it, it's still just pop x

Idol, and it's lowkey a bad song :fan:

Hilary Duff - Feel Alive (Summer Heat)

I wouldn't add this to my playlist but it's a cute bop, something for the girls to get ready and party to

Just now, K$Ellie said:

Cut to the Feeling isn't too cute? :-*

perhaps be more open minded instead of dragging music just because you don't understand it, it's still just pop x

Idol, and it's lowkey a bad song :fan:

It's not the only reason I disliked it. The Hip Hop elements didn't help either. I try to be open minded but this song gave me nothing. I didn't got any emotions from her voice and couldn't get any from the lyrics bc of the language barrier.  I just think there is good K-Pop and bad K-Pop. 

You see with "Cut To The Feeling" I was able to like it because I understood it and I got its intend. "Cut to the Feeling" speaks to me because it sounds like a cute yet dramatic pop song. 

I get a similar feeling while listening to "Body And The Sun" although it's not a "cute sounding" pop song. 

11 minutes ago, XO_Life said:

It's not the only reason I disliked it. The Hip Hop elements didn't help either. I try to be open minded but this song gave me nothing. I didn't got any emotions from her voice and couldn't get any from the lyrics bc of the language barrier.  I just think there is good K-Pop and bad K-Pop. 

You see with "Cut To The Feeling" I was able to like it because I understood it and I got its intend. "Cut to the Feeling" speaks to me because it sounds like a cute yet dramatic pop song. 

I get a similar feeling while listening to "Body And The Sun" although it's not a "cute sounding" pop song. 

that's fair enough, you just sounded like one of those annoying "ew kpoop!1!" people at first but yeah

vt5iJqy.gif

i really should have submitted a dancepop song....

can't wait to rank this 

6 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

I remember when Summer 127 was sent and I didn't give it points but in hindsight it's excellent

I don't know if your vote would've been enough to save me but I wish you did vote for it last season.

rgOMkwS.gif

1 minute ago, touya kinomoto said:

I don't know if your vote would've been enough to save me but I wish you did vote for it last season.

rgOMkwS.gif

their classic tbh

rgOMkwS.gif

1 minute ago, touya kinomoto said:

rgOMkwS.gif

their classic tbh

rgOMkwS.gif

Vroom Vroom • Bikini **** • I Didn't Just Come Here to Dance • The Big Big Beat • Party Favors • Die a Little Bit • Last Night in Miami • Stranger

All awesome. Wish I could splurge points on these.

:jonny2:

my entry getting universal acclaim so far. is this how it feels to win?!?

Come On Get Up: The percussion in this is soooo strong. I’m not keen on other elements of the song, but all you need is a good pulse to party really.

Save Room for Us: Quite safe out of all the songs T has. Love her to death, but I’m not sure if this’ll get points from me. It looks like the entires in this group are real solid.

Raining Glitter: I think this song did really well in a previous season - smart to send it in. Not sure if I’d get down to it, but it’s a cute song!

Phonography: Was listening to this the other week… love the song, though I’m sure if it gets points from me it’ll be a smaller amount, given how strong the group seems.