Grumpy Cat

18 041 170 ww

689 121 deaths

:(

jomarr
6 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

Philippines - 103,185 (+5,032) :deadbanana2:

Surge of deaths is coming for sure my God @jomarr

Oh BB, I was about to tag you in my post. The government doesn't want to proceed with stricter regulations even amid the surging numbers. :weeps: 

Also, recoveries also include those with mild symptoms and are asymptomatic but did not show signs of worsening symptoms so the number of recoveries include positive asymptomatic and mild cases who did not show any signs of deterioration after 2 weeks.

Philippines as of August 2, 2020 (image c/o Manila Bulletin)

115870213_10159369557197985_184163796169222066_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_eui2=AeFkPqVyAL7LPKcIFp2ShJM7wqVA6dXIZt3CpUDp1chm3aXLG4bHXz2Gd9qDpsHo3L0&_nc_ohc=0yw5lhHK9-cAX_d4TAw&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl3-2.fna&oh=c5bda73f2a10928cb3417ee2cb6e10da&oe=5F4B8E93

Coklek92
2 minutes ago, jomarr said:

Oh BB, I was about to tag you in my post. The government doesn't want to proceed with stricter regulations even amid the surging numbers. :weeps: 

Also, recoveries also include those with mild symptoms and are asymptomatic but did not show signs of worsening symptoms so the number of recoveries include positive asymptomatic and mild cases who did not show any signs of deterioration after 2 weeks.

Philippines as of August 2, 2020

115870213_10159369557197985_184163796169222066_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_eui2=AeFkPqVyAL7LPKcIFp2ShJM7wqVA6dXIZt3CpUDp1chm3aXLG4bHXz2Gd9qDpsHo3L0&_nc_ohc=0yw5lhHK9-cAX_d4TAw&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl3-2.fna&oh=c5bda73f2a10928cb3417ee2cb6e10da&oe=5F4B8E93

I read some local news saying the healthcare workers have already given up handling the situation. :jonny2:

jomarr
2 minutes ago, Coklek92 said:

I read some local news saying the healthcare workers have already given up handling the situation. :jonny2:

They aren't giving up but they are pleading for the government to impose stricter quarantine rules because hospitals and clinics are already operating at near full capacity. :cries: 

Homebrand
3 hours ago, Customer_Service said:

Anyone else from Melbourne? I literally cannot cope anymore. 

It sucks boo, but we all in this together :heart2:  

Lose My Breath
7 hours ago, Scotty said:

The fact the real numbers are probably 6-10x higher. :rip:

I would have to imagine this is the case, even with symptomatic people.  I only had the terrible flu like symptoms for one day (although I'm only just starting day 4, still have aches, fatigue, some headaches, diarrhea, but all of it is ignorable), and if I didn't work in healthcare, I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten tested at all.

Blue Jeans
8 hours ago, Scotty said:

The fact the real numbers are probably 6-10x higher. :rip:

If we use 0.5% fatality rate, then UK probably has 46k/0.5% = 9.2 million cases

USA: 157k/0.5% = 31.4 million cases

:deadbanana2:

Scotty
2 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

:rip: 

That's pretty close to my guesstimate, the x6-7 range.

Blue Jeans

BlackStar_93

It's crazy seeing all the UK Karen's on my social media having meltdowns because their Spanish holidays are in jeopardy because of the mandatory quarantine. :deadbanana:

As someone who lives in the UK, I have no sympathy whatsoever. Unessential travel abroad during a global pandemic is just madness; something I won't be considering for at least another year. A holiday is a luxury, not essential in any shape or form, and seeing all their self-serving rants about a holiday being essentially for their 'well being' has really put this whole situation into perspective. Unless they've been personally affected by the virus, people just don't seem to care. 

zyysat
8 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

It's crazy seeing all the UK Karen's on my social media having meltdowns because their Spanish holidays are in jeopardy because of the mandatory quarantine. :deadbanana:

As someone who lives in the UK, I have no sympathy whatsoever. Unessential travel abroad during a global pandemic is just madness; something I won't be considering for at least another year. A holiday is a luxury, not essential in any shape or form, and seeing all their self-serving rants about a holiday being essentially for their 'well being' has really put this whole situation into perspective. Unless they've been personally affected by the virus, people just don't seem to care. 

Well said. Not familiar with UK situation. But I thought that Boris being hospitalized and sent to ICU will serve a big wake up 

call for lots of citizens. Even he changed his stance after being discharged. But it's disheartening to hear so many people in the 

U.K still don't care.

