Tsareena

:jonny6: I need a date. this is sick!

mokitsu

YAS GIRLS!! 

the ungodly hour live performance was SICK! :jonny4:

PrettyHurts

Talent only 

EarStyle

R&B duo (and real-life sisters) Chloe and Halle Bailey have unparalleled talent and an unbreakable bond. With a “sexy, darker” new sound and exciting solo projects on the way, the multihyphenates are all grown up and ready for their second act — both together and on their own.

Up until now, Chloe x Halle's sound has been bright, ethereal R&B soul; they released their debut EP Sugar Symphony in 2016, followed by a critically praised mixtape, The Two of Us. Their 2018 album The Kids Are Alright — with jazz-inflected trap-pop songs like "Happy Without Me," "Everywhere," and the Grown-ish theme song "Grown" — showcased their angelic harmonies, earning them Grammy nominations for best new artist and best urban contemporary album. They solidified their place in history with a chill-inducing performance of "America the Beautiful" at the 2019 Super Bowl.

But with age comes experience and, yes, growth. The new Chloe x Halle era will reflect their sisterhood and the kind of women they aspire to be: powerful, strong, and effortlessly sexy. "We're not little kids anymore," Chloe tells me. Their sound has evolved from light and airy soul-pop into "edgier, grittier" R&B, like something you'd want to hear during an episode of Euphoria. They teased new music during an "electric, intense, and fun" performance at The Forum in LA late last year. "We played two new songs; 'Do It' — that's one of our favorites — and 'Rest of Your Life,'" Halle tells me during a phone conversation after the shoot. She describes both tracks as being high energy with party vibes. While Ungodly Hour will be a clear departure, the sisters seem to be more musically aligned than ever.

When I ask how they landed on the album title Ungodly Hour, Halle tells me that it came from a single studio session with English electro artists Disclosure. "They are two brothers, and they're literally like mirrors of us," Halle says of duo Howard and Guy Lawrence, who they worked with on the up-tempo title track. "[Ungodly hour] was a phrase for that riff. We kind of spoke it into existence, you could say," Chloe continues. She reveals that one of their early mood boards included the phrase "The Trouble With Angels" (possibly a nod to the 1966 religious comedy starring Hayley Mills?), and notes how exciting it's been to tie those themes together.

Song title confirmations and Disclosure produced the title track. Also confirmed Victoria Monet worked on a track with them called "Forgive Me"

humbz

I'm soooo excited. The descriptions are amazing.

Hilly

Disclosure?! :duca:

Love Drought

Can't wait :duca:

21 minutes ago, Hilly said:

Disclosure?! :duca:

A collab I never thought I needed until now :jonny:

trainsskyscrapers

Wow. :smitten:

Disclosure (Latch), Victoria Monet (Thank U, Next), and Nija Charles (My Power, Heard About Us, numerous Cardi, CB and Ella Mai cuts).

Add their in-house RN/Parkwood production talent Pluss and Derek Dixie... and we have a GEM. 

Hilly
56 minutes ago, Love Drought said:

Can't wait :duca:

A collab I never thought I needed until now :jonny:

Right??? Siblings excellence!! 

Augmented

I’m ready :jonny5:

Every single project they have released is immaculate. 

A disclosure track as well?!?

DancingShoes

Give us another Without Me :jonny5:

That Bad Eartha

I was at the LA show and both of the new songs sounded excellent there, so I'm very hyped for this.

HazelHyphen

Serve talents sisturs

keshaspearsxo

:smitten2:

Mean Trees

I'm happy Beyonce has kept them. They are too talented to be dropped.

Kings.

:jonny6:

J-esper

:duca:

SpiritSin

So excited for this! I love them. Hope it will be soon. Like really soon :party:

nooniebao

Bummer that this will probably be a project  we’re probably getting in the 2nd half of the year now bc of the current global pandemic.

EarStyle
14 hours ago, nooniebao said:

Bummer that this will probably be a project  we’re probably getting in the 2nd half of the year now bc of the current global pandemic.

Ready for it whenever they do drop it! Wasn't Halle in Europe filming anyway?