• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Navyofbadgals

• Remmy

• potent

• Legend E

• ATRL Moderator

I thought Tamaryn's album was very good and a lot of people didn't understand the sound it was going for glad it's on your list though.

Sunshine Kitty was alright.  Probably her best, cause there were good songs on there but I still think she hasn't done aything besides Disco **** thats 100% connected with me.

Didn't listen to the rest (yes including the gift lol) but I probably should.

Like I have no excuse with Cate or Thom but oh well

Tove Lo & Thom Yorke :clap3: serving quality release of 2019

kii @ The Gift comment dssdln

well.. ehm.. so.. this was disappointing huh? Probably in the minority on this, but this is by far her worst album, it's mostly just boring. Still Tove has shown time and time again to be a great pop song writer, and she occasionally proves that. The lead, the Kylie feat and Sweettalk My Heart are amazing songs that show her strength, but this is still not nearly as exciting as her previous records.

Nothing but truth :eek: However I would switch the lead with Bad As The Boys

Dont Feed the Pop Monster is a solid album with some great tracks. I haven't heard any of the others, but maybe I should give The Gift a try.

I had been meaning to check out the Broods album for some time (it's collecting dust in my library nn) so I think I'll give it a whirl soon :matty: 

The Broods album was horrid, Peach and Hospitalized were decent I guess x

A bit harsh on Sunshine Kitty :shakeno: it was a step down for sure but I still really enjoyed it :emofish:

Cate overrated where? This is like the first best of I've seen her on other than my own. :rip: 

I'm glad to see BROODS making it, but while I agree it might go nowhere at parts it definitely adds to the cohesion of the record making it their best album that won't age for me quickly:alexz: 

All tea, sadly, with Tove though and we have the same top 3 it seems. I'm sure she will come back strong again though.

The Gift was nice, people really did overhate it for various dumb reasons. Sunshine Kitty :jamming: I enjoyed it but you raised some valid points. Don't Feed the Pop Monster :worship: Now THAT's history! But there are no duds sorry sorry sorry

@Harry: :mandown: define high

Likeee #25-21 at minimum I suppose :mandown:

#37 Billie Martens - Feeding Seahorses by Hand

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor billie marten feeding seahorses by hand

singer-songwriter

Very charming and sweet album in terms of sounds. Good writing and nice vocals, this is a solid album, though also not one that is going to blow you away by any means.

#36 Alice Merton - MINT

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor alice merton mint

Pop Rock

Really fun debut album, with some nice pop songs with a punky/rocky vibe to them. They're fun, but some of them border on generic, which will stand out after a few listens

#35 The Japanese House - Good At Falling

The Japanese House - Good at Falling.png

Indie Pop

Cute indie pop album, with some nice elements here and there but it failed to really connect with me. Still pretty good, but oh well

#34 Bad Bunny - X 100PRE

X100pre.jpg

Latin Trap

all these bops we

RWLeZU2.gif

#33 Wallows - Nothing Happens

Wallows nothing happens.png

Indie Rock

Serving quality school rock band, and I'm honestly here for it. Some really nice tracks here (the Clairo feat, Scrawny, Ice Cold Pool and some others too). But now that we're speaking about Wallows, 13RW 3rd season this year was one of the worst things of the year, finishing only behind whatever camila did (who's over btw) and Cats. Oh well at least Dylan still has this then, hoping for a bit better lyricism on their next record, and some boundaries pushed for their sound, because this album is very much so within the lines

#32 Adia Victoria - Silences

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor adia victoria silences

Blues Rock

This sounds so unique, it's serving Cowboy vibes combined with gothy witchy vibes and for some reason it works so well. Adia completely bodies the sound. Though I think that with the unique sound, it's cool factor did wear off on me after some listens, but still a solid effort

#31 Aldous Harding - Designer

Aldous Harding Designer.jpg

Indie Folk

The two pre-release singles (The Barrel & Fixture Picture) are SO good

RWLeZU2.gif

Too bad the rest of the album isn't nearly as good. The lyricism is, but some of the other songs are very mood-dependent and often just border on snoozefest if I'm not in the mood. If the album was on the level of The Barrel & Fixture Picture this album would be an easy top 20, but **** happens I guess

#30-21 hopefully tomorrow, unless Toronto has other plans for me

RWLeZU2.gif

Spoiler
On 12/14/2019 at 9:31 PM, Staryu said:

TLK soundtrack is ranked too high

n61Sybs.gif

I agrih about Tove Lo.