Well, I thought Karen is mostly American exclusive. :deadbanana2:

Arthritis
5 hours ago, Customer_Service said:

Anyone else from Melbourne? I literally cannot cope anymore. 

Yeah, I am. I am losing hope that we're going to be out of any restrictions by the end of the year.

I'm just grateful that partners are still allowed to come around to visit/stay. Otherwise I'd be living all by myself in a big house :doc:

Don't think my mental health would be able to deal with that.

Edited by Arthritis

Phantom
43 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

But this is just a guesstimate...using this, India, Brazil, US, Russia, Mexico are all pretty much over

BlackStar_93
1 minute ago, zyysat said:

Well said. Not familiar with UK situation. But I thought that Boris being hospitalized and sent to ICU will serve a big wake up 

call for lots of citizens. Even he changed his stance after being discharged. But it's disheartening to hear so many people in the 

U.K still don't care.

Well, I thought Karen is mostly American exclusive. :deadbanana2:

Basically, because of the sudden surge of cases in Spain the UK Gov recommend against unessential travel to Spain. If you chose to still travel there after July 27th, you have to quarantine for 14 days upon return to the UK. If people were already out there when this new law came into place, they'll be entitled to pay for the 14-days as they didn't know about the quarantine when they traveled. People are complaining because if they still choose to travel to Spain after July 27th they won't be entitled to pay for the 14-day mandatory quarantine as they willingly took the risk/decision to travel to Spain. All the Karen's are upset  because they wanted their weekends in Benidorm in August but don't want to have to take two-weeks off work (unpaid). 

I agree! There's just something about the general attitude towards Covid over here that's so blase. Of course, there are people who take it seriously but it seems for the most part that people don't care so much. In their minds, Covid became a thing of the past once lockdown ended. :deadbanana:

I think Karen is more of an American thing and I learned it off ATRL. But it does seem to be becoming a 'thing' in the UK too.:giraffe:

ReginaPhalange
6 hours ago, BobBertran1992 said:

And to think that all of this (in Victoria) sprang because of people having sex in a hotel :rip: 

Dan the man, what a leader :clap3:/s

Phantom

Speaking of holidays y'all think Halloween will happen this year? 

Chemist

it seems that Russia will be the first country doing mass vaccinations. Will be interesting to see how it goes

zyysat
10 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Not for me. I live in the one of the worst-hit states in the U.S. Definitely not worth 

risking my life for some store-bought candies.  But I know people will still celebrate just to 

feel normalcy. 

ReginaPhalange

You’d have to be mad to get vaccinated straight away. On average it takes around 10 years to see the potential long term side effects. Anything rushed through this quickly to market is bound to be riddled with complications later on. 

BobBertran1992
12 minutes ago, Phantom said:

November will be scary, that's for sure....

Espresso

Phantom
1 minute ago, zyysat said:

Not for me. I live in the one of the worst-hit states in the U.S. Definitely not worth 

risking my life for some store-bought candies.  But I know people will still celebrate just to 

feel normalcy. 

:clap3:

I'm already prepared for the delusionals to argue that costume masks are going to offer protection and so people can safely go out. I just KNOW this will happen eventually :deadbanana:

2 minutes ago, BobBertran1992 said:

November will be scary, that's for sure....

Ffff yes

Halloween, election in the US... 

3 minutes ago, ReginaPhalange said:

You’d have to be mad to get vaccinated straight away. On average it takes around 10 years to see the potential long term side effects. Anything rushed through this quickly to market is bound to be riddled with complications later on. 

This is true but honestly we really don't have that kind of time - and while clowns like Bill Gates brushing away valid concerns of severe side effects doesn't help anyone, I do think the greater good is for people to wait a few months to see the more immediate side effects, if any, before taking it. I certainly too won't be immediately taking it but at the same time I don't want to contribute to the anti vac rhetoric that is bound to explode very soon. 

Everest

So many people here in the Midwest US are acting like this is over - my IG stories are riddled with weddings, indoor parties, people eating indoors at restaurants, etc. and not a mask in sight in any of them. I drove past a restaurant yesterday and the outdoor patio was PACKED. :ace:

Coklek92
12 minutes ago, Everest said:

So many people here in the Midwest US are acting like this is over - my IG stories are riddled with weddings, indoor parties, people eating indoors at restaurants, etc. and not a mask in sight in any of them. I drove past a restaurant yesterday and the outdoor patio was PACKED. :ace:

Oh well Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Israel, Romania wanted to say hi

Espresso

Seems to be a lot of fighting between the doctors in the MedScape restricted comment section on the effectiveness of Vitamin D for Covid...who knows where that will end up. I still think it's helpful regarding cytokine storms. 

Edited by Espresso