😷COVID-19 | 326,835M cases 5.554M dead | Jan15 +2.409M/5.7K

Genius1111

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

Refuting your flippant analogies about COVID is me being obsessed with you? :rip:

You're not refuting anything just in case you're not aware. Yes, you're just obsessed with me. Congratulations. :clap3:

• Replies 53.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chemist

• Espresso

• Cloröx

• Genius1111

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Jude said:

You're not refuting anything just in case you're not aware. Yes, you're just obsessed with me. Congratulations. :clap3:

What is this Mariah cosplay you're suddenly doing :deadbanana4: I don't even know who you are :toofunny2:

3 hours ago, Jude said:

OT: covid soon to be epidemic :clap3:

Yup, just a few more weeks and COVID will finally become enigma.

2 hours ago, Chemist said:

Encouraging news :skull:

I’ve read like 7 articles in the last few days suggesting that this could be the end of the pandemic.

But there’s a lot like these too, so my conclusion is that no scientist knows **** right now, most of them were predicting back in late 2020 that by now (2022) that it would be over with vaccines and natural immunity and here we are.

I feel like this virus will unexpectedly become very endemic at some point, but it’s still a pain in the ass and Omicron is not as mild as some people will think in people older than 50 even with vaccines, seen how it has hit several family members.

The next variant is really impossible to predict since it’s really hard to outdo Omicron’s contagion power, but you also you rarely see a virus become more lethal over time, so yeah it’s extremely uncertain.

The deaths are starting to catch up to the infections now. It was obvious there would be a lag due to the insane transmission of the virus. I think their still underestimating the severity of the virus as well, specifically for those unvaccinated.

It's all unfolding.

40 minutes ago, Espresso said:

CUBA :clap3: 

Cuba won, @style17, future ATRL member Arianka and COVID lost.

7k2WF6N.jpg

Edited by killer_rose

15 minutes ago, Shirlene said:

The deaths are starting to catch up to the infections now. It was obvious there would be a lag due to the insane transmission of the virus. I think their still underestimating the severity of the virus as well, specifically for those unvaccinated.

It's all unfolding.

Is not as deadly as the other variants in terms of % compared to its infections.

But overall it still kills a lot of people and it’s unacceptable. It seems like in some parts of the world it’s doing the same damage as delta last year.

6 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Is not as deadly as the other variants in terms of % compared to its infections.

But overall it still kills a lot of people and it’s unacceptable. It seems like in some parts of the world it’s doing the same damage as delta last year.

And that's because we have vaccines and countries like South Africa are like 80% vaccinated while US is a little more than half. We know that vaccines are lessening deaths and hospitalizations, thankfully, but for the US, due to the low vaccination rates, I see this variant being just as deadly as Delta for those unvaccinated.

Edited by Shirlene

6 minutes ago, Shirlene said:

And that's because we have vaccines and countries like South Africa are like 80% vaccinated while US is a little more than half. We know that vaccines are lessening deaths and hospitalizations, thankfully, but for the US, due to the low vaccination rates, I see this variant being just as deadly as Delta for those unvaccinated.

Yeah the US is an embarrassment, on top of everything you mentioned unvaccinated people are extremely unhealthy with very toxic habits and it makes them even more vulnerable.

I still think that we’ll see the light this year closer to what was 2019 this year, I mean 2021 felt  normal for a few months but still with some waves like this one.

1 hour ago, Trent W said:

I’ve read like 7 articles in the last few days suggesting that this could be the end of the pandemic.

But there’s a lot like these too, so my conclusion is that no scientist knows **** right now, most of them were predicting back in late 2020 that by now (2022) that it would be over with vaccines and natural immunity and here we are.

I feel like this virus will unexpectedly become very endemic at some point, but it’s still a pain in the ass and Omicron is not as mild as some people will think in people older than 50 even with vaccines, seen how it has hit several family members.

The next variant is really impossible to predict since it’s really hard to outdo Omicron’s contagion power, but you also you rarely see a virus become more lethal over time, so yeah it’s extremely uncertain.

Isn't science a consensus? Meaning that scientists could also change their minds based on the data the latest data gathered.  Perhaps this is another theory that is gaining more traction, as the events unfold.