0YlqORO.gif

On 12/14/2019 at 9:38 PM, Jet said:

I think The Gifts placement is pretty accurate. Good enough to get acknowledged but not super high :clap3:  It’s not a great album but there’s a few hidden gems in there worth exploring

Yeah there are some nice songs on there, she could just do better, but I'll gladly take it

On 12/15/2019 at 12:33 AM, Clueless said:

Anima :smitten:

0YlqORO.gif

On 12/15/2019 at 1:20 AM, Madame X said:

I thought Tamaryn's album was very good and a lot of people didn't understand the sound it was going for glad it's on your list though.

Sunshine Kitty was alright.  Probably her best, cause there were good songs on there but I still think she hasn't done aything besides Disco **** thats 100% connected with me.

Didn't listen to the rest (yes including the gift lol) but I probably should.

Like I have no excuse with Cate or Thom but oh well

I would watch the Netflix movie for Thom, it's somewhat pretentious but also cool and does add to the experience

On 12/17/2019 at 2:41 AM, Legend E said:

The Gift is a cute girl

0YlqORO.gif

On 12/17/2019 at 3:52 AM, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Tove Lo & Thom Yorke :clap3: serving quality release of 2019

the 2 T's 

0YlqORO.gif

On 12/17/2019 at 8:46 AM, Mark Rih said:

kii @ The Gift comment dssdln

Nothing but truth :eek: However I would switch the lead with Bad As The Boys

I dislike fat alma with a passion so

0YlqORO.gif

On 12/17/2019 at 2:09 PM, potent said:

Dont Feed the Pop Monster is a solid album with some great tracks. I haven't heard any of the others, but maybe I should give The Gift a try.

The Gift has some nice tracks, It doesn't really work as a whole album, but you'll at the very least like one of the songs on it

On 12/17/2019 at 9:33 PM, Pink Matter said:

I had been meaning to check out the Broods album for some time (it's collecting dust in my library nn) so I think I'll give it a whirl soon :matty: 

you should!

17 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

The Broods album was horrid, Peach and Hospitalized were decent I guess x

A bit harsh on Sunshine Kitty :shakeno: it was a step down for sure but I still really enjoyed it :emofish:

Eh it's just frustrating cause it's so clear she can do better

15 hours ago, Eeveelution said:

Cate overrated where? This is like the first best of I've seen her on other than my own. :rip: 

jssj I  mostly meant outside of atrl, haven't really been up to date with best ofs this year so wouldn't know how it was rated on the site

12 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

I'm glad to see BROODS making it, but while I agree it might go nowhere at parts it definitely adds to the cohesion of the record making it their best album that won't age for me quickly:alexz: 

All tea, sadly, with Tove though and we have the same top 3 it seems. I'm sure she will come back strong again though.

yeah still looking forward to her next material, I'm sure she'll at least serve one bop so I'm satisfied

7 hours ago, Remmy said:

The Gift was nice, people really did overhate it for various dumb reasons. Sunshine Kitty :jamming: I enjoyed it but you raised some valid points. Don't Feed the Pop Monster :worship: Now THAT's history! But there are no duds sorry sorry sorry

Likeee #25-21 at minimum I suppose :mandown:

0YlqORO.gif

in other news, I WON today

0YlqORO.gif

sunshine kitty shade.... but i stan mz. bagels so idc 

the gift :clap3:

the rest serving eclecticism realness and taste

RWLeZU2.gifx

You won last time but I only know MINT from these and it was alright :mandown: None of the new songs managed to outpeak No Roots. I've heard a few snippets of some Wallows songs but apparently they weren't strong enough to make me listen in full :mandown: 

The Japanese House and Alice Merton album were ok for one listen I guess :mandown:  Perched for higher positions

• ATRL Moderator

Billie Marten :jonny:
mint was cute, good at falling an album 
Adia Victoria  :clap3: cute album
Aldous :clap3:

Tove Lo :)

I haven't heard any of these, but I'm kind of interested in Alice's since I liked No Roots, I don't really know anything else from her though.

Wallows also seems interesting from what you wrote, I know it's Dylan's band but I think I've only heard a song or two here and there.

Agrih on Japanese House, cute album but it didn't really stick

0YlqORO.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